>1/30: The Kick-Off

11/08/2010 39 Comments

>1/30: The Kick-Off

11/08/2010 39 Comments

11-8-10(1)11-8-10(2)
11-8-10(3)
11-8-10(4)
Hey remixers! I’m so excited for the kick-off of this 30 for 30 challenge. I moved my new little wardrobe to its own rolling rack in our home office so I won’t be tempted by the other pieces in my closet. So far, I’m optimistic about my ability to pull off a month of unique looks… but we’ll see if I’m singing the same tune by day 15.
Since I refuse to iron on Mondays, I reached for one of the easy breezy dresses I bought on sale from American Eagle last week (a last minute splurge before the start of the shopping ban) and threw the denim jacket on top. Add tights and socks — a combo I saw and loved on Kendi — a belt at the waist, and we’re good to go!
Looking forward to catching up on everyone’s first day later! Back to work now…

Update: a few of you commented about my lipcolor. It’s Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Tease, and it’s one of my favorite glosses. The color is great, it’s not sticky, and it really lasts.

• Elizabeth Benfield 11/15/2010 at 7:09 pm

>cute outfit! i have these boots but have not taken them from the closet yet this year. next to my leather boots they just seemed silly. in 22 days, i will pull them out though and see how they look with some tights and socks. thanks for the inspiration!

• Angel Court Jewels... 11/10/2010 at 5:03 am

>I went out and bought this dress and a couple of cute skirts after seeing your post. thanks for the hint.

• Sara 11/09/2010 at 6:58 pm

>Thanks for sharing your lipstick color – It looks great on you! I can't wait to see how you throw that dusty pink(ish) skirt into the remix!sara

• Lise Marie 11/09/2010 at 6:15 pm

>What a knockout outfit!!! And the lipgloss is great also! Thankshttp://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/11/blue-but-not-sad.html

• Melanie 11/09/2010 at 3:46 pm

>This is such a great outfit, especially to kick off the 30 for 30 challenge! I love sweet floral dresses with cowboy boots topped with a denim jacket. Perfect! I realized that I forgot to include my denim jacket in my 30 so I might have to do a little swapping around!

• NoGuiltFashion 11/09/2010 at 3:29 pm

>The tights, socks, and boots combo is one I've been meaning to try. I just don't have tights for it yet. Add that to the shopping list.No Guilt Fashion

• Alessandra 11/09/2010 at 8:51 am

>nice fresh start!

• Linda W 11/09/2010 at 6:47 am

>You look wonderful, of course. I first found you through your first 30 for 30 when I was always impressed with your looks. Looking forward to seeing more of your creative, well-polished outfits again this time.The Auspicious Life

• woodycakes 11/09/2010 at 5:55 am

>i love your dress and boots! and you look really lovely :) here's to the next 30 days!

• Courtney 11/09/2010 at 4:55 am

>I absolutely love your dress! I too segmented my closet into 30 for 30 items of clothing and "everything else" to avoid temptation. Good luck on the challenge! xo Courtney

• Liz 11/09/2010 at 4:32 am

>What an easy breezy look for day one! I agree the lip color is gorgeous on you and is that a yellow stop sign I see in the background??

• KT 11/09/2010 at 3:23 am

>Great kick-off outfit. I am loving the jean jacket with the dress. They are so versatile and easy to pair with so many things. – Katy

• Christa 11/09/2010 at 2:10 am

>pink lipstick makes any day great!! love it!

• Anne 11/09/2010 at 1:20 am

>A rolling rack is a good idea! I moved everything to one dresser drawer and the hanging items to one closet section – I think it will actually be nice to have the limited places to go when I get dressed in the morning (Till I get sick of it and miss the rest oft clothes anyway…)

• The Elegant Bohemian 11/09/2010 at 1:14 am

>This is just adorable! I would so wear this myself! ~Serene

• Katie W 11/09/2010 at 12:31 am

>I love this as your kick-off! It's funny because I actually ironed this morning and I NEVER iron… I'm not ready to embrace the 30 for 30 challenge myself, but I love seeing everyone else's creativity!

