>3/30: Strong, Smart, and Bold

>3/30: Strong, Smart, and Bold

11/10/2010 37 Comments

11-10-11(1)
11-10-10(2)

11-10-10(3)

11-10-10(4)

Today I had lunch with a few amazing, dynamic ladies affiliated with the local chapter of Girl’s Inc. to learn more about the organization and possibly join the board. One of the first things the executive director told me about Girl’s Inc: “Our mission is about inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.” There’s a message I can get behind! They had me at hello. I can’t think of a more important time than right now to teach young girls to empower themselves through education and to understand, value, and assert their rights.
Quotes from the girls are displayed throughout the national website. One of my favorites from a very wise 6 year old…

It’s good to be a girl in this world today. I like being a girl because I can speak for myself. I can stand up for myself. Being a girl makes me strong.

Wearing: INC denim tunic, thrifted caramel skirt and belt, Stella & Dot vintage links bracelet, Jessica Simpson platform pumps

• Mama Fuss 11/20/2010 at 1:20 am

>Gorgeous! I LOVE this outfit! You look fabulous!

• Between Laundry Days 11/17/2010 at 3:17 am

>I'm a little late in commenting, but YOWZA this outfit is hot stuff. I love it!

• Elizabeth Benfield 11/15/2010 at 7:04 pm

>i heart this outfit … so classy and fun!

• Nancy 11/15/2010 at 10:19 am

>It's great that you are involved with Girl, Inc! I would love to be involved as well. Back in 6th grade, we had a group called Soroptimist, and it was really fun, but it was unfortunate they only worked with us for a year. It would have been great if it was on going. I am definitely going to look more into this.And of course, I like your very wearable style. You look terrific.

• Elisabeth 11/15/2010 at 6:16 am

>I love girls inc! And I LOVE your outfit. This looks so great on you. The colors are perfect together.

• tanvii.com 11/13/2010 at 5:27 am

>Loving the colors here! Great Mix!

• Desiree 11/12/2010 at 5:21 pm

>OH gosh! I love EVERYTHING about this! That shirt is great with the pencil skirt and those shoes are A-MAZE-ING!

• Alessandra 11/12/2010 at 9:30 am

>gorgeous shoes!

• Katie W 11/12/2010 at 12:55 am

>I think you should include beautiful to this blog title, because any girl who hopes to inspire other girls is beautiful!And I LOVE these shoes!

• Krust 11/12/2010 at 12:53 am

>Ummmmm, when this challenge is over, I am going to look for those shoes and similar skirt. I love this outfit!

• Corie 11/11/2010 at 10:40 pm

>I simply love this look! I'm still looking for a denim shirt…very hard to find.

• Katie 11/11/2010 at 9:59 pm

>I LOVE THIS! So crisp and clean!

• S. 11/11/2010 at 7:04 pm

>I love this outfit! The color combination is fantastic, and the pumps add both sophistication and fun to it. http://narrowlytailored.blogspot.com

• Amy Fashion Blog 11/11/2010 at 5:38 pm

>That a great quote for the little girl. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Iris 11/11/2010 at 3:19 pm

>That is really cool about Girl's Inc. I hope you get to lend a hand. We have something similar where I work for our at risk youth and they love it! This outfit is so classic and I love every bit of it!

• Elena 11/11/2010 at 3:04 pm

>Wow! Lovely outfit! Love how those colors work together.

• Angeline 11/11/2010 at 5:27 am

>Love this outfit! I need to get a denim shirt (later, that is). Your meeting sounds like fun!

• Jeanna 11/11/2010 at 3:56 am

>Your outfit is classic and lovely. Seems like the perfect outfit for your meeting!

• woodycakes 11/11/2010 at 3:56 am

>love the color blocking. you look fab! let's all be strong smart and bold! :D cheers!

• theputtogethergirl 11/11/2010 at 3:54 am

>What a great message to give to young girls! Being a girl is so empowering. I love your look today- fantastic shoes!

• Stylepint 11/11/2010 at 1:39 am

>Love that quotation from Girls, Inc. I wish more girls would aspire to follow that mission statement. It always gets me when girls don't understand their true worth. Anyways, love your outfit, the chambray top adds a nice touch! =)

• Jenni 11/11/2010 at 12:50 am

>Aw, what a sweet quote! And you look awesome – I love the rustic color combo with the classic silhouette.

• The Elegant Bohemian 11/11/2010 at 12:24 am

>Simply classic! I think sometimes we try too hard to be "stylish" and we overthink it. This is just so elegant, spot on! ~Serene

• kenda 11/10/2010 at 11:50 pm

>oh man, that skirt is great. i totally want to go scour my local thrift stores for one. hopefully i can exert some self control & wait til 30 for 30 is over.

• rosemaryx 11/10/2010 at 10:50 pm

>lookin' chic! I love the color combo a lot…so fall inspired!

• Amy Starks 11/10/2010 at 10:36 pm

>Keira, I love your blog! I don't know how I didn't see it sooner! You have such amazing style! :)

• Hope 11/10/2010 at 10:05 pm

>Simple, classic and very chic! I love it!

• thegoodgirlgoneblog.com 11/10/2010 at 10:03 pm

>You're adorable! I love this whole look!

• Chaucee 11/10/2010 at 9:27 pm

>Love this look! So clean and polished.

• From Suns To Moons 11/10/2010 at 9:18 pm

>Do you know the make of that skirt? It fits you so well.

• Christa 11/10/2010 at 9:12 pm

>great color combo!!

• Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry 11/10/2010 at 8:59 pm

>I love the shape of that skirt. That is a really nice denim top too, since it doesn't have too many details or purposed fading it can really dress up! Nice!jewelscapes.blogspot.com

• Beth Ellen 11/10/2010 at 8:57 pm

>Just like everyone else I love the color of the shirt combined with that skirt! You look fab!

• Jamie 11/10/2010 at 8:46 pm

>i love this :) this skirt is great! absolutely adorable!www.workyourcloset.com

• Simply Bubblelicious 11/10/2010 at 8:38 pm

>Great Outfit! I love the blouse and color of the skirt! Great Job! Carlahttp://wwwsimplybubblelicious.blogspot.com/

• KT 11/10/2010 at 8:34 pm

>You are the second 30 for 30 blogger today that I have seen pull off the jean top look with amazing ease. It's got me wanting to get one of my own (after the 30 for 30 is over of course). – Katy

• Fashion Butter 11/10/2010 at 8:32 pm

>Girl, you are looking good. Love the color mix here.http://www.fashion-butter.com/