>19/30: Introducing… the Wild Card

12/03/2010 34 Comments

>19/30: Introducing… the Wild Card

12/03/2010 34 Comments

12-2-10
12-2-10(1)
12-2-10(3)
Ladies, meet my wildcard! [read like Patti Stanger’s infamous singsong dater introduction.] Any other Bravo fans in the house? C wooed me by singing his heart out like this guy on our first date. That’s how I knew he was the one.

No, not really.

Anyway, when I picked my 30 for 30 lineup way back when, I left a mystery piece for emergencies. Fashion emergencies. And, I’m a total Type-A “what-iffer”, so this helped me maintain some semblance of control over this remix.
This morning, I put my wildcard into play. It’s supposed to be really cold over the next few days, and I realized that I didn’t sufficiently prepare for this kind of turn in the weather. Enter: the sweater wrap dress. Threw it over the silk rosette blouse and thick tights, and voila! Warm and cozy.

• Iris 12/11/2010 at 1:24 pm

>I love the dress and how you actually kept one secret piece which really means that you are remixing 29 pieces… crazy!

• orchidsinbuttonholes 12/08/2010 at 3:03 pm

>So smart to have added a wild card to your list of 30! Brilliant!I love that shade of blue on you, and the fit and detailing are perfect. Those cognac boots are such a great contrast and compliment to the dress, too.

• Elizabeth Benfield 12/08/2010 at 2:43 pm

>great dress … its perfect for stylish, warm and cozy!

• Carl Anthony Osborne 12/08/2010 at 5:46 am

>Hi, fellow remixer, Im one of the few guys in the challenge.. Im slowly getting around to visiting all of the remixers' blogs. I've come across a lot, but you most definitely have style. Best of luck with the remaining challenge… xohttp://thedebonairextraordinaire.blogspot.com/

• donna 12/07/2010 at 8:43 pm

>the dress is so cute!

• rlutz 12/06/2010 at 10:17 pm

>I so love that dress…very cozy but chic…very versatile…perfect pick!

• Emily 12/05/2010 at 8:37 pm

>lusting all these beautiful colors!! They compliment your hair very well! Great blog- now following you! http://www.lovelywanderlust.com

• tweal 12/05/2010 at 12:03 pm

>Great outfit – I love the watch and boots.

• LifestyleBohemia 12/05/2010 at 2:04 am

>Beautiful! I love the ruffle detail, and love your choice of brick backdrop :)

• Alessandra 12/04/2010 at 5:14 pm

>And what a great wild card it is!!! Love it – great color, style and comfort. What more could a girl want?

• woodycakes 12/04/2010 at 7:53 am

>that's a great pick! i love the dress and the deep navy color. it looks really good on you

• Jen 12/04/2010 at 7:37 am

>I love the ruffles! And, the boots! And, you didn't focus on this, but your watch looks fun! So many exclamation points!!!http://jen-hemmingandhawing.blogspot.com (still rough)

• Kristen 12/04/2010 at 2:18 am

>A wrap sweater dress is a perfect wildcard pick. You look great!

• Meek 12/04/2010 at 1:35 am

>It is a lovely dress, I really like blue and brown paired together

• Ashley J 12/03/2010 at 7:48 pm

>I love the dress, what a great wildcard!!!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Anna Jane 12/03/2010 at 7:09 pm

>lady , you are gorgeous! you look awesome in navy and that dress looks fab on you.xx http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

• Fabienne Jach 12/03/2010 at 6:01 pm

>The wild card is a brilliant idea! And such a lovely flattering dress, too.

• Cortney Riese 12/03/2010 at 2:35 pm

>this dress is adorable. do you remember where it is from? i've been looking for this type (read not adhered to every curve of the body) of dress to go with boots and tights. everything is so snug this year.

• Anne 12/03/2010 at 12:28 pm

>Looks great! And I'm completely with you on the type-A personality need for backup options – but instead I just ended up throwing some "what if" items into my 30 that were kind of a mistake… Smart to leave a wildcard.

• Justine 12/03/2010 at 7:21 am
  • Fivetwocharm 12/03/2010 at 5:05 am

>veryy cute dress!:)fivetwocharm.blogspot.com

• Stylepint 12/03/2010 at 4:57 am

>Great wildcard pick and the wrap dress looks amazing on you! I can't wait to see what other outfits you'll style with this dress! =)

• Kelly 12/03/2010 at 4:41 am

>Love Bravo, all of it. Especially the BH housewives. Two nannies per child? Really?Love the outfit! Love your blog!Kellyhttp://www.alongfortheride-kelly.blogspot.com

• Between Laundry Days 12/03/2010 at 3:31 am

>Love the wildcard! It looks so warm and cozy! :)

• Chaucee 12/03/2010 at 2:49 am

>Very cute! I love the wild card : )

• silvergirl 12/03/2010 at 2:04 am

>Love the dress and the colorGreat wildcard and Patti is my go to girl for a guilty pleasure tv show.

• Joy 12/03/2010 at 2:03 am

>Very cute!! I love ithttp://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/

• Jess 12/03/2010 at 2:01 am

>Love this dress! Great wild card pick.

• Andrea 12/03/2010 at 1:56 am

>Haa, I love Bravo reality shows! Did you see the SNL a few weeks ago where Scarlett Johansson did Patti Stanger? Hi.Lar.ious. Cute dress! Your bangs look extra sassy today, too :)Andreapeanutbutterhandprint.blogspot.com

• The Daily Fashionista 12/03/2010 at 1:09 am

>You are so adorable I can't stand it!! Love the sweater dress and the little pop of color from the blouse.

• Sidewalk Chic 12/03/2010 at 1:06 am

>Um what a fantastic idea to have a secret weapon piece just in case. You look fantastic and I'm loving your glowy photos!

• Elle Sees 12/03/2010 at 1:04 am

>loving your 30×30! I've been reading everyday; just too busy to comment than now!

• Amy Fashion Blog 12/03/2010 at 12:56 am
  • SWF_Terra 12/03/2010 at 12:49 am

>Wait. That guy is hot. I don't know what you're talking about.You look amazing in this dress. I never would have planned ahead like that. I think I need to take some lessons from you. When is your next class?