>Scout’s Honor

09/22/2010 13 Comments

>Scout’s Honor

09/22/2010 13 Comments

9-22-10(1)
9-22-10(2)
9-22-10(3)
Izod button-up (via Beall’s Outlet)
Thrifted skirt ($2.75)
Style&Co sandals
Gianni Bini Bag

Disclaimer: I was never a girl scout, so I don’t think my “scout’s honor” counts for much. For some reason this skirt reminds me of their uniform. Am I way off base? {Probably}

It’s a busy day, and I’m working at the flower shop (if you’re new around here, my family owns a successful community florist and gift shop and I manage the marketing and PR) so I wanted to be comfortable but not wear jeans for the third day in a row. This skirt-and-flats combo seemed to fit the bill. And since it’s such a busy day, I have to keep this short and sweet. Have a great hump day, friends!

• Melissa 09/23/2010 at 4:41 am

>Aw such an adorable look! I love that watch!And I work with family as well.. such a lovely/pain in the butt experience it is ;) xoMelissa

• Jeanna 09/23/2010 at 2:56 am

>That skirt is such a great find! I can't believe you got it for $2.75. While I get the Girl Scout vibe, I think this skirt would also look amazing dressed up!

• Kate 09/23/2010 at 1:21 am

>That skirt is a great find and I love that watch! You are definitely channeling the traditional Girl Scout look. When I was a scout in the 90s they decided to make the uniforms "cool" We're talking green flower print leggings with oversized side-tied Girl Scout logo t-shirts. There were denim floppy hats involved. It was very chic!

• MONKEYFACE 09/23/2010 at 12:25 am

>I'm an expert on the samoa cookies, but that's about it, so you've fooled me ;) The bracelet is incredible!

• Miss. Studios 09/22/2010 at 8:53 pm

>Color matching is exceptional! I'd like to wear like that. Khakis has been always a difficult color to me. You did such a great job!

• Sadie's Momma 09/22/2010 at 8:31 pm

>You look incredible, as usual. I wish I could look as chic as you every day! You make jeans look like a million bucks! My scout uniform was MUCH, much brighter than your skirt. I mean, it was kelly green to the max. But the style and detail are very similar. You just look way hotter than I did with the whole get-up… at age 11.

• Collette Osuna 09/22/2010 at 6:39 pm

>I think you look cute Keira….perfect for your day at the flower shop:)LOVE the bracelet, but I bet you knew I would say that one….looks great on you!!Have a Fabulous day!Statements in Fashion Blog

• Ashley J 09/22/2010 at 6:08 pm

>Aww, you look cute and love the Stella and Dot bracelet…that just may have to be my next purchase from there!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• whenlifehandsyouapear 09/22/2010 at 5:26 pm

>Hm, I get a military vibe from it – very cool skirt!And the bracelet is AWESOME!

• Between Laundry Days 09/22/2010 at 4:07 pm

>It is totally reminiscent of scout uniforms, only WAY cuter! I love this early-fall ensemble!!

• Melissa 09/22/2010 at 3:45 pm

>You look super cute! I love the floral print of the top and that skirt is GREAT on you. Gotta love a skirt with pockets!Hope you have a great day!

• NoGuiltFashion 09/22/2010 at 3:34 pm

>I don't know if your skirt is similar or not, but you look great. I love you bracelet. It is so simple yet pretty.www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com