>21/30: Unforeseen Circumstances

12/12/2010 21 Comments

>21/30: Unforeseen Circumstances

12/12/2010 21 Comments

12-12-10
12-12-10(2)
A couple of things have come up in the last several weeks that I didn’t account for when picking my 30 items way back at the first of November.
For one, I’ve lost a little weight… and the jeans and cords I picked are quite literally falling off of me. Before you get alarmed and think I’m on some crazy crash diet, let me explain: I’m only about 5’4″ (okay, 5’3-and-a-half but I like to round up) and a difference of five pounds or so means a difference in pant sizes. Since I started working at the flower shop, I’m much more active throughout the day than when I worked from home, and I’ve dropped a little extra baggage over the last six to eight weeks. Trust me, I’m not complaining; but it’s getting old hiking up my britches every five seconds.
Which leads me to my second point: all I can wear are said britches for the next week because baby it’s cold outside! At the start of the challenge, I had the best of intentions to finish in 30 days, so I picked pieces that would get me through the mild fall days up through the first week of December. But as my college economics professor used to say, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions.” (Although I’m sure he was referring to our lack of preparation for class and not style blogger posting schedules, I imagine the premise is the same). Now the temps are dropping into the 20’s and all I have are a couple of long sleeve button-ups, a lightweight sweater, and this 3/4 sleeve blazer. Hmm…
Tomorrow I may have to try bag-lady-chic, and layer on all 30 items at once. This should get interesting.

• Iris 12/16/2010 at 12:54 pm

>This outfit is so cute, you definitely can't tell that it's too big :)

• Colleen 12/15/2010 at 7:23 pm

>I have mentioned before how 5 lbs makes me wear a different size and people are shocked and think I'm crazy. I'm glad I heard someone else mention it.

• Stylepint 12/13/2010 at 10:22 pm

>I can totally understand how a few pounds can drastically change how something fits, hangs, or gathers. Belts are great for keeping things in place when pants get loose and it adds visual interest! But socks and stockings are perfect to add warmth and thickness to an outfit so you stay cozy and pants don't look too slouchy! =)

• From Suns To Moons 12/13/2010 at 7:09 pm

>You look great, very streamlined and well-tailored. Love the hues in this get-up.

• Sidewalk Chic 12/13/2010 at 6:59 pm

>I'm 5'5 and I feel you on the weight thing — losing a little can be a huge difference. It's inspiring that you're still trying to make your wardrobe work for you. I think after the challenge I may start going to my tailor a little bit more — it's become pretty obvious after the 30 for 30 which items fit/don't fit.

• Meek 12/13/2010 at 5:38 pm

>I love love LOVE your scarf, the colour is so pretty :)

• Amy Fashion Blog 12/13/2010 at 2:02 pm

>I hear you on the weather. It even hard for me to get dress with this cold weather.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Mimi 12/13/2010 at 4:14 am

>Well, you look fantastic, big britches or not…and i love the scarf! You are lucky its warm enough to wear pumps and no socks…I feel so limited in that regard in the winter up here:)

• WobiSobi 12/13/2010 at 3:41 am

>You Look beautiful as always and I love your outfit.

• aki! 12/13/2010 at 3:15 am

>Is it sad that I'm jealous of your weather? It's 70 degrees here and shows no signs of dropping.

• Viv 12/13/2010 at 2:06 am

>YAY for you! You look gorgeous either way though. Love the scarf and blazer combo, esp with the belt. Super cute.

• Stacey 12/13/2010 at 1:47 am

>I'm 5'4" and at a pretty happy weight. I know what you mean about a pound of two making a big difference in clothes.

• Bee 12/13/2010 at 12:16 am

>I completely understand your weight loss situation! I'm 4'11", so I can actually see the difference of a couple pounds when I look in the mirror. Elastic waists are your friend!Also, a tip for the cold that can help keep your pants from falling as much: layer leggings or thermal underwear under your pants. It doesn't break the rules of the 30 for 30, as it's undergarments and no one will be seeing them. You'll be toasty warm and won't loose your drawers!

• Ashley J 12/13/2010 at 12:13 am

>I am jealous that you are losing weight, especially during this time of year!!! I feel like all I have been doing is eating and drinking with all the holiday parties going on!http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

• Shallow Mallow 12/13/2010 at 12:02 am

>Love these colours & the silhouetteGreat outfit :)hehe I'd sort of like to see you rock baglade chic ;)

• Kristen 12/12/2010 at 11:55 pm

>Oh, please layer on all 30 at one time! I think that would be a 30×30 first. :p

• Valerie 12/12/2010 at 11:46 pm

>As a New Yorker who has lived in Fl for 10 years, I can tell you my tolerance for the cold has gone way down! It feels cold when it's in the 50's here! Stay warm!Like the color combo of blue and gray by the way!

• silvergirl 12/12/2010 at 11:43 pm

>I love the belted jacket and the color blue with the gray.Hope you can stay warm until the end of the challenge. At least the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel right.

• Justine 12/12/2010 at 11:40 pm

>Woohoo for loosing weight without really trying! =]justbettertogether at gm a il do t co mJust Better Together is having 2 giveaways!

• Linda W 12/12/2010 at 11:35 pm

>At 5'10 I don't have that problem…though I wish I did. It is good that are you more active these days, but that does make it challenging for your remixing. I'm sure would will find someway to make it work. You always look so lady-like, chic, and put together no matter what you wear.The Auspicious Life

• Yelena 12/12/2010 at 11:12 pm

>Whoo!!! Well for the loosing weight part, not the falling britches! lol :)I'm the same height, so I totally understand (5'4, technically around a little shorter, but i round up too! high-five!).I have clothes in a variety of sizes since my weight tends to flunctuate and i'm not sure from week to week what size i'll be wearing. :)have fun layering tomorrow – can't wait to see – I'm sure it will look amazing! :)