>9/30: Blooper Reel

11/18/2010 35 Comments

>9/30: Blooper Reel

11/18/2010 35 Comments

11-17-10(1)

Today was one of those nothing-goes-quite-right-and-you-can’t-find-your-groove kind of days.

As we were closing up the shop at the end of the day, C asked me if we’d taken photos yet. To which I replied, “photos of what?” “Uh, your 30 for 30 post.” Oh yeah… oops. There were only precious moments of good light left, and we were running out to meet someone for drinks at the bar down the street, so we decided we’d snap a few shots when we got there. Then I (self-proclaimed art director extraordinaire that I am) suggested we get all artsy and creative by taking them in front of the “billiards” sign at the pool hall a few doors down from the bar we were headed to. And that’s where things went downhill.

There was a guy messing with his motorcycle in the parking space about 50 feet in front of me, and people eating dinner in the restaurant next door, and that (compounded with the grossness of my day) resulted in some serious camera shyness and all-around awkwardness on my part. I’m still working on this taking-pictures-of-yourself-in-public thing, and I started trying to be all non-chalant, and pose without looking like I was posing, and my timing got all off with C, and we were in a hurry, and things just weren’t gelling, and…

Seriously, you guys, the shots that resulted from today’s little photo session were aw-ful. They ranged from over-smiling (like the one above) to deer-in-the-headlights stares to weird arm placement.

Naturally, since I got a good chuckle from them, I thought I should share them in case any of you had a similarly less-than-stellar day. And, just for the heck of it, throw up a poll to determine the winner of Awkwardest of Them All. Because that’s how we roll in the old U-S-of-A.

Blooper1
#1: “I had a few glasses of wine at the office, but I slept it off under my desk.”
Blooper2
#2: “I really have to pee, can someone point me to the nearest ladies’ room?”
Blooper3
#3: “I know, I know… I really impress myself with how effortlessly cool I am. I mean, look how I can work this brick wall…”

So, here's your chance to pick your favorite ridiculous blooper shot. Which deserves the title of Awkwardest of Them All?

Wearing: INC tunic (Macy’s sale), my beloved jeggings, Candie’s boots, bamboo scarf c/o Casualmere.

• Between Laundry Days 11/22/2010 at 12:32 am

>You're adorable. I love the purple scarf with the blouse and cognac boots!

• ilene @ muchloveilly 11/20/2010 at 6:36 am

>love those boots!!

• Katie 11/20/2010 at 4:58 am

>Ha ha, aww, too cute! I feel strange whenever anyone sees me taking my pictures as well… and I take them on my apt balcony! I should be looking back at these people telling them to mind their own business! :) Love the pop of purple!

• PetiteLittleGirl 11/20/2010 at 1:41 am

>Super cute outfit! I am loving your boots. I love wearing boots over skinnies. I am giving away a bra of your choice sponsored by TheLittleBraCompany. Please stop by and check it out.

• Cara-Mia 11/20/2010 at 12:53 am

>You're adorable! Found you off Kendi's blog & am glad I did. Such a cute outfit. <3

• Hope 11/19/2010 at 10:12 pm

>I love this post! I always like to see other "bloopers" if you will, as mine always crack my shiz up. Have a good weekend! :)

• ClosetConfections 11/19/2010 at 9:13 pm

>i can totally relate. as soon as self-consciousness sets in, the photoshoot is pretty much over. i think you look great if it's any consolation!Kendrahttp://closetconfections.com

• Jodi 11/19/2010 at 8:33 pm

>Cute outfit, I wouldnt think of any of these shots as bloopers.. they are all good! you are too cute!! xoj

• PILAR 11/19/2010 at 6:27 pm

>hi! i found your blog via kendi everyday. love your outfit. especially those boots! you're so right about the blooper shots. haha.

• silvergirl 11/19/2010 at 5:44 pm

>LOL I know exactly what you mean about award shots. I just shot one the other day of myself and I swear it looked like I was trying to do #2.Not a pretty siteGlad you got to have a cocktail or two after you photo shoot!http://silverpooloflightgirl.blogspot.com/

• Erica 11/19/2010 at 5:29 pm

>just found your blog!!! LOVE it!! :) love your style and that post about the drugstore beauty finds…SO good.

