>Let’s pretend it’s Fall!

08/31/2010 19 Comments

>Let’s pretend it’s Fall!

08/31/2010 19 Comments

8-31-10(1) copy
8-31-10(2) copy
8-31-10(3) copy
8-31-10(4) copy
Nine West linen flutter-sleeve blouse (Beall’s Outlet clearance, $8)
Simply Vera Vera Wang skinnies (Kohl’s sale, $20)
Target boots ($17)
Vintage scarf
Mom’s cool safari bag

We’re in that weird Florida season transition when every day is rain, rain and more rain. When it’s windy and stormy out, I just want to bundle up {plus I’m really itching for some Fall looks}. I wore this outfit on the weekend on one rainy day, and liked it so much I wore it twice. Then I went to my mom’s for dinner, and she had this awesome safari bag on the kitchen counter… great addition, no?

I have to say, I was so excited to dust off my boots! I don’t own a pair of wellies, but these flat boots from Target are perfect substitutes.

• Marie Z. 09/01/2010 at 8:19 pm

>Just found your blog and I'm glad I did : ) I'm following now.I'm so not ready for fall. I'm in denial it's just around the corner ; )

• Nicole Marie 09/01/2010 at 3:59 am

>love the color of your scarf

• 20 York Street 09/01/2010 at 3:15 am

>That is such a cool safari tote. It looks like a Banana Republic original!xoxo,http://twentyyork.blogspot.com

• Jeanna 09/01/2010 at 1:57 am

>Yes, let's! I'm so ready for fall I can't stand it. I can't wait to layer.I love this look. So classic!

• Jaime @ La vie...J'aime 09/01/2010 at 12:02 am

>Love this look- beautiful scarf….def feels like fall :)

• Grace, Money Smart Fashion 08/31/2010 at 11:58 pm

>let's do pretend its fall! oh wait its still 95 degrees here. schmrp. Well one can dream. I love the boots and the safari bag!

• Natasha the whimsical nerd 08/31/2010 at 11:36 pm

>that safari bag is very cool. Love your photo background!

• Collette Osuna 08/31/2010 at 11:12 pm

>You look sooooo fabulous!!!I totally love the scarf and the safari bag….hope it cools for you, somewhat, soon:)

• gen 08/31/2010 at 6:55 pm

>This outfit makes me think safari jungle, the tall grass, scarf, bag everything! Love it! Aaah Target… wish we have one here!

• Ashley J 08/31/2010 at 5:47 pm

>I am also ready for fall, mostly my fall shoes!! I wish I lived in FL because your pics are beautiful with the water but I am stuck here in Tennessee.http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Gracie 08/31/2010 at 5:13 pm

>so cute! I'm so ready for fall. I have a pair of boots similar to yours that I cannot wait to get out! xo, GracieThe Flip Side of Oz

• Sadie's Momma 08/31/2010 at 5:02 pm

>This outfit is gorgeous. It looks like a great transitional outfit. Boots + short sleeves. LOVE. And yes, the safari bag is awesome. Go Mom!<3 KPhttp://fashionmommaintraining.blogspot.com

• MONKEYFACE 08/31/2010 at 5:01 pm

>Gorgeous scarf! You look ready for a super stylish adventure today, on an exploration for a new season!

• Style Underdog 08/31/2010 at 3:44 pm

>I am so with you about Fall. We should have a "Fall Pretend" theme week and not pay attention to our tropical weather. (you FL, me CA)Great outfit by the way. Great last 5 outfits I should say. Have a wonderful week Keira.

• Kate 08/31/2010 at 3:07 pm

>This is a beautiful outfit. It is so simple and rich!

• Kim Humes 08/31/2010 at 2:41 pm

>I love this outfit! It's so comfy, but polished. I love the african safari/tourist feel of it. I really want a pair of boots just like that, but alas my calves are too short/fat to buy boots in store :( *sigh*

• Sally 08/31/2010 at 2:15 pm

>I love the boots & scarf combination. Great colors!Sally

• ciupa 08/31/2010 at 1:43 pm

>very cool outfit. you're right, your mom's safari bag really was the perfect touch.

• Melissa 08/31/2010 at 1:15 pm

>I didn't know you live in Florida! So do I. I've been wondering if there are any bloggers anywhere near me. I love this outfit! I can't even fathom wearing it with this weather. Even the rain can't cool me down enough.Those boots are fantastic. I'm dying to find a good pair of flat boots. Target, huh? I'll have to check there!