Would you do a review of your favorite lip stuff? I can never find anything good!
Asking me about my favorite lip products is kind of like opening Pandora’s box… I have a serious obsession with this particular division of beauty products. I can’t seem to go into a department store, Sephora, or even drugstore without picking up at least one balm, gloss, or lipstick. I have full lips that dry easily, and I hate sticky, glittery, heavy lip colors.
These are my tried-and-true favorites that I always restock!
1. Stila Lip Glaze: ‘Tis the season to try this gorgeous (and completely comfortable and natural) glaze. Sephora offers a value gift set every holiday for $25. The full-size glaze will run you $22 per clickable pen, but it’s a worthwhile splurge.
2. Smashbox lip gloss: pick up Sephora’s Wish For the Perfect Pout gift set ($29) and you won’t regret it. This is my favorite product for patent-shine lips with saturated color. My favorite shade is Tease.
3. Rosebud Minted Rose Lip Balm: In a word: obsessed. This balm has a pretty, natural pink finish and smells so good. It’s always in my handbag, and it’s a steal at $7 for a pretty generous-sized tin.
4. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm: My friend, Anne, told me I had to try this stain. I picked it up at the drugstore for $9, and it’s become a daily product for me. My favorite shade is Twilight.
5. DuWop Lip Venom: What smells like hot cinnamon and stings like a bee? This stuff. But once you get past the burn, your lips are flushed and plumped for hours. ($16)
6. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Red Alert: I love the look of red lips (no one does it better than Maria) but I’ve always had a terrible time finding a wearable, comfortable red. This one is totally affordable at around $6, and moisturizes while you wear it. There’s nothing worse than a really bold lip that’s dry and flaky.
What are your favorite lip products?