>There’s No Place Like Home

>There’s No Place Like Home

10/06/2010 15 Comments

10-6-10(1)
10-6-10(2)
10-6-10(3)
10-6-10(4)
Cardigan from Dillard’s career brand (many seasons ago)
Kmart tank ($2.99 clearance)
Simply Vera Vera Wang skinnies (Kohl’s sale, $20)
Michelle D snakeskin flats (Dillard’s clearance, $11)

These ruby red snakeskin flats would be like Dorothy’s slippers, if in the story the Wicked Witch of the West put a curse on them. I bought these on clearance at Dillard’s last weekend for $11, and I should’ve known something was up since they were so cheap and there were so many pairs left… These are the ruby red snakeskin flats from hell.

{Notice that my jeans are tucked into them at the heel to help ease the blister-inducing discomfort}

So why, you ask, am I still wearing them? Because like most ladies, I’ve come to accept the fact that sometimes cuteness comes with pain; and I’m holding out hope that I can “break them in” since I lost the receipt and can’t return them. To make matters worse, I also bought a nude pair.

P.S. A lot of you asked about the color of the dress in yesterday’s post:

10-5-10(3) copy

P.P.S. I still haven’t gotten that pumpkin latte :(

P.P.P.S. Don’t forget to enter this week’s Closet Clean-Out Giveaway. There are three ways to enter, so stack the deck and do all three!

• Samantha 10/10/2010 at 7:29 pm

>I love this outfit! The printed cardigan and pop of color from the flats is lovely!-Samanthahttp://sincerelysamantha.com

• Kelly 10/07/2010 at 9:24 pm

>That sucks about the shoes! I was just about to say how cute they were too.Blister Block really helps me. It's by the band-aids and it looks like a tiny deodorant stick. It can't overcome every shoe, though.

• Lulu 10/07/2010 at 11:30 am

>You're right, why do we put up with painful shoes. I'm just getting over a blister I got from a pair of flats last week. I had a pumpkin latte myself yesterday. It was delicious!

• healy 10/07/2010 at 6:33 am

>love the outfit especially the flats. . so cute!

• Chaucee 10/07/2010 at 2:37 am

>Cute sweater! I love the stripes.

• sartoriography 10/07/2010 at 2:23 am

>That evil ol', mean ol' wicked ol' witch ought to get a kick in the…well, you know, because those shoes are awesome! Sucks that they're uncomfortable. You look great in this outfit, pain or not. I love the red w the animal print.

• joelle van dyne 10/07/2010 at 1:51 am

>wow i love the print on your cardigan! and the red shoes are the perfect pop of color. ~joelle

• Sarah 10/06/2010 at 10:19 pm

>I'm loving the fact that you chose red shoes to give the outfit a little color pop! Love.it.http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

• Stylepint 10/06/2010 at 7:53 pm

>Great outfit. I always have trouble breaking in my flats too and I've learned to use heel liners instead. Works wonders and you don't get blisters!

• KT 10/06/2010 at 7:39 pm

>I like how simple and chic this outfit is. The lines are the sweater are very complimentary. – Katy

• rlutz 10/06/2010 at 7:21 pm

>so love that cardigan!!I was going to say that the red shoes are so fun with this outfit…but curse them!!

• Natalie 10/06/2010 at 4:23 pm

>I have a pair of flats that always gives me blisters too, but I keep wearin' 'um! Have you tried band-aid blister block? It's like a liquid band-aid thing that comes in a tube. It works wonders!Pocket of Presh

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/06/2010 at 3:44 pm

>I love your Cardigan. I hate breaking new shoe in.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Iris 10/06/2010 at 3:25 pm

>I'm sorry those shoes don't work, they are a perfect red flat! I also LOVE your cardigan. I hope you can find a way to make them work :)

• Between Laundry Days 10/06/2010 at 3:03 pm

>Dang! Sorry those shoes are such blister machines! I've found that well-placed moleskin or slipper socks can really help uncomfortable flats. They ARE cute.I love this outfit overall, too! The cardigan goes perfectly with the rest of the outfit.