>10/30: Good Outfit, Terrible Lighting (and a camera hog)

11/21/2010 26 Comments

>10/30: Good Outfit, Terrible Lighting (and a camera hog)

11/21/2010 26 Comments

11-20-10(1)
11-19-10(2)
11-19-10(3)
11-19-10(4)
We’re going to get better at this photography thing… just bear with us. Until then — since it’s dark-thirty by the time I get home from the flower shop — there may be an occasional indoor shot with gigantic flash shadows looming behind me. {I welcome suggestions for avoiding and/or repairing this in Photoshop, by the way}
I actually wore this to a Girl’s Inc. fundraiser Thursday night. Remember last week, when I had lunch with a few board members and the executive director to talk about getting involved with the organization? The event Thursday night was my first “duty” on the board. I realized after I arrived that I wore the same skirt and shoes to that lunch meeting. It’s funny, but I’m just 10 outfits in and I keep reaching for the same items over and over. I haven’t touched more than half of my 30 pieces yet.
Doak made his way into our living room photo shoot, as per usual when he’s in range of the camera. He’s such a little ham (I’ve said before that I think he’s trying to take over A.P.P.) . At least he didn’t hog the shot and do a trick like Charlie, Emily‘s adorable pup, on my carpet.

Wearing: AE long sleeve sweater (on sale!), thrifted skirt and scarf, Jessica Simpson platform pumps

• Bre 11/24/2010 at 5:08 pm

>You lighting may not be perfect but you still look adorable like usual. I love the skirt and heels and together it's stunning.

• woodycakes 11/23/2010 at 10:04 am

>i love how your headband matches your pillows. talk about remixing the entire house. :) looking fab in your neutrals!

• ClosetConfections 11/22/2010 at 5:11 pm

>No suggestions for the flash shadows since I struggle with the same issue. Love this outfit, especially with the headband. Very cute!Kendrahttp://closetconfections.com

• Elizabeth Benfield 11/22/2010 at 3:57 pm

>i really like the color of this skirt and the shape is so classic. great outfit!

• One Girl 11/22/2010 at 3:25 pm

>I absolutely adore your blog! I found you through the feature on Kendi Everyday. I will def have to start folling! Great job so far on the 30 for 30

• jo 11/22/2010 at 10:27 am

>"Great post, very useful for a beginner like me"http://evocowire.com

• Kennyy 11/22/2010 at 6:46 am

>i love how your background goes with what you're wearing! everything is cute. so is your dog :)fivetwocharm.blogspot.com

• Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes 11/22/2010 at 2:37 am

>Those shoes are AMAZING, love the colour of your skirt and your dog is adorable!!!!

• Pixie in Pumps 11/21/2010 at 11:01 pm

>well when the skirt is that adorable, I can see why you reach for it repeatedly! I've worn the same boots so many times already in the challenge, so i get reaching for favorites!

• Simply Bubblelicious 11/21/2010 at 5:36 pm

>Love the skirt! Doak is sooo cute. Hear ya, hard taking photos in the house. The natural light always seems so much better. Carlahttp://wwwsimplybubblelicious.blogspot.com/

• Emily 11/21/2010 at 5:12 pm

>My dog is constantly getting in my shots, at first I tried to discourage it but now I think it's just too cute.http://greetingsfromseattlewa.blogspot.com/

• The Beauty Vixen 11/21/2010 at 2:51 pm

>That's a great skirt; I can see why you keep reaching for it. You can dress it up or leave it simple and I'm sure it will look great. I'm still trying to figure out how to get good pictures also. As you figure it out, I would love for you to leave short tips for the rest of us. Thanks. http://TheBeautyVixen.blogspot.com

• Between Laundry Days 11/21/2010 at 2:32 pm

>GREAT outfit! You consistently rock the classy look. And your home looks so cozy!

• Le Quaintrelle 11/21/2010 at 8:21 am

>Haha, you're lucky your dog wasn't doing any funny business behind you like mine. He's just being ridiculously adorable. (as is your outfit!)

• Alessandra 11/21/2010 at 7:16 am

>I love this outfit on you. The shoes are fantastic! Fun to see Doak again.

• Sidewalk Chic 11/21/2010 at 6:57 am

>Love this outfit! And your outfit complements the colors in your living room — nice touch!JoAnnSidewalk Chic (formerly Sidewalk Chalk)

• Cassandra 11/21/2010 at 6:20 am

>I know the feeling, girl. Most days I don't get home until the evening as well, so I have no choice but to take photos indoors. Which is a shame, because outside pictures always look so much better!But anyways, you look adorable! I am in love with those shoes! And your headband definitely adds personality!

• archives 11/21/2010 at 4:23 am

>your pup is just adorable! (and your outfit, too!) :)

• Linley 11/21/2010 at 4:16 am

>love this! i am such a fan of mixing neutrals and i love the leopard head band with this!! great look!the big shadow adds some dimension to the pics! (:

• Enchanted Elle 11/21/2010 at 4:14 am

>New to your blog. These are adorable! I love your outfit and your dog looks like a lot of fun :)

• chai am woman 11/21/2010 at 4:01 am

>love the skirt! i've been trying to get all of my items worn so i can start remixing them a litle more and i still have 6 left that haven't been touched. makes me feel better that someone else has a lot left to wear! as far as flash… you can get an external flash for a DSLR that allows you to "bounce" the flash so there aren't shadows. i have one for mine and i like it but for style photos i just ghettofy it and use the point and shoot with flash off. not sure how to fix shadows or flash lighting in photoshop, sorry!

• Linda (little tin soldier) 11/21/2010 at 2:45 am

>Aww, you look great Keira! And I love it when Doak photo-bombs your pictures.I get home late in the evenings as well. I started planning my outfits for the week on Saturday and taking all my photos on Sunday afternoon (much to the curiosity of our neighborhood). Hope you're enjoying the weekend. xo

• Amy Fashion Blog 11/21/2010 at 2:45 am

>Cute outfit. Also your dog is cute too. My dog also loves getting in pictures. I have to let her to go away.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Andrea 11/21/2010 at 2:11 am

>loving that skirt on you!

• Mimi 11/21/2010 at 2:05 am

>First, your dog is ADORABLE! Ok, and the outfit looks great, despite what you may call terrible lighting, the look suits you and the leopard print headband adds so much. Youre eyes pop wearing it!http://aestheticlounge.blogspot.com/

• Best Foot Forward 11/21/2010 at 2:03 am

>Great shoes! And I totally sympathize with the indoor photos…I've been resorting to them a lot lately. Hopefully we will both come up with solutions soon. Until then, no judging :)