• Mrs. J 11/19/2010 at 4:49 pm

>I really like your blog, I'm a fellow remixer and recently read you post on Kendi's blog. I love everything you said especially the part about taking time to appreciate the abundance of life. I'm happy to be a new follower! :)watchmedress.blogspot

• Jessica Jenkins 11/19/2010 at 4:45 pm

>I love your look! I have brown boots in my 30 for 30 count as well, but no jeggings… which I kind of regret. Awesome job!jessicaandjustinjenkins.blogspot.com

• kelsey 11/19/2010 at 3:53 pm

>i love this outfit! i feel like it should be in a movie :)

• amber 11/19/2010 at 3:43 pm

>hahaha your blooper photos are cracking me up, the captions are perfect! :)

• woodycakes 11/19/2010 at 7:13 am

>awkward or not, i love the print of your top and the scarf you put with it. ;) i feel you on things not going right at all haha!

• Mrs. Marcus 11/19/2010 at 4:55 am

>I love your skinny jeans. I don't have a pair (I'm probably the only one) but I'm seriously considering it after going through your posts (yes, all of them) :)meowandmwah.blogspot.com

• shealennon 11/19/2010 at 12:21 am

>I think it's the captions that totally make these hilarious. I think you deserve props for even posing in public–I can't seem to get out of my yard! Anyway, goofy photos or not, I love this look!

• Emma at Daily Clothes Fix 11/18/2010 at 10:55 pm

>Oh, I hate those days. I can normally anticipate them: they follow a very good shoot the day before, it's too cold, the light is funny and I am in a rush. 3 out of 4 today meant the shoot was a little painful.On the upside, your outfit is great – love the loose top with the skinny jeans.Don't miss my first ever giveaway

• Simply Bubblelicious 11/18/2010 at 7:38 pm

>Thanks for the giggle. I was having a bad day. Posing is always the hardest part of the 30 for 30 challenge, well for me anyway. YOU look great!Carlahttp://wwwsimplybubblelicious.blogspot.com/

• KT 11/18/2010 at 7:26 pm

>Isn't it funny how sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, they all turn out poorly? It's just one of those days. Still I love the outfit, and of course the scarf. – Katy

• Sara 11/18/2010 at 4:46 pm

>Love the printed top and the pop of purple. I'm always up for a pop of purple:) Happy–belated–Birthday!

• Amy Fashion Blog 11/18/2010 at 4:36 pm
  • Angel Court Jewels... 11/18/2010 at 3:47 pm

>I agree about how awkward it can feel, but I always thing you look great. I live on a main street and people nearly wreck trying to figure out why I'm being photographed. Makes me feel really awkward. Plus, when I smile to big it makes one of my eyes squint and I look like I have a droopy eye. Too crazy! Angela, on the other hand, lives for this sort of thing.xoxo,courtney

• Fashion Momma 11/18/2010 at 2:58 pm

>I adore this post! You still manage to look completely gorgeous in all of you uncomfortable photos! I linked back to this today, since all week, I've been having some serious outtake photos. :) Hope that's ok!

• a. harms 11/18/2010 at 1:00 pm

>This post is hilarious! I too am having the same problem. It is amazing how weird I can contort my arms and legs in a pic, but as i am posing I am thinking what a great pose this is going to be. I keep telling myself practice makes perfect. So, hopefully by look 30 we will have this posing thing down. Love your blog and your style.

• Kennyy 11/18/2010 at 5:56 am

>these are great photos! you look marvelous in the outfit.i know what you mean about the taking photos in public thing. i still can't do it.fivetwocharm.blogspot.com

• Cassandra 11/18/2010 at 5:53 am

>I think I am officially going to dub today, "Awkward Photo Day". Literally all of my pictures turned out funky today, haha.At least your outfit looks totally fabulous! <3

• Liz 11/18/2010 at 4:29 am

>I'm not even voting, because you look gorgeous in all of them!

• Samantha 11/18/2010 at 3:41 am

>Haha even in the blooper reel you look great! That blouse is lovely.-Samanthahttp://sincerelysamantha.com

• Angeline 11/18/2010 at 3:35 am

>Love it!! You are adorable even when you are awkward :)

• Katie W 11/18/2010 at 3:24 am

>Ok aside from the awkward arm of #1, you look amazing! You're glowing!

• chai am woman 11/18/2010 at 3:09 am

>#1 would TOTALLY win if the sign was in the background. but i just love your expression in #2. love when you can laugh at yourself… keeps is fun and lighthearted. :)

• Erica 11/18/2010 at 2:50 am

>If you were doing the hand thing from number one in the number 2 shot, it would have been so awesome! You're not the only one with an off day…

• The Daily Fashionista 11/18/2010 at 2:41 am

>I'm thinking that you feel like these are bloopers because of how nervous you were taking pics in front of strangers in public, but I think you look good in these pics. Plus you have an awesome look:) Sorry to hear you had an off day. Those suck royally.