>A Black Tie Affair

11-4-10(1)
11-4-10(2)
11-4-10(3)
11-4-10(5)
Today, I had a Cinderella moment. It was a busy day at the flower shop, and just as C went out to pick up lunch for the staff I got a call from a friend who had extra tickets to the local hospital foundation’s gala fundraiser tonight and asked if we’d like to join her. I asked what time it started, and she said, “the doors open at 5:30.” The hospital gala is a premier black-tie event in my community, and I was so excited to have the opportunity to go!
Then the panic set in: I have nothing to wear.  {Nor do I have a bevy of friendly forest creatures to sew me a ball gown at a moment’s notice… }
Not to fear — I’ve handled similar fashion crises before. I jumped in the car and drove the few blocks to the nearest Macy’s, and found this great dress on sale for 40% off. It was love at first sight. I scooped it up, slipped it over my jeans in the fitting room, dashed to the check-out, and was out of the store in 15 minutes flat.
This dress is unlike like anything I have in my closet. I love the texture, the ruffled neckline and sash at the waist, the length, and especially the color. I always reach for black for these types of events, and it felt good to mix it up.
Wearing: Evan Picone dress, Nina satin peep-toes, Stella & Dot bracelet and earrings, F21 ring, Express bronze clutch (not pictured)

1. Lauren wrote:

>You looked so beautiful! I just love the color on you!

Posted 11.8.10 Reply
  2. archives wrote:

>oh my GOSH! that dress is phenomenal!

Posted 11.8.10 Reply
  3. Elizabeth wrote:

>You look stunning! This post reminded me of a time I had about 20 minutes to pick out an evening gown & loved the first one I tried on. Love it when that happens!

Posted 11.7.10 Reply
  4. Kinsey wrote:

>I really like that dress. I just found your blog thru dash dot dotty and I think you're really beautiful. Very nice!-Kinsey

Posted 11.7.10 Reply
  5. shealennon wrote:

>Oh, you look gorgeous! What an awesome find! I hope you had fun!

Posted 11.7.10 Reply
  6. Iris wrote:

>I can't type… I love what you came up with, I had the same thing happen to me this week as well but, the event wasn't strictly black tie… thank goodness!

Posted 11.6.10 Reply
  7. >I LOVE it!!! And I LOVE your blog!!!!

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  8. Katie W wrote:

>What an amazing last minute find! I love the color and detailing. It is truly stunning on you!

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  9. Ashley J wrote:

>That's a great outfit for such short notice, love the color of the dress!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  10. >Very Cute. I don't think I have even find something so quick.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  11. Stylepint wrote:

>Wow! That dress looks amazing on you! =) And it's awesome that it was on sale!

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  12. ciupa wrote:

>pretty! well done. good thing it didn't happen during Kendi's 30 for 30 coming up next week!

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  13. Angeline wrote:

>What a beautiful dress! Don't you love when you find the perfect dress in a great price at the right time? You look amazing.

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  14. Jeanna wrote:

>Keira.I seriously almost bought this dress today (but in midnight blue).Seriously.PS You look lovely in it!

Posted 11.5.10 Reply
  15. Keely wrote:

>Gorgeous! I too love the color. What fantastic alternative to black.

Posted 11.5.10 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