>The Final Days of Summer

9-1-10(1) copy
9-1-10(3) copy
9-1-10(2) copy 9-1-10(4) copy
Vintage silk blouse & clutch
LOFT denim pencil skirt
Cashmere cardi (Victoria’s Secret)
Jessica Simpson Landen pumps

This weekend marks the official end of summer. I’m really not sure how I feel about this… partly because my head is spinning from how fast the last few months flew by and I’m having trouble concentrating.

One one hand, I can’t believe that summer is over and I didn’t take one trip to the beach or spend a single day on a boat in one of the dozens of lakes that surround me; I’ve been so busy with family stuff and the whole working-three-jobs-and-trying-to-start-a-business thing.

On the other hand, I’m really looking forward to fall. It comes with some pretty awesome stuff: cooler weather, pumpkin lattes, Thanksgiving, and the end of bathing suit season (among other great things).

On the subject of fall and style, I usually change my hair color to darker/warmer tones around this time of year. These photos were taken at sunset, so my hair looks really red… and I kind of dig it. I’ve never gone dramatic red, but I think I may have to give it a go.

1. Alecia wrote:

>love the ladylike look you have going on- hair color is gorgeous on you- i have a skirt much like yours-very flattering

Posted 9.7.10 Reply
  2. Jeanna wrote:

>This is beautiful! So ladylike.

Posted 9.6.10 Reply
  3. Clare wrote:

>Da-yang. You pull off classy like nobody's business. I love this!

Posted 9.5.10 Reply
  4. minnja wrote:

>so stunning great!!!LOVEminnjahttp://minnja.blogspot.com/

Posted 9.5.10 Reply
  5. >Love this look Keira! Those shoes are amazing!

Posted 9.4.10 Reply
  6. mara wrote:

>love this vintage look :) you look beautiful dear! http://amaturecouture.com/

Posted 9.4.10 Reply
  7. >I'm not sure if I love the skirt more than the pumps. You've got a great innate style in you!xoxo,http://twentyyork.blogspot.com/

Posted 9.4.10 Reply
  8. >such a pretty look! love your style :)

Posted 9.4.10 Reply
  9. >I think you would look lovely as a redhead.p.s. that clutch is AMAZING!!!www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

Posted 9.4.10 Reply
  10. kerry wrote:

>wow! you look stunning in this outfit, just beautiful. love the skirt and blouse together. you have fantastic style and i adore your blog, definitely a new follower for you :)http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

Posted 9.3.10 Reply
  11. >Thank you for your comment! I think I had a mini breakdown when I realized summer is coming to an end. Love the clutch!http://www.frillsandruffles.com

12. Ashley J wrote:

>I have a feeling both you and I are in love with Ann Taylor Loft!!! We have at least something on from there in every outfit post! Have a fabulous holiday weekend and don't forget to enter in the Closet Clean-Out Giveaway, a new item every day this week!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

13. Monica wrote:

>You look so pretty! Has anyone ever told you you look like you could be Ashley Judd's sister (not Winona, but another sister!)? The red hair looks great on those Judd women — I bet you could pull it off no problem. Gorgeous classy outfit. Love the colors together.

14. Laura wrote:

>Love the outfit AND those shoes!!! I'm going to miss summer too…Feel free to come visit my blog at:aglamorousdemeanor.blogspot.com

Posted 9.3.10 Reply
  15. >that is just the prettiest little clutch. I love your haircut too.

16. swee2th wrote:

>WOW ~~ You look stunning! Brynne (still on vacation and looking forward to having your necklace waiting in the mail to make the return not so bitter).

Posted 9.3.10 Reply
  17. >sighs!i enjoy swooning over your lovely pictures!they are all kinds of fancy!thanks for sharing them with the world!<3

18. Melanie wrote:

>I agree, pumpkin lattes are one of the nest things about fall!Your hair looks good this color, but I used to go back and forth from reddish to brown with the seasons too, and that somehow made the changing of seasons a little more definite.

19. MONKEYFACE wrote:

>Keira, I am blown away by today's outfit – it's so sophisticated and chic! Very jealous of that vintage clutch find :)

Posted 9.3.10 Reply
  20. >Love how you look today!! I agree, the hair color is really working for you:)Ive gone "red penny" before….loved it…I bet youd look HOT…..give it a go:)Im happy to see the official end of Summer….we now get to move into all the fabulous Fall fashions!! Woo hoo!!

Posted 9.3.10 Reply
  21. >Very pretty outfit — understated chic. LOVE that clutch. :)

22. Melissa wrote:

>Your hair looks gorgeous in these pictures and I love that skirt.