>5 Products – 5 Minutes – 5 Days a Week

12/17/2010 7 Comments

>5 Products – 5 Minutes – 5 Days a Week

12/17/2010 7 Comments

5minuteface

As I’ve told you guys before, I’m really not much of a morning person. Since I don’t have a live-in makeup artist, I’d much rather sleep for an extra 30 minutes than take a lot of time fussing with my face. These are the 5 products that I use every morning during the week to quickly pull myself together and cover up the sheet marks on my cheeks before I run out the door.
For what it’s worth… since I’ve pared down the cosmetics I use on a daily basis, my skin is drastically clearer and healthier.
I always start with a clean face, and then use this 5-step routine:
1. Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25 – ($17.50) I apply this with my fingertips right after my moisturizer. You can probably skip the moisturizer and just use this, but I’m old school and I feel like a daytime moisturizer is a non-negotiable. This sheer sunscreen is like a hybrid tinted moisturizer and primer.
2. Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious – ($9) I prefer cream blushes in the winter and powder blushes in the spring and summer when the humidity cranks up again. I apply this with a foundation brush, because I find that it lasts longer that way versus applying with your fingertips.
3. Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup SPF 15 – ($34.50) My mom bought this powder for me, and I’m kind of obsessed with it. I’ve used BareMinerals and other powder foundations, but this is by far my favorite. It has a really natural finish (without the sparkly mica of other mineral foundations) and lasts all day. I apply it lightly with a fluffy powder brush
4. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights – ($6) No matter how many YouTube makeup tutorials I study, I still haven’t mastered the art of eyeshadow. If I decide to take on a smokey eye, I have to set aside at least 30 minutes (and extra cotton balls and makeup remover) to take on such a daunting task. This product is easy-peasy, and gives a pretty all-over natural color wash. If you’ve had issues with slippery, oily and creasy cream shadows and subsequently swore them off, I have a trick: apply it with a shadow brush and it will stay all day.
5. Covergirl LashBlast Mascara – ($8) Far and away my favorite mascara that never transfers, flakes, or clumps. It also doesn’t irritate my contacts.
On the mornings that I wake up with dark saucers under my eyes (which is more often than I’d like to admit) I use Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer — a tip I picked up from Kendi!
I finish up with a swipe of my favorite lip color, and I’m done in five minutes or less!

• ambatopia 10/27/2016 at 3:11 pm

You’re right on the money with the eye cream. I had to
    Start a daily regimen 2 years ago and my eyes thank me for it Everytime I look in the mirror. Thank you for sharing

• Donna 12/17/2010 at 11:13 pm

>Thanks for the review of the two Clinque products. Will definitely check those out. I use the two Revlon products (same color blush) and have been happy with both. I usually apply the blush with fingertips but will try the brush.

• Amy Fashion Blog 12/17/2010 at 4:27 pm

>great post. I wish I was able to only use 5 items on my face.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• aweekfromthursday 12/17/2010 at 2:28 pm

>I have the lash blast and I can't stand it. I feel like I've tried everything and can't find a decent mascara. Thanks for the heads up with the clinique sheer sunscreen. I think I'm going to buy that. I use their dramatically different moisturizer and it's wonderful.www.aweekfromthursday.wordpress.com

• Marie a la Mode 12/17/2010 at 3:27 am

>I have the same creme eyeshadows from Revlon and they cake and crease on my lids, even when I apply it with a shadow brush and primer beforehand. It's too bad because I love the colors! I'm glad they work for you : )

• Andrea 12/17/2010 at 2:31 am

>I'm a lash blast girl, too, love it!AndreaPeanutbutterhandprint.blogspot.com

• Kristen 12/17/2010 at 2:29 am

>I love that you keep your makeup natural – it's so pretty!And I can't live without that mascara either. My coworker introduced me to it a few months ago and I don't know how I ever lived without it.