>Romper Room

>Romper Room

07/29/2010 11 Comments

7-29-10(1)
7-29-10(7)7-29-10(6)
{outtakes}
7-29-10(5)7-29-10(4)
Grass Jeans Linen Romper (Macy’s sale, $20 or $25)
INC Denim Jacket (Macy’s sale, $50)
Thrifted scarf ($3)

I love rompers, in theory. They’re easy one-piece outfits like dresses, but more versatile because they’re shorts {there are some things you just can’t do in a skirt}.

Sadly, my search for perfect rompers is often a thankless task. When you’re petite and curvy with “junk in your trunk,” most romper styles are the opposite of flattering. I’ve been really drawn to vintage versions (Robyn usually has great ones over at Twitch) because I feel like they were cut for curvier ladies of yore, and have a little more room to move around in.

This particular romper is one of two that I currently own (the other is a black INC silk version that I bought right before bootcamp began and haven’t had an opportunity to wear). This is the first time it’s made it into a bootcamp post, because I kind of forgot it was one of the 27 pieces. As a matter of fact, I think this is the first appearance of the denim jacket, too…

It’s crazy to think that I have such a limited wardrobe for this challenge, and I still haven’t worn several of the pieces I allowed myself. Are there any pieces in your challenge stash that you haven’t used yet?

• shealennon 07/31/2010 at 7:02 pm

>Love this romper look! I have yet to buy one but I should because they look so great on others! I still have a couple pieces I haven't worn for the challenge either! Also a denim jacket–it's been way too hot here for jackets! And here I thought I'd run out of combos!

• style underdog 07/31/2010 at 12:18 am

>Honestly Keira, if I didn't know you were doing your bootcamp I would have never guessed. All your outfits have a different look and feel. I will say it again, remixing is your superpower.

• rlutz 07/30/2010 at 11:43 pm

>the romper looks great on you…I still have about 5 items that I have not work yet, mostly blazers that are too warn for now…not sure why I chose them…

• Ebony 07/30/2010 at 6:06 pm

>I'm 5'1 and weigh more than 100 pounds and rompers are pretty unforgiving so I decided to pass them up. By the summer I tried again, but none worked so I gave up and moved on. On a mid-summer trip to Forever 21, I saw a really cute one and kept staring as I walked by thinking it'd be a waste of time to try it on. I've got to say … it fits well and I've received more compliments on it than anything else. None that I've found since has worked half as well …Stop by and have a look around:http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

• Robyn 07/30/2010 at 12:30 pm

>Awe, thanks for the nod. Alas, I am not built for rompers either. That doesn't stop me from wearing them, but they are definitely not built for the long waisted. I love how chic you look here, even though this is casual. You really do always look put together.

• the southern hostess 07/30/2010 at 5:30 am

>So adorable! I love it.

• basiccravings 07/30/2010 at 2:37 am

>Yes, I struggled to get some items in. Only wore 5 or 6 once. Better luck next time!

• SWF_Terra 07/30/2010 at 2:23 am

>So pretty Keira! I love the scarf in your hair. Makes me want to go get Italian ices.

• Clare 07/30/2010 at 1:23 am

>Ah, Keira, this is SO GOOD. All-white and rompers can be hard to pull off, but you are rocking this!

• aj 07/30/2010 at 12:08 am

>Rompers always look horrid on me, plus they are annoying if you have to go to the bathroom! I have one cardigan I haven't worn in my challenge yet – mostly cause it's too hot for cardigans! However, I have several other things I've only worn once.

• Haven 07/29/2010 at 11:36 pm

>Your romper is too cute! I have the same junk-in-the-trunk problem with rompers. So I don't even own one. :( I've searched but I think I've given up all hope at this point.