>Senioritis

08/09/2010 9 Comments

>Senioritis

08/09/2010 9 Comments

8-9-10(1)
8-9-10(2)
LOFT dress
Chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet)
Thrifted belt
Style & Co. wedges
Bracelets (Beall’s Outlet)

I’m in the home stretch! And I’m really feeling the pressure to pull out some good head-to-toe looks and finish this thing with a bang… but I’m also kind of starting to lose my momentum and inspiration.

Like senioritis when you’re in high school.

Remember that feeling? You’re so close to graduating [from your Summer Style Bootcamp] and all you can think about are the great things the future holds [and all the new outfits you’re going to put together with the clothes that have waited patiently in your closet for the last 6 weeks]. So you kind of start to fall into the doldrums of the same old assignments [and a 27-item wardrobe] and lose your focus [and forget how to creatively remix].

I’m afraid there’s no cure for senioritis [both the high school and style bootcamp variety] except to tough it out until the end.

Hey 30/30 remixers, how’d you get through the last week?

P.S. Don’t forget to enter the first Closet Clean-Out Giveaway!

• Becky 08/10/2010 at 5:41 pm

>I haven't even started mine yet! I have senioritis at work because I'm moving in 9 days. I can't wait to unpack all my lovely non moving clothes and start mixing them up. I have lists of outfits in my head inspired by you 30 remixers.

• shealennon 08/10/2010 at 5:06 pm

>I completely understand! I kept thinking I should come up with some incredibly creative combinations, but the reality was I just wanted to be done. But you've been so creative thus far, I'm sure it will continue :)

• gee 08/10/2010 at 3:05 am

>good luck love. you are almost there!!! you are doing an amazing job! :) xoxo

• Hope 08/10/2010 at 2:54 am

>I remember senioritis well. :) Keep on keeping on! From what I've seen, you're doing a great job! It's almost over. :)

• Jeanna 08/10/2010 at 1:51 am

>Hey, I hear ya — the last week was tough! I kind of just stuck it out. fortunately, I was so busy that last week that it was kind of nice to not have to worry about what to wear. Here's what you have to look forward to, though — it's realllyy nice to wear all your other clothes again when it's over! Good luck on your last week!PS This look is so cute! I think I need a chambray shirt.http://thirdfloorcloset.tumblr.com

• Shen Dove Style 08/10/2010 at 1:20 am

>You're doing a great job with the challenge! I'm nearing the end of the 30 for 30 as well and am feeling 'remix outfit fatigue' as well.

• Melissa 08/10/2010 at 12:54 am

>I think you're doing a great job. I've loved all of your remixes so far. And while you might think this is boring, I don't! It's simple, but very chic and styled just enough to show your personality. You look great!

• Collette Osuna 08/09/2010 at 11:50 pm

>Love the relaxed, yet dressy feeling of this outfit:)

• Mandy 08/09/2010 at 11:49 pm

>Very cute dress + chambray shirt. Congrats for being so close to finishing this remix. I give everyone kudos who got through it!