As I’ve told you guys before, I’m really not much of a morning person. Since I don’t have a live-in makeup artist, I’d much rather sleep for an extra 30 minutes than take a lot of time fussing with my face. These are the 5 products that I use every morning during the week to quickly pull myself together and cover up the sheet marks on my cheeks before I run out the door.
For what it’s worth… since I’ve pared down the cosmetics I use on a daily basis, my skin is drastically clearer and healthier.
I always start with a clean face
, and then use this 5-step routine:
1. Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25
– ($17.50) I apply this with my fingertips right after my moisturizer. You can probably skip the moisturizer and just use this, but I’m old school and I feel like a daytime moisturizer is a non-negotiable. This sheer sunscreen is like a hybrid tinted moisturizer and primer.
3. Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup SPF 15
– ($34.50) My mom bought this powder for me, and I’m kind of obsessed with it. I’ve used BareMinerals and other powder foundations, but this is by far my favorite. It has a really natural finish (without the sparkly mica of other mineral foundations) and lasts all day. I apply it lightly with a fluffy powder brush
4. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights
– ($6) No matter how many YouTube makeup tutorials I study, I still haven’t mastered the art of eyeshadow. If I decide to take on a smokey eye, I have to set aside at least 30 minutes (and extra cotton balls and makeup remover) to take on such a daunting task. This product is easy-peasy, and gives a pretty all-over natural color wash. If you’ve had issues with slippery, oily and creasy cream shadows and subsequently swore them off, I have a trick: apply it with a shadow brush
and it will stay all day.
5. Covergirl LashBlast Mascara
– ($8) Far and away my favorite mascara that never transfers, flakes, or clumps. It also doesn’t irritate my contacts.
I finish up with a swipe of my favorite lip color
, and I’m done in five minutes or less!