>Black and Blue

>Black and Blue

10/09/2010 13 Comments

10-9-10(1)
10-9-10(2)
10-9-10(3)
10-9-10(4)
INC silk romper (Macy’s sale, $25)
LOFT cardigan
Michelle D nude flats (Dillard’s clearance and fraternal twins of these devils)
Nine West sunnies via Beall’s Outlet
Liz Claiborne leather tote

C snapped my outfit photos this afternoon before I headed out for a day of crossing items off the ol’ to-do list. I realized something as I looked through them. Every picture in which I’m carrying my bag on my shoulder, I’m leaning like the Tower of Pisa! You know your handbag is too large and/or heavy if you have to lean ….t….h….i….s…. much to keep your balance and avoid falling over!

Everyone I know has told me for years that my handbags are bigger than me, and that I’m not doing my back any favors by carrying the handbag-equivalent-of-a-weekender-bag on my shoulder every day. After today, I think I may need to downsize…
Before I do, I’ll be sure to do an “In the Bag” post so you can see the ridiculousness of everything I carry with me on a daily basis. It’s like an episode of Hoarders in there.

• Heidi 11/19/2010 at 10:50 pm

>::sigh:: Ohhh, I looooove your simple, chic style. I want to have your closet. So glad Kendi featured you!

• Ms. Givens 10/12/2010 at 4:15 pm

>Adorable! I like the way you think!

• healy 10/12/2010 at 8:11 am

>love this look so refreshing. Flats won't let you down!=)

• Hope 10/11/2010 at 7:24 pm

>Oops! Sorry for the repeat comment. You look super cute in a romper, and I'm kind of jealous that I can't find one to pull off. Although I'm 5'11", so it would be hard for me to find one that is an acceptable length (for me, at least) You look super cute and comfy! likeunexpectedsunshine.blogspot.com

• orchidsinbuttonholes 10/11/2010 at 6:03 pm

>The detailing on that romper is amazing! I love the draped front on it and the wide collar. Totally chic!

• Mimi 10/11/2010 at 4:48 pm

>Really cute look. The romper looks great on you…not everyone can pull off a romper with flats, but mixed in with the cardigan and hair up…it works. I love it;)

• Between Laundry Days 10/11/2010 at 4:26 pm

>So cute! I love the black romper!

• Pamela 10/10/2010 at 6:02 pm

>You look darling. I love rompers (wearing one right now actually!). Hope you're having a great weekend. Call Me Ishmael

• Stylelover 10/10/2010 at 4:10 pm

>You look amazing! Blue really suits you!Great blog!xoxoVicky

• Collette Osuna 10/10/2010 at 12:26 pm

>You look so cute in black and blue….LOVE the color of the cardi…..I did the purse downsize not that long ago too….I was amazed by all the stuff I carried, that I never even needed, lol. Good luck!!

• Jeanna 10/10/2010 at 2:25 am

>I also carry my whole life around with me in my bag, and I was just thinking that this one is perfect! Did you get it recently? I need a structured tote…Also, I hope the nude flats aren't as uncomfortable as the red ones!

• What Would a Nerd Wear 10/10/2010 at 1:39 am

>i love this look! those nude flats are perfect (and totally unexpected) and make your legs look super long. my bag is just as bad…always full-to-the-brim!

• elizabethashleyphoto 10/09/2010 at 10:54 pm

>I adore the romper with cardigan look…so cute and perfect for weekend errands! The flats look great too…did they work better for you than the red ones?Also, request – if you are planning on doing a handbag cleanout, I'd be really interested to know your thought process with some of the items you have typically "needed" and decided didn't make the cut. I always struggle and make up excuses, thus making no progress! :)