>The Final Days of Summer

09/03/2010 22 Comments

9-1-10(1) copy
9-1-10(3) copy
9-1-10(2) copy 9-1-10(4) copy
Vintage silk blouse & clutch
LOFT denim pencil skirt
Cashmere cardi (Victoria’s Secret)
Jessica Simpson Landen pumps

This weekend marks the official end of summer. I’m really not sure how I feel about this… partly because my head is spinning from how fast the last few months flew by and I’m having trouble concentrating.

One one hand, I can’t believe that summer is over and I didn’t take one trip to the beach or spend a single day on a boat in one of the dozens of lakes that surround me; I’ve been so busy with family stuff and the whole working-three-jobs-and-trying-to-start-a-business thing.

On the other hand, I’m really looking forward to fall. It comes with some pretty awesome stuff: cooler weather, pumpkin lattes, Thanksgiving, and the end of bathing suit season (among other great things).

On the subject of fall and style, I usually change my hair color to darker/warmer tones around this time of year. These photos were taken at sunset, so my hair looks really red… and I kind of dig it. I’ve never gone dramatic red, but I think I may have to give it a go.

• Alecia 09/07/2010 at 1:25 pm

>love the ladylike look you have going on- hair color is gorgeous on you- i have a skirt much like yours-very flattering

• Jeanna 09/06/2010 at 3:38 pm

>This is beautiful! So ladylike.

• Clare 09/05/2010 at 2:14 am

>Da-yang. You pull off classy like nobody's business. I love this!

• minnja 09/05/2010 at 12:52 am

>so stunning great!!!LOVEminnjahttp://minnja.blogspot.com/

• Linda (little tin soldier) 09/04/2010 at 8:31 pm

>Love this look Keira! Those shoes are amazing!

• mara 09/04/2010 at 7:13 pm

>love this vintage look :) you look beautiful dear! http://amaturecouture.com/

• 20 York Street 09/04/2010 at 5:22 am

>I'm not sure if I love the skirt more than the pumps. You've got a great innate style in you!xoxo,http://twentyyork.blogspot.com/

• devilishlypleasurable 09/04/2010 at 4:52 am

>such a pretty look! love your style :)

• NoGuiltFashion 09/04/2010 at 1:15 am

>I think you would look lovely as a redhead.p.s. that clutch is AMAZING!!!www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

• kerry 09/03/2010 at 10:45 pm

>wow! you look stunning in this outfit, just beautiful. love the skirt and blouse together. you have fantastic style and i adore your blog, definitely a new follower for you :)http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

• FrillsandRuffles 09/03/2010 at 9:34 pm

>Thank you for your comment! I think I had a mini breakdown when I realized summer is coming to an end. Love the clutch!http://www.frillsandruffles.com

• Ashley J 09/03/2010 at 6:10 pm

>I have a feeling both you and I are in love with Ann Taylor Loft!!! We have at least something on from there in every outfit post! Have a fabulous holiday weekend and don't forget to enter in the Closet Clean-Out Giveaway, a new item every day this week!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Monica 09/03/2010 at 6:09 pm

>You look so pretty! Has anyone ever told you you look like you could be Ashley Judd's sister (not Winona, but another sister!)? The red hair looks great on those Judd women — I bet you could pull it off no problem. Gorgeous classy outfit. Love the colors together.

• Laura 09/03/2010 at 6:08 pm

>Love the outfit AND those shoes!!! I'm going to miss summer too…Feel free to come visit my blog at:aglamorousdemeanor.blogspot.com

• Natasha the whimsical nerd 09/03/2010 at 4:08 pm

>that is just the prettiest little clutch. I love your haircut too.

• swee2th 09/03/2010 at 3:45 pm

>WOW ~~ You look stunning! Brynne (still on vacation and looking forward to having your necklace waiting in the mail to make the return not so bitter).

• lauren carney 09/03/2010 at 2:44 pm

>sighs!i enjoy swooning over your lovely pictures!they are all kinds of fancy!thanks for sharing them with the world!<3

• Melanie 09/03/2010 at 2:34 pm

>I agree, pumpkin lattes are one of the nest things about fall!Your hair looks good this color, but I used to go back and forth from reddish to brown with the seasons too, and that somehow made the changing of seasons a little more definite.

• MONKEYFACE 09/03/2010 at 2:27 pm

>Keira, I am blown away by today's outfit – it's so sophisticated and chic! Very jealous of that vintage clutch find :)

• Collette Osuna 09/03/2010 at 1:51 pm

>Love how you look today!! I agree, the hair color is really working for you:)Ive gone "red penny" before….loved it…I bet youd look HOT…..give it a go:)Im happy to see the official end of Summer….we now get to move into all the fabulous Fall fashions!! Woo hoo!!

• Secondhand Smash 09/03/2010 at 1:48 pm

>Very pretty outfit — understated chic. LOVE that clutch. :)

• Melissa 09/03/2010 at 1:33 pm

>Your hair looks gorgeous in these pictures and I love that skirt.