>Couples Costumery

10/20/2010 18 Comments

>Couples Costumery

10/20/2010 18 Comments

BP Costumes

Last Saturday, C and I were invited to a Halloween fundraising party for a local nonprofit. We only had a couple of days to come up with costumes, and we didn’t want to spend much. I scoured the ‘net for witty homemade ideas, but my search was pretty fruitless. I started thinking about the big things that happened through the year in news, politics, and pop culture, and then tried to narrow it down to something PG and neutral since this was more of a “work” party than “friend” party. Sexy bar maid/bumblebee/Sesame Street character was not an option.
BP clean-up crew?! Done and done. Our costumes came in at about $15 each, and {pats self on back} got a ton of compliments at the party.

If you’re looking for a couples costume for Halloween this year, here’s what you’ll need to recreate this super easy one:
1. Coveralls or a rain suit from your local hardware store. I found a 2 piece rain suit (jacket and pants) for $7!
2. Dark brown or black acrylic paint to splatter all over the suit
3. Iron-on transfer sheets and a plain t-shirt. You can search “BP parody logos” and find tons of images, or just use BP’s legit logo. I added “We’re working hard so Tony can get his life back” under the logo, and then printed the transfer from my home printer and followed the iron-on instructions.
4. A few props, like small bottles of Dawn, sponges and buckets, a stuffed bird covered in acrylic paint, etc.
5. Cream eyeliner in dark brown or black to smudge on your face
6. Boots or wellies
That’s it! You can find a lot of the things for these costumes lying around the house. All I had to buy were the rain suits, paint, and transfer sheets.
What are you wearing for Halloween?

• Samantha 10/30/2010 at 11:22 pm

>HAHA what a fabulous idea! You guys look too cute : )-Samanthahttp://sincerelysamantha.com

• Amber Lena 10/23/2010 at 3:38 am

>Hilarious costume idea! Is that your hubster? He is adorable!!! (you're both adorable actually)

• Angel Court Jewels... 10/23/2010 at 3:13 am

>so cute!!!

• Elle Sees 10/22/2010 at 2:07 am

>great idea!

• Between Laundry Days 10/22/2010 at 1:26 am

>This is such an awesome costume idea!!

• shealennon 10/22/2010 at 1:14 am

>What a cute, creative costume idea! I love seeing the unique costumes people come up with!

• Natalie 10/21/2010 at 4:00 pm

>Hilarious! I love it!

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/21/2010 at 3:42 pm

>Great costume. Very creative too.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Hope 10/21/2010 at 2:42 pm

>Haha! That's a really great idea! I don't think I would have thought of that. Now, last year I was Rosie the Riveter for Halloween, but I have NO idea what I'm going to do this year. I guess it all depends on if I get invited to a party! :)

• KT 10/21/2010 at 2:18 pm

>LOL How creative and simple. I think those are the best costumes. – Katy

• Collette Osuna 10/21/2010 at 10:48 am

>Hahaha…love this idea….you both look great!!!Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

• Fashion Butter 10/21/2010 at 9:26 am

>Ha! Loving this costume. Very clever.

• daisymay aka Chantele 10/21/2010 at 4:50 am

>Great costume, very funny! I have seen a few versions of this, this year. I have no idea what I will be wearing for halloween yet. I just did Minnie Mouse last year as I was working in a bar.Daisy Dayz HomeCross-Jones-Photography Home

• Andie 10/21/2010 at 12:54 am

>as someone who lives in the New Orleans metro area, I love this idea! If we were going to a party we usually attend, I'd totally dress up this way- but we're going to a wedding instead!

• Brookelyn 10/21/2010 at 12:47 am

>This is hysterical! Way to be creative!

• Ashley J 10/21/2010 at 12:43 am

>Great costume idea!! Very creative…http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Sara C 10/21/2010 at 12:15 am

>That's such an awesome idea! Love it!I really want to find a way to make a (fake) Lady Gaga meat dress…I either wanted to find a white dress and paint it to look like meat or iron-on transfer pictures of meat. I still haven't decided which would be less work/$ haha.

• Felicity 10/21/2010 at 12:15 am

>I love this costume! I've never actually dressed up for Halloween as an adult (I know, I'm lame!) but I'd absolutely steal this costume if I had somewhere to wear it! It's genius!