>a grey area?

07/13/2010 12 Comments

>a grey area?

07/13/2010 12 Comments

7-13-10
7-13-10(2)
7-13-10(3)
{this was me attempting to give you a better view of these adorable Jessica Simpson platforms… it looks like I’m channeling my inner Beyonce}
7-13-10(4)
Chad: “Are those shiny long Spanx part of your 30 pieces?”
Me: “Babe, first of all, these are called leggings. I’m counting them either as underwear (like a cami) or accessory (like a scarf). I’ll have to ask my readers if they think I’m cheating. But would you want me to go out of the house in this dress without them?”
Chad: “No. Definitely not.”
7-13-10(5)
Chad: “I just took a picture of you giving that ‘explanation’.”

INC Denim Shirtdress (Macy’s sale, $20)
Miley Cyrus/Max Azria leggings (Wal-Mart)
Jessica Simpson Platforms (Macy’s sale, $30)
Bracelets from Beall’s Outlet
Stella & Dot earrings

So, dear readers, you be the jury.

Was adding these leggings to this outfit a flagrant violation of my bootcamp rules, a grey area, or am I in the safe zone? I don’t really wear leggings very often (hence my husband mistaking them for Spanx, which I do wear very often) so I kind of lump them in with icing accessories, like tights. What do you think?

• Clare 07/15/2010 at 6:25 pm

>That denim shirtdress is fab. My instinct would be to belt it, but I'm so glad you left it loose. Looks wonderful!

• gee 07/14/2010 at 3:21 am

>nope. i am wearing tights in my outfits as accessories. i have too, some dresses are way to short and my legs are way to pale! xoxosockmonkeyandgee.blogspot.com

• shealennon 07/14/2010 at 1:12 am

>You look so chic, I love this! And I agree with you about the leggings–they shouldn't count. I've been saying the same myself about camisoles: since I wouldn't wear them alone, I don't count them.

• megan at Transmission Me 07/14/2010 at 12:04 am

>I'm not sure either but you look so super cute!! I love your hair like that and your shoes are freakin' hot!!

• style underdog 07/13/2010 at 10:37 pm

>Hey Keira,That is so funny, I am wearing the same shoes today. I will be posting them soon. I also have the same shirt and liquid leggings (inc leggings though). I think you look great!As for the leggings as a violation, are you wearing them as pants? If so, yes. If you could have rocked that tunic/shirtdress without anything underneath than no, you are not in violation. I guess it depends on you…

• The Daily Fashionista 07/13/2010 at 10:09 pm

>The difference between leggings and tights is this:Tights have to worn under something, since they are either opaque or see-thru.Leggings are solid and can be worn as pants.Thus my verdict is they should count as your 30 pieces, but I wouldn't say your a cheater. Just a rule bender, is all..hehehe..

• Keira 07/13/2010 at 8:16 pm

>Very true, Laura! If it couldn't stand on its own as an item of clothing, it shouldn't count, right? I won't be rocking them with a tank top any time soon.

• Laura 07/13/2010 at 7:07 pm

>SInce you couldn't (SHOULDN'T) wear them unless your bum is covered, I say, nope, they don't count!

• Fashion Butter 07/13/2010 at 6:54 pm

>Leggings are tights. Tights are accessories. You are a-ok in my book!

• NoGuiltFashion 07/13/2010 at 6:51 pm

>I am not counting leggings in my remix challenge if I could theoretically wear the dress/skirt without the leggings. However, for work I definitely prefer the extra coverage. In this case I think they look more like pants, and not "underwear". I won't say anything if you don't!!!noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

• Kelly 07/13/2010 at 6:32 pm

>…but if you were, say, wearing these under a mini skirt, I would think of them more as accessories and therefore a freebie. So basically I have no idea. This is pretty grey ;-)

• Kelly 07/13/2010 at 6:30 pm

>arggghhhh blogger ate my comment! My main point was that I don't know if they should have to count or not. Although I'm kind of leaning toward them as having to count because they're being worn as pants here…