>A T-shirt and Jeans

10/25/2010 18 Comments

>A T-shirt and Jeans

10/25/2010 18 Comments

10-25-10
10-25-10(2)
Route 66 tee (Kmart clearance, $2.99)
Bleu Denim jeggings
Target boots (2009)
Gianni Bini bag (2009)

On Mondays, I’m all about simplicity. When I was getting dressed this morning, I honestly had no idea what I wanted to wear… But I knew it had to be something quick, easy, and no-ironing-required.
My life is in a major transition right now, as is my wardrobe.
C and I are now the proud co-owners of the family florist business, and after years wearing corporate 9 to 5 attire, I’m kind of struggling with figuring out how to dress for my new role. I want to be casual and comfortable, but still look like a business owner. Clothes also have to be more dispensable now, because I’m learning that florists can get dirty! Cute aprons are quickly becoming my favorite accessory.
I’m putting away the stilettos and pulling out more ballet flats and sandals, trading the Express Editors and pencil skirts for jeans and leggings, and reaching over the sheath dresses for the easy breezy frocks in the back of my closet. I’m trying to figure out some tricks for being casual and practical (two words I’d never use to describe my style) while still feeling like myself. And without a major wardrobe overhaul.
The good news for you is that a lot of the things from the “work” side of my closet are now available for purchase on the Shop My Closet page! There’s still a lot of things I need to add, but it’s like selling your children, and I have to emotionally prepare myself to part with all of my favorite pieces.
Looking forward to what’s ahead — for my life and my style ;-)

• landel 10/28/2010 at 2:37 am

>Jeans and tee, I remember I need to buy more jeans because I am working as in badly needed. LOve the bangs, super cute like Asian women. Minimalistic style rules and matched with boots, nice idea.

• Lise Marie 10/26/2010 at 3:43 pm

>This outfit is so wonderful! I need it. I really need the boots! I also love the "shop my closet" feature. http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-west-was-worn.html

• Cathy W. 10/26/2010 at 12:08 pm

>Keira – I love this outfit and I am totally going to steal the look! You look like a florist I would want to use – young and hip!www.fashionablysouthern.blogspot.com

• ciupa 10/26/2010 at 7:58 am

>so exciting! and nothing like overhauling your life to overhaul your closet. can't wait to see more outfits from your new work life.

• Fashion Butter 10/26/2010 at 7:03 am

>Congrats! And this outfit is pretty much perfect!

• Linda W 10/26/2010 at 4:28 am

>Congrats. You look like you are making the fashion transition very nicely. I love the jeggings with the boots.The Auspicious Life

• rlutz 10/26/2010 at 1:24 am

>congrats on the new business…your first foray into casual business owner… looks great…love that fun t-shirt and those great jeggings…I agree, elastic waist and makes legs look skinny…score!

• Collette Osuna 10/26/2010 at 1:09 am

>Awwwww congrats to you Keira….much success to you both!!Im loving stripes right now…yours are cute and stylish:)You look great!!Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

• Marie a la Mode 10/26/2010 at 12:11 am

>I love this outfit! Great boots : )A flower shop? That sounds so fun!

• KT 10/25/2010 at 11:52 pm

>I am loving this purse! And good luck with the shop my closet endeavor. Can't wait to see how it works. – Katy

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/25/2010 at 11:19 pm

>Congratulations and good luck!http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Brookelyn 10/25/2010 at 10:18 pm

>I absolutely adore your header! It's awesome.

• Liz 10/25/2010 at 9:53 pm

>Oh this is such a chic step up from your basic t and jeans! Love it!

• NoGuiltFashion 10/25/2010 at 9:38 pm

>You make the cutest florist ever. Congratulations and good luck!No Guilt Fashion

• elizabethashleyphoto 10/25/2010 at 8:56 pm

>What color lip gloss/stick are you wearing? So pretty!

• Fashion Momma 10/25/2010 at 7:40 pm

>I want to be a florist! Wanna hire me? I'll move! I have a small (two wedding) portfolio!I hope you know I'm joking. Not about the portfolio part, but I kid.. I kid.Really, I want to be a florist, though.Your florist shop owner outfit is very perfect. :)

• elizabethashleyphoto 10/25/2010 at 7:11 pm

>Congrats on your new endeavor! What a fun new experience!I absolutely love this look, and I actually really look forward to seeing some more casual outfits because that is where I struggle the most. I wish my casual attire had more style…working on it!I know what you mean about letting go of your clothes. It's the hardest thing in the world for me. I took out like 10 tops last week that I hadn't work in forever and didn't even like much anymore, but because they were practically brand new and still really nice pieces, I was so sad to let them go.

• Kayla 10/25/2010 at 7:01 pm

>Congrats on opening you "shop my closet" page. I have thought about doing the same thing. I hope it goes well for you! Ramblings of a Small Town Girl