unexpected basics

LC Lauren Conrad pleated faux-leather shorts (Kohl’s sale) | Ralph Lauren striped cardi | Chico’s tank | Jessica Simpson Landen pumps | JustFab tote bag

Never did I ever think I’d fall so deeply in love with a pair of pleather shorts. I’ve worn these babies no less than 10 times since buying them the weekend before Thanksgiving (actually, getting them for free with Kohl’s cash; #winning). In fact — beginning on Thanksgiving Day — I shamelessly donned them three days in a row. They just may be one of the most versatile things in my closet right now. And they lighten the disappointment that it’s December and I’m bare-legged and sweating in my black twinset cardigan.

Speaking of legs, one of you has a pair of ASSETS by Sarah Blakely Super Shaper Tights courtesy of jcpenney with your name on ’em…

Katie, you forgot to leave me a way to contact you! Oops! Please shoot me an email by Friday with your shipping information. If I don’t hear from you, we’ll have to draw another winner. Thanks for entering everyone!

28 thoughts on “unexpected basics

1. words4wear says:

I liked those when I saw them but didn’t buy because I thought they would look horrid on me…they look so cute on you! I love LC’s line.

2. Veni, Vidi, Vici says:

This entry is a wonderful reminder of why I need to move back to Florida, so I can also wear shorts with bear legs in December :-) Those shorts are lovely. I have to check my local Kohl’s. Lovely outfit, as always. Btw, I ended up finding the utilitarian Decree jacket at JCP. $19.99 – $15 off coupon = $4.99 #winning!

3. soanthro says:

I love the shorts!! Almost got them but figured I wouldn’t find enough to wear them with, now I’m regretting that decision! Got some other Lauren Conrad things instead and I totally went back with my Kohl’s cash too :)

4. Dasia Gonzalez says:

I bought the SAME shorts and I am so obsessed as well, but haven’t had the chance to wear them yet!!

5. Frannie Pantz says:

I am currently on a shopping ban. But . . . I have been wanting leather shorts forever and I have some Kohl’s cash from Christmas shopping. This should be allowed no? I LOVE these shorts! You look great!

6. Chelsea says:

Oh, I love those shorts- what a great pick! I’ve been on the hunt for a neutral pair of dressy-type shorts to wear over tights. Unfortunately our weather here isn’t warm enough for bare legs! lol

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s