>A Late-Night Quickie

09/29/2010 21 Comments

>A Late-Night Quickie

09/29/2010 21 Comments

100_3392
100_3390
100_3399
INC top (Macy’s sale, $30)
Alfani tiered skirt (Macy’s sale, $30)
Liz Claiborne necklace (Belk, $15)
Stella & Dot Vintage Link bracelet
Jessica Simpson pumps
Macy’s clutch from many years ago

Not that kind of quickie, people, my mom reads this blog!

A quickie post: C and I attended a formal banquet tonight that was a centennial anniversary celebration of our community’s chamber of commerce; an organization I’m actively involved in as a volunteer and ambassador. It was a great evening of great food, good company (we were seated at a table full of close friends, which is always a plus) and live entertainment. I was honored to receive an award for my service to the chamber — which included a gift of the traditional black blazer — and we ended the night with drive-thru chocolate milkshakes :-)

I really loved what I wore, so I asked C to snap a few pictures in the kitchen when we got home. Both the skirt and top were last-minute purchases at Macy’s this afternoon, and both were on sale! I thought I would get more mileage from these separates than a cocktail dress.

Well, this is already longer than I planned, and I have a date with some sleepytime tea and old sitcoms on TV Land. Goodnight everyone!

• Stacey 10/02/2010 at 4:06 pm

>Gorgeous outfit! Your smile is the best accessory. :)I love that you wear clothes from several different places. I couldn't make it without Macy's.

• orchidsinbuttonholes 09/30/2010 at 3:19 pm

>I adore this look – I love the print and neckline of that blouse, and I love the flash of red from your bag. Such a gorgeous, chic night-out outfit!

• Brittany D'Lynne 09/30/2010 at 2:02 am

>Great evening look. I've been thinking lately that to one of my next formal events, I want to wear two separates instead of a formal dress. You've definitely reenforced that idea for me!!

• swee2th 09/30/2010 at 1:21 am

>What a wonderful evening and congrats on the award blazer. I'm sure you'll look smashing in it. I bet you make a wonder volunteer and ambassador. Brynne

• shealennon 09/29/2010 at 6:04 pm

>Oh Keira, you look gorgeous! I hope you had a great night. I can't think of a better way to end a fabulous evening than milkshakes :)

• Amy Fashion Blog 09/29/2010 at 3:38 pm

>Congrats on the awardhttp://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Hope 09/29/2010 at 2:06 pm

>You look very cute and elegant! The structure of that top is perfect for you. :) http://www.likeunexpectedsunshine.blogspot.com

• Ashley J 09/29/2010 at 12:46 pm

>You look beautiful and love the color scheme! Congrats on receiving an award!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Katie W 09/29/2010 at 12:29 pm

>Congratulations on your award! And your ensemble is killer! I can't wait to see how you put these pieces to use.

• elizabethashleyphoto 09/29/2010 at 12:25 pm

>Sounds like such a fun night, and your outfit is beautiful!

• Fashion Butter 09/29/2010 at 10:15 am

>Love this look. That neckline is just magic on you!

• Courtnee 09/29/2010 at 5:54 am

>You look beautiful:)I love the red accent.Congratulations on your award!

• Samantha 09/29/2010 at 4:12 am

>What a fabulous outfit!! I love everything about it! Congrats on the award : )-Samanthahttp://sincerelysamantha.com

• Liz 09/29/2010 at 4:08 am

>Wow, great look I can't wait to see how you remix the pieces!

• Angeline 09/29/2010 at 4:06 am

>Love that skirt! I totally love the look of tiers, but the bandage style is usually too form-fitting for me…Your tiers are so adorable and wearable!

• Collette Osuna 09/29/2010 at 3:54 am

>Yayyyy!!! Glad you took a few pics…you look gorgeous lady!!! Love the red pop too!!Hope you had a fab time!!Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!Statements in Fashion Blog

• Kristin 09/29/2010 at 3:04 am

>classic and lovely! Fantastic touch with the red lip

• Jeanna 09/29/2010 at 3:03 am

>This is so chic! Bangs look so good on you!

• Iris 09/29/2010 at 2:50 am

>I think these are great pieces and I love black, white, and red… so classic!

• rlutz 09/29/2010 at 2:45 am

>great purchases…love the black and white with the pop of red

• Between Laundry Days 09/29/2010 at 2:23 am

>This is beautiful! You have the most lovely, happy smile. :)