>Central Perk

>Central Perk

10/07/2010 16 Comments

10-8-10(1)
10-8-10(2)
10-8-10(3)
10-8-10(4)
Tunic and belt ($40, m.marie)
Simply Vera Vera Wang skinnies
Gianni BIni sandals ($20, Dillard’s Clearance)
Liz Claiborne leather tote
Stella & Dot jewelry

Two posts in one day! Since the post from this morning was really from last night, here’s what I’m wearing today
C and I had a meeting at a downtown coffee shop this morning, and took a walk in the park to snap a few outfit shots. One thing you should probably know about me: I love my community. I grew up here, and while we’re not a booming metropolis, we’re not exactly a rural dot on a map, either. We fall into that great sweet spot in the middle… everyone knows your name, but we have several large multinational companies that call our town home. This fountain is in Central Park downtown, and I’m bummed that it wasn’t on this morning because the water is pink through the month of October in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
A few notes about today’s post:
1. I’m wearing these Vera Wang skinnies like they’re going out of style. We’re in the process of transitioning into co-ownership of the family flower shop with my in-laws (SO excited!) which means I need to transition my wardrobe as well. I’ve worked in really corporate jobs for the last 4 years, and my suits, sheath dresses, and stilettos are not conducive to running a flower shop! I find myself reaching for these babies every. single. morning.
2. Thank goodness for props! I am working that coffee cup, right? How’d I do, Bev?
3. See the bumped pony?! Another daily fixture of my style lately. Either I’m really working on a signature here, or I’m falling into a rut…
4. The title of this post is an homage to my favorite show of all time. If you don’t know what it is, I don’t know if we can be friends ;-)

• Maryland 07/22/2011 at 10:24 am

Knocked my socks off with knoewlgde!

• ciupa 10/14/2010 at 8:25 am

>adorable outfit and post. you ARE rocking that coffee cup.

• Pamela 10/08/2010 at 8:11 pm

>I've wanted to own a flower shop since I was a little girl (that, and to be a librarian … simultaneously). I don't know if I should congratulate you (congrats!) or seethe in raging jealousy (you can't see, but I'm definitely seething right now). Love the tunic. Love all things breezy and floaty like that. http://greatwhitetee.blogspot.com/

• Hope 10/08/2010 at 7:20 pm

>Definitely think I need a prop for my next outfit post! :) You rocked it!I love the tunic that you have on! It's so pretty and feminine, and with the belt, it's perfect. :) Have a great weekend! likeunexpectedsunshine.blogspot.com

• Becky 10/08/2010 at 5:38 pm

>Love the outfit and your new header!

• Samantha 10/08/2010 at 4:39 am

>I adore this blouse!! You look so lovely : ) Congrats on the flower shop..what an exciting endeavor! -Samanthahttp://sincerelysamantha.com

• Collette Osuna 10/08/2010 at 4:11 am

>LOVE the belted blouse!Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥Statements in Fashion Blog

• style underdog 10/08/2010 at 12:21 am

>HA! First, I saw the title….yah, Friends.Next, I saw the outfit….yah, tres chic!Last, I saw the coffee and kept looking for your fake name. Way to rock the coffee cup! You're like a pro.

• Anonymous 10/07/2010 at 9:32 pm

>I love that tunic – wish you could order online, I could use that for the beautiful fall weather we are having in Minnesota :)

• Sara 10/07/2010 at 8:46 pm

>That blouse is amazing! I love the color and the shape of it. Perfect with the belt and dark skinnies, too!

• caffeinerd 10/07/2010 at 8:07 pm

>Love this tunic with the skinnies! Such a great silhouette.And I love Friends…own all the DVDs. :)

• Sara 10/07/2010 at 7:43 pm

>I am so loving that tunic…very chic!And Friends is amazing. I can't even pick a favorite character! That's when you know its a good show :)

• Kim Humes 10/07/2010 at 7:13 pm

>Ah Friends is MY fav show of all time! I can literally quote like every episode. I'm such a loser lol. What's your fav episode?! SO hard to pick right? Though there is a couple of Thanksgiving ones that are hilarious and are on my mind bc of the time of year – the one where they play football and the one where they flash back to their worst Thanksgiving….ah I'll stop now bc could this comment BE any longer?!

• Chaucee 10/07/2010 at 6:27 pm

>Haha coffee cups are as much a part of an outfit as anything. It's necessary to get dressed in the morning! :DPs – That blouse looks SO incredibly comfy.

• Ashley J 10/07/2010 at 5:48 pm

>Congrats on co-ownership of the flower shop, that is awesome news and something to be proud of and celebrate!!!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Sarah 10/07/2010 at 5:13 pm

>I love this tunic! It's so flowy, just perfect!http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com