>a little behind, but still in the race

07/08/2010 8 Comments

>a little behind, but still in the race

07/08/2010 8 Comments

7-8-10(1)
7-8-10(2)
7-8-10(3)

In all that’s been going on in the last few days, I’ve gotten a little behind in my Summer Style Bootcamp posts, hoping you wouldn’t notice by posting gratuitous cute baby videos. But I haven’t cheated! In fact, it’s made my otherwise chaotic and overwhelming week a little simpler.  The outfits weren’t post-worthy, but I didn’t stray.

My grandmother was admitted to a hospice house on Tuesday, so we’re spending as much time with her as we can, sharing stories, laughing {and crying}, and helping each other get through.

On a somewhat funny note, she’s always loved my hair short. She hates when it’s long and I pull it up or twist it into a sloppy bun. Apparently on one of the afternoons I wasn’t there, she talked about my ponytails for over 30 minutes {ranting about them, I’m sure}. When I walked in yesterday with my hair pulled back in a scarf, the first thing she asked me is if I had a haircut.

I’ve been trying to grow my hair out for months and months, but I thought about going to have it all cut off tomorrow, just for her.

• aj 07/09/2010 at 2:15 pm

>I love the jacket! The colors are awesome too. all-aboutaj.blogspot.com

• Anonymous 07/09/2010 at 1:56 pm

>Cootie Girl – your grandmother and your family love you whether your hair is long, short or in-between. Hair is hair – you wear it the way you like it. Just don't consult your Dad's hair stylist….Hang in there and pray for peace of mind. Know that God is in control and He will not let Nan suffer! Love you!AC

• refcake 07/09/2010 at 5:16 am

>hi! i really like your day 5! i like the color combo! ~pie (refcake.blogspot.com)

• Melissa 07/09/2010 at 3:24 am

>I love this! I will be wearing my yellow shirt soon too… now I just wish I could pull off white pants!You look very cute :)Melissa

• Melissa 07/09/2010 at 1:14 am

>What a sweet, sweet thing to do for your grandmother. On the one hand it seems like a drastic thing to do, but on the other hand…will you regret it if you don't? Hair is just hair, it will always grow back. I'm sure you'll make the right decision either way. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a difficult time right now. I remember going through the same thing with my grandfather. It's not easy. On a happy note – you look adorable! I love the bright and cheery yellow shirt with white pants and the denim jacket is fabulous!

• daisymay aka Chantele 07/09/2010 at 12:20 am

>Cute look, love the white trousers! I am joining the challenge so will be posting my first look sat probably! Excited even though I am behind. Just thought I would come say hi.Daisy Dayz Home

• Catalina 07/09/2010 at 12:19 am

>I love your outfit. What a nice combination of colors. Sorry to hear about your grandma but it sounds like you are doing everything you can to make everyone smile. :)

• honeysuckle 07/08/2010 at 10:52 pm

>cute jacket, i like your outfit! and i'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, i hope she will get well soon!