• Collette Osuna 11/09/2010 at 12:30 am

>Great first outfit…I buy TONS at AE..they really have some wonderful things in that store…your dress is gorgeous:)Stop by and say Hello ♥Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway

• theputtogethergirl 11/09/2010 at 12:04 am

>I love the dress! What a great remix!

• Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry 11/08/2010 at 11:45 pm

>So cute! I love the whole look. Looking forward to seeing more!jewelscapes.blogspot.com

• rosemaryx 11/08/2010 at 11:32 pm

>definitely a fan of all the layers you've got going on there. You look so warm and toasty!the print on the dress is great and those boots are to die for!

• Desiree 11/08/2010 at 10:54 pm

>This lip color is amazing! It looks terrific on you!

• elizabethashleyphoto 11/08/2010 at 10:29 pm

>This is really cute! I'm liking the tall socks peeking out of the boots thing too, so I might have to try it this season. I'll probably get funny looks from my co-workers though… :)

• Brittany D'Lynne 11/08/2010 at 10:04 pm

>Loving this look. I love socks/boots combo and am so glad its finally getting cool enough to pull them out of the closet. Now I just need to find some new boots… :)

• tanvii.com 11/08/2010 at 9:57 pm

>You always look cute! :) Good Luck for the challenge!

• Sorcha 11/08/2010 at 9:49 pm

>I love how stylish yet comfy boots and socks are together!

• rlutz 11/08/2010 at 9:45 pm

>great start…love the dress with the belt…

• Amy Fashion Blog 11/08/2010 at 9:29 pm

>Very cute. I'm still trying to pull of the whole tights and sock thing.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Mrs. J 11/08/2010 at 9:19 pm

>I the LOVE this look, now I wish I included a pretty floral dress in my 30 items. :)Best,Mariewww.watchmedress.blogspot.com

• Between Laundry Days 11/08/2010 at 9:09 pm

>I love this! Such a great kickoff outfit. The dress is great; I'm such a fan of dark florals!

• Fashion Momma 11/08/2010 at 9:06 pm

>I have this same dress in the magenta version! And I love it so much. I have got to try the socks over tights look. You, Kendi, and Tania pull it off so perfectly! I wonder if it looks good on fuller figures, too. We shall see. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE your lipcolor, too!!!

• Liz 11/08/2010 at 9:03 pm

>Effortlessly chic – I love it! Also I'm loving this sock trend – that may be my first purchase post shopping ban. Ps, you're lip color is perfection!Here's to 29 more outfits!http://twosixandcounting.blogspot.com

• Ashley J 11/08/2010 at 8:59 pm

>You look so cute! Can't wait to see what the rest of the challenge has in store for you!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Iris 11/08/2010 at 8:53 pm

>I like the tights/socks/boots thing also… I am looking for some taller boots but, you make it look great with short ones!

• Melissa 11/08/2010 at 8:38 pm

>I'm seriously loving the tights/socks/boots look. You look fantastic! I love the jacket with the sleeves rolled up too.

• alltumbledown 11/08/2010 at 8:35 pm

>great look for number 1! I too am excited, but am sure I'll hit desperation in the early 20s…

• Cathy 11/08/2010 at 8:35 pm

>Love it!! I need help making my blog look cute! You do such a GREAT job!!! I am tech handicapped!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• The Beauty Vixen 11/08/2010 at 8:34 pm

>I feel like I need to take this challenge! You're starting off strong…you'll do great.

• Jamie 11/08/2010 at 8:33 pm

>super cute :) love the socks over the tights and the boots and accessories!! nice job keira :)xoworkyourcloset.com

• Amanda 11/08/2010 at 8:32 pm

>love the look. I'm digging the socks with tights & am adding it to my winter looks!