>a little behind, but still in the race

7-8-10(1)
7-8-10(2)
7-8-10(3)

In all that’s been going on in the last few days, I’ve gotten a little behind in my Summer Style Bootcamp posts, hoping you wouldn’t notice by posting gratuitous cute baby videos. But I haven’t cheated! In fact, it’s made my otherwise chaotic and overwhelming week a little simpler.  The outfits weren’t post-worthy, but I didn’t stray.

My grandmother was admitted to a hospice house on Tuesday, so we’re spending as much time with her as we can, sharing stories, laughing {and crying}, and helping each other get through.

On a somewhat funny note, she’s always loved my hair short. She hates when it’s long and I pull it up or twist it into a sloppy bun. Apparently on one of the afternoons I wasn’t there, she talked about my ponytails for over 30 minutes {ranting about them, I’m sure}. When I walked in yesterday with my hair pulled back in a scarf, the first thing she asked me is if I had a haircut.

I’ve been trying to grow my hair out for months and months, but I thought about going to have it all cut off tomorrow, just for her.

1. aj wrote:

>I love the jacket! The colors are awesome too. all-aboutaj.blogspot.com

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  2. Anonymous wrote:

>Cootie Girl – your grandmother and your family love you whether your hair is long, short or in-between. Hair is hair – you wear it the way you like it. Just don't consult your Dad's hair stylist….Hang in there and pray for peace of mind. Know that God is in control and He will not let Nan suffer! Love you!AC

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  3. refcake wrote:

>hi! i really like your day 5! i like the color combo! ~pie (refcake.blogspot.com)

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  4. Melissa wrote:

>I love this! I will be wearing my yellow shirt soon too… now I just wish I could pull off white pants!You look very cute :)Melissa

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  5. Melissa wrote:

>What a sweet, sweet thing to do for your grandmother. On the one hand it seems like a drastic thing to do, but on the other hand…will you regret it if you don't? Hair is just hair, it will always grow back. I'm sure you'll make the right decision either way. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a difficult time right now. I remember going through the same thing with my grandfather. It's not easy. On a happy note – you look adorable! I love the bright and cheery yellow shirt with white pants and the denim jacket is fabulous!

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  6. >Cute look, love the white trousers! I am joining the challenge so will be posting my first look sat probably! Excited even though I am behind. Just thought I would come say hi.Daisy Dayz Home

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  7. Catalina wrote:

>I love your outfit. What a nice combination of colors. Sorry to hear about your grandma but it sounds like you are doing everything you can to make everyone smile. :)

Posted 7.9.10 Reply
  8. >cute jacket, i like your outfit! and i'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, i hope she will get well soon!

Posted 7.8.10 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