>It’s in the Bag

>It’s in the Bag

07/22/2010 12 Comments

7-22-10(1)
7-22-10(2)
7-22-10(3)
7-22-10(4)
Liz Claiborne Denim Shirt Dress (Belk sale, $50)
Mustard Lace Cami (Macy’s)
Nine West belt
Style & Co wedges and earrings (Macy’s)

Can we talk for a moment about my obsession with cute office supplies?

Angeline posted recently about the frustrations of finding a decent laptop bag. Most of them are either really masculine, or just plain ugly. I refused to carry one of these black monstrosities, and for years just shoved my old Macbook into an oversized tote bag {which resulted in some nasty scratches}. I finally found this great bag at Staples, of all places!

I basically have to carry my office with me at all times since I’m always on the road. This Buxton New Yorker holds my Macbook and charger, planner, file folders, wallet, and makeup bags with room to spare. I organize all of my personal necessities into small makeup bags (like the freebies you get from cosmetics gifts-with-purchase) that I can easily transfer from this bag to a purse, and vice-versa.

And about business supplies… plain manilla file folders just won’t do! Ever since Staples introduced their “M” line of office supplies, I’m a woman obsessed. I can’t go into the store without picking up a pack of their adorable file folders, document envelopes, notebooks, or notecards. Vera Bradley and Lilly Pulitzer have gorgeous stationery and desk accessories, too.

How do you work your style into your 9 to 5?

• Elaine 07/24/2010 at 10:22 pm

>Super cute! I love the denim dress with the braided leather belt. Right now, a 9-5 is non-existent! (a good and bad thing..)clothed much, a modest fashion blog

• Clare 07/23/2010 at 7:51 pm

>Absolutely perfect. Loving that dress!

• Robyn 07/23/2010 at 7:22 pm

>I work from home, so my 9-5 look is very similar to my happy hour look, which is similar to my going out look. Oh well. However, working from home doesn't make me immune to cute office supplies. In fact I too am obsessed with them.

• style underdog 07/23/2010 at 2:55 pm

>I just saw the KLC widget. It looks great. I will check you out on facebook next. Great job Keira.

• orchidsinbuttonholes 07/23/2010 at 2:23 pm

>I love that dress! It's the perfect saturated blue, and the fit is just wonderful on you. I love, too, how you cinched it with that brown woven belt. Lovely look!

• Anonymous 07/23/2010 at 1:27 pm

>I used a bright red bag at my internship and all through law school. I love it and people always comment on it. I got it for free when I bought a Ralph Lauren Romance set so I will cry when it finally falls apart.And I LOVE your outfit! ~ Sarah

• angeline 07/23/2010 at 5:25 am

>Great bag! I love red bags…they act as a neutral in many more cases than one might expect. I also love fun office supplies…I linger and gaze in Office Depot and target whenever I go.

• amanda lynn? 07/23/2010 at 2:37 am

>you are so cute! I love those earrings.

• Natalie 07/22/2010 at 8:40 pm

>Haha! I love office supplies too! They have a really cute line at Hobby Lobby with floral push pins, file folders, even coffee mugs!

• Andrea 07/22/2010 at 4:56 pm

>I love the pop of mustard under your shirt dress to off set all of the red! I am a SAHM so no office for me, but I do utitlize the trick of keeping things in makeup bags for easy transfer from purse to diaper bag to beach bag…

• Linda (little tin soldier) 07/22/2010 at 4:37 pm

>During the school year, I always carry a BIG bag! I use an oversized navy blue Vera Bradley bag and two hefty Kate Spade bags. They all have two pockets where I keep my phone, pens, keys, and a zipper pouch for other things. They're big enough for my laptop, too. I love your idea of using cosmetic pouches to organize supplies.

• Melissa 07/22/2010 at 3:37 pm

>You are absolutely adorable! I love the simple neutral brown accessories with that dress, which is fantastic, by the way.Hm, cute office supplies? Yeah, I've got nothin'. I only get what they give me!