>Check Her Out: 6 petals

>Check Her Out: 6 petals

09/16/2010 13 Comments

9-15-10(1)
9-15-10(2)
9-15-10(3)
9-15-10(4)
Sheer blouse over Hanes boys tank
Thrifted scarf
DKNY jeans
Jessica Simpson croc pumps

I’m kind of obsessed with young, talented, entrepreneurial girls that put it all on the line to start up a business and do something they really love. Maybe because I’m doing that myself, and I like to soak up their energy and inspiration. (Or commiserate in the fearful-free-fall-of-going-out-on-your-own?) I’d like to start highlighting some of these power girls in a new series of posts called Check Her Out.

I’ll start by saying that I’m digging the fact that I can wear jeans and whatever I feel like (within reason and good judgement, of course) to my business meetings — a perk of being your own boss and writing the dress code. Today I had lunch with the lovely Christina of 6 petals to talk about some exciting opportunities for the two of us! Christina is a seriously talented lady (and local friend) with an awesome eye for style, accessories, and home decor. {If you like Anthropologie and vintage treasures, you’re gonna love 6 petals.} She’s working on launching her website to sell her collection of handmade jewelry, antiques, and refurbished furniture. Head over and visit, and keep an eye open for the launch of her upcoming site!

Check Christina out (and follow her blog!) here: http://6petals.blogspot.com

• Jessica 11/18/2010 at 3:11 pm

>Love that scarf! I am a huge animal print girl. Where do you find your best "thrifted" items?

• Colleen 09/27/2010 at 3:44 am

>In that top picture you look like someone on some TV show. And for the past few days I keep randomly trying to think of which one or who and I can't. Has anyone told you that you look like someone famous? http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/09/color-rotation-challenge.html

• shealennon 09/17/2010 at 12:44 am

>I did check her out–I can't wait til her shop opens. Such pretty stuff! I love this simple chic look by the way, and those shoes… There aren't even words.

• Kristin 09/16/2010 at 7:53 pm

>so exciting for you! Love this clean, sweet look on you :o)

• Ashley J 09/16/2010 at 1:58 pm

>Oh, I can't wait until the website launches for 6 Petals, love the sneek peak!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• elizabethashleyphoto 09/16/2010 at 12:50 pm

>Love the scarf and how your outfit is so simple and classic, but with beautiful pops of color!

• Collette Osuna 09/16/2010 at 10:30 am

>Love your scarf Keira!! Really cute….and the shoes are toooo adorable…youll really wear those in fall:)Thanks for adding me to your twitter bloggers list:)Have a fabulous day!Statements in Fashion Blog

• FASHION BUTTER 09/16/2010 at 8:08 am

>So cute, Keira!

• Kate 09/16/2010 at 1:39 am

>What a great idea! I can't wait to see more features in the future!

• Melissa 09/16/2010 at 1:13 am

>LOVE those shoes! Love them. I really like the scarf too! I have to find ways of wearing scarves. I keep seeing posts but then I can never watch the tutorials at the time and end up forgetting about them and I'm stuck at square one again. You look awesome, as usual! I'm going to check out that blog now. And hey, you live in Florida too? I've been really curious about how many style bloggers are in Florida. I'm in Orlando, are you close to there?

• Sarah 09/16/2010 at 12:46 am

>Oh my gosh that is soo cool! I love how you wore the scarf. Did you just do a plain tie in the back or did you have to tie it a certain way?http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

• Kayla 09/16/2010 at 12:23 am

>Love the check her out segments. (your outfit is great too. perfection in a scarf) I work for myself as a freelance journalist so I too get tons of inspiration from other ladies putting themselves out there. Can't wait to see who else you bring us. Ramblings of a Small Town Girl