>22/30: A Pretty Popsicle

>22/30: A Pretty Popsicle

12/14/2010 20 Comments

12-13-10(6)
12-13-10(2)

12-13-10(5)

12-13-10(4)
Today was the fastest photo shoot ever. We made it about 100 feet from the front door of the flower shop before the hypothermia set in. “I’m just gonna stand right here… Good? Yeah? Okay, let’s do this.”
It’s going to drop into the 20’s tonight, but we’re experiencing some fierce wind that’s supposed to make it feel like about 11 degrees. My friends, that is cold for this deep-fried southern girl!

As the temperature drops and our thermostat creeps up, my heart is warm and filled with gratitude tonight. While this year has been one of the most challenging for C and me financially, we are immensely blessed.

A few random, stream-of-conciousness things that spring to mind: We have a safe, warm home and the best baby Doodle pup in the southeast (who doubles as a pretty great space heater). We’re not out spending on extras and entertainment like we used to, but our bills are manageable. We have nice and reliable cars with seat heaters to keep our buns toasty in this icy weather. We can turn up the central heat without worrying that we won’t be able to cover the electric at the end of the month, and our kitchen is stocked with [mostly] healthy food — and hot tea and chocolate. We have our health {and on most days, our sanity}. We’ve been given an amazing opportunity to help run a successful business with our family, and we’re loving every minute of it.

At the same time, I just so happen to be doing this 30 for 30 challenge. Talk about perspective! I may not be able to shop with reckless abandon as much as I used to, but in the grand scheme of things, who gives a hoot? I clearly have more than I’ll ever need.

Life is good. Like really, really good. And I’m so thankful.

Apparently, getting cozy makes me all sentimental ;-)

• Brittney 12/17/2010 at 5:02 am

>what a nice post! and your outfit is super cute. *bonus* i started my own little fashion blog, kind of a daily diary of outfits. i'm having a good time over there, and i'd love it if you stopped by and let me know what you think. i think your taste is fabulous.http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.comhave a happy day! sounds like you are.-brittney

• Meri 12/16/2010 at 3:15 pm

>It's so easy to get grumpy in the winter when things go wrong (blizzards, traffic, long lines) but I love that you are focusing on the positive! Cute blog!

• Iris 12/16/2010 at 12:56 pm

>I hope you acclimate to the weather soon! I live in the Northeast so the teens is a pretty normal winter thing. You definitely look very cozy which is the first step :)

• Ramsey 12/15/2010 at 5:37 pm

>I. feel. your. pain…I have barely set foot out of the house for the past two days. My thin Florida blood just can't handle it. I am hovering inside practically sewn into my snuggie with a mug of hot cocoa super glued to my hand. Warm wishes!!!

• Shallow Mallow 12/15/2010 at 3:11 pm

>Fun frozen outfit and a very sweet post :)

• Fabienne Jach 12/14/2010 at 10:26 pm

>Thanks for sharing. It's exactly what I needed to hear today. :)

• No Guilt Fashion 12/14/2010 at 8:20 pm

>22 of 30…You are closing in. The end is in sight. I loved reading your sentimental thankfulness. It is a great reminder of all that we have. We may be doing without, but we are still here, and that is such a wonderful thing.No Guilt Fashion

• Elaine 12/14/2010 at 8:12 pm

>This is super cute! I love the wrapped scarf. I'm so glad you're loving life right now. It's menat to be enjoyed, not endured!www.clothedmuch.com

• From Suns To Moons 12/14/2010 at 8:05 pm

>This is such a moving post – it inspires me to be more appreciative of my life as well.

• Sydney 12/14/2010 at 5:32 pm

>You look SO GOOD lady!! LOVE the belted scarf look on you! Hot dang! You rock it!!!

• whitehorse 12/14/2010 at 5:03 pm

>you look adorable the way u wear ur scarf is aweome. glad ur so happy. and yes the cold weather n a cozy plce to rest does have that effect on people simplyblanca.blogspot.com

• Between Laundry Days 12/14/2010 at 3:20 pm

>This is a truly lovely post, and I'm totally with you on feeling grateful this time of year. It's a good moment for reflection and appreciation.

• Amy Fashion Blog 12/14/2010 at 2:16 pm

>I glad to hear everything is going good for you. Cute Outfit.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry 12/14/2010 at 5:41 am

>You ARE a pretty pretty popsicle! And i love everything you said, lovely.jewelscapes.blogspot.com

• Kristen 12/14/2010 at 5:09 am

>What a lovely post. It really is true – stopping to appreciate what you have really gives you so much perspective. You look adorable, as always, by the way.

• Peggy 12/14/2010 at 4:40 am

>Love the sentiments of your post!

• Kayley 12/14/2010 at 3:43 am

>Great post! I agree with everything you said/typed – the cold weather and the thankful-ness. I think the 30 for 30 thing is awesome. I'm considering participating next time Kendi organizes something within the blogging world … but I'm just a little nervous about it. Working shipment at the Gap is so tempting. Not being able to shop might be torture!

• WobiSobi 12/14/2010 at 3:08 am

>I just love you.

• The Elegant Bohemian 12/14/2010 at 2:53 am

>What a great perspective on things! I find that whenever I feel a funk creeping on, if I'll just start thinking of things I'm thankful for, the funk passes right on by. Your outfit is adorable. Love how you've worked your scarf! ~Serene

• Hayley 12/14/2010 at 2:30 am

>cute photo shoot! did you get the belted scarf from mrs sydney!? hayleyhttp://www.theweekendfile.blogspot.com