>I could get used to this.

10/27/2010 19 Comments

>I could get used to this.

10/27/2010 19 Comments

10-27-10(4)
10-27-10(3)
10-27-10(1)
10-27-10(2)
Target tee
Divine Rights of Denim skinnies (m.marie)
Vintage silk scarf (thrifted)
Gianni Bini leather sandals

You guys, today was pretty great.

It all started early this morning, when I was drying my hair after showering and — for the first time in months — it fell into place exactly how I’ve been begging and flat ironing and round brushing it to. Maybe it was just really good luck, or maybe it was my Pureology shampoo that I pulled out of retirement and lathered up with this morning. I don’t want to speak too soon, but maybe I’m out of the awkward grow-out woods?

Also, “tee-shirt and jeans week” made getting dressed a whole lot easier. I think I do better with limited options (especially early in the morning when my decision-making skills are at a minimum) and it has me thinking about a fall bootcamp

Things just got better from there. I’m really loving my new role as a burgeoning florist. Sidenote: I watched License to Wed last weekend and was so excited to see Mandy Moore playing a power-girl flower shop owner in the movie {love her}

It’s so different from the corporate world I came from. While I’m working harder than ever (physically) and business ownership comes with its own set of stresses and challenges, I just feel so liberated. There’s no politics or competition, no pressing deadlines or board meetings… Just me and my mom-in-law, a pretty awesome staff that often feels more like family than co-workers, gorgeous flowers, top-notch clients, and endless opportunities for expanding our business. This is pretty exciting stuff, and for the first time in a really long time, I feel like I’m right where I’m supposed to be.

Life is good, and I’m so grateful.

I’m also thankful for all of you that read and support A.P.P. I can’t believe I’m nearing 200 followers, because when I started this blog, I really thought C and my mom would be the only ones to read it! I’m so amazed by all of the comments and feedback I receive from you guys about the way this little blog has inspired you. You all inspire me, too!

Now before I get any sappier and just break down in happy tears and drown my Macbook, I’m signing off to go for a walk with C and Doak :-)

• Between Laundry Days 10/31/2010 at 4:46 pm

>I'm so glad life is good right now. You look super happy, and beautiful, in these pictures. The mustard shirt is fantastic!

• Jeanna 10/29/2010 at 1:51 am

>You are so cute. I'm glad things are going so well for you! :)

• shealennon 10/28/2010 at 6:12 pm

>I love t-shirt and jeans week! I don't know if it's that beautiful color combination, those killer shoes, or your awesome-hair-day hair but you look absolutely radiant!

• Lise Marie 10/28/2010 at 5:53 pm

>I love your hair today and the sandals are great!http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/10/laughter-is-best-medicine.html

• Katie W 10/28/2010 at 4:39 pm

>I love how easy jeans and a t-shirt are! But you manage to dress it up so nicely and I'm sure your customers appreciate it! It must be lovely to spend your days with flowers, I envy you. But I love your blog SO much and your hair is definitely working today :)

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/28/2010 at 4:01 pm

>Love your shirt. I have the same on in Pink. You also look great.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Jamie 10/28/2010 at 1:32 pm

>congrats keira :) you're doing such a great job!

• Natalie 10/28/2010 at 1:31 pm

>So happy for you! Maybe you could do a few blog posts on some of your flower arrangements!? I would love to see! :)

• Grace, Money Smart Fashion 10/28/2010 at 10:30 am

>I love this t-shirt and jeans week you are doing and your hair looks great! congrats on the working arrangements, it's always amazing to do what you love.

• ciupa 10/28/2010 at 7:57 am

>what's not to love from jeans & t-shirt?!I LOVE your bracelet by the way.

• NoGuiltFashion 10/28/2010 at 4:05 am

>I've said it before, but I'm so happy for you that you have found something that makes you happy. Those shoes are fantastic. I love them paired with the cuffed jeans.No Guilt Fashion

• Two For Tea 10/28/2010 at 3:29 am

>Very happy to hear that your day was so swell :) I think your hair looks FAB-ulous…don't those good hair days just rock your world? Hope tomorrow is just as delightful :)<3 Cambriahttp://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

• Collette Osuna 10/28/2010 at 2:38 am

>Your hair looks great…..love the tshirt look and jeans…good for you for doing what you love:)Stop by and say Hello ♥Statements in Fashion Blog

• rlutz 10/28/2010 at 2:36 am

>so glad you are enjoying your new passion…love how you work the tshirt and jeans…that tshirt is a great color and I love that scarf

• landel 10/28/2010 at 2:28 am

>Pumpkin color tee looks so simple but very cute. The jeans is perfectly matches the upper and it works for you. Great job! just trust your capabilities and be confident on your new journey=)Good luck

• basiccravings 10/28/2010 at 1:29 am

>Congrats on the new job! Wonderful news!

• Sara C 10/28/2010 at 1:16 am

>Major thumbs up. So glad everything is going well for you!

• swee2th 10/27/2010 at 11:17 pm

>You're such a cutie pie.Brynne

• Courtnee 10/27/2010 at 10:43 pm

>I love the tshirt and jeans week challenge. I love those shoes!I can't believe your a florist!It's kind of one of my dream jobs. I would love to email and bounce some ideas off of you about a the business side of it.Courtnee