>28/30: The Shop Girl

12/28/2010 34 Comments

>28/30: The Shop Girl

12/28/2010 34 Comments

12-27-10(1)
Welcome to our flower shop!
We’re still in the middle of remodeling, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek of where I spend my days {and some nights and weekends, but hey, that’s business ownership!} More to come soon.
We got some exciting news before the holiday. Every year, our local newspaper hosts a People’s Choice contest, where the community votes for their favorite restaurants, special services, salons, etc. Our shop was voted best florist in the east side of our [huge] county! With five other florists in our city alone — not to mention the dozen others in surrounding towns — we had some stiff competition. We were so stoked to get the recognition!
They sent a photographer {completely unannounced} to take our pictures for the feature, and while we were initially horrified and scrambled to straighten ourselves up, I’m loving the way the photo of my MIL and me turned out. Notice that I’m wearing 30 for 30 pieces — one of the days that I didn’t get photos up on the blog.
PeoplesChoice2010

• lazada thailand 05/08/2015 at 8:36 pm

With one thing and another, it is far to easy to find yourself fed up with going shopping;
    but this is where using an online shopping directory can come in. You car can run on this
    hydrogen based gas, along with regular gasoline.
    Cash on delivery, payment by check, postal money order, are
    some of the other ways of clearing off the due amount.

• Rosaura 10/22/2014 at 6:28 pm

Hi there Dear, are you in fasct visiting tnis web page on a regular basis,
    if so after that you will definitely get nice know-how.

• Neil 08/25/2014 at 1:04 pm

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I
    can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about
    setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have
    any tips or suggestions? Thank you

• rachelinaustin 01/06/2011 at 9:56 pm

>Congratulations! What an amazing achievement!<3

• Kyla 01/02/2011 at 4:11 am

>This is so awesome! Congratulations! Man, there's nothing better than a self-sufficient, creative, risk-taking and STYLISH woman! Go get 'em in 2011!

• Grace, Money Smart Fashion 12/31/2010 at 9:21 pm

>that's so awesome! congrats:) Happy New Year!

• Iris 12/29/2010 at 7:45 pm

>Wow, congrats on the feature! You and your MIL look great :)

• genevieve, sandbox romance 12/29/2010 at 4:14 pm

>Congratulations! That's super exciting, and you look adorable in both pictures (loving the scarf, especially)!

• Marie a la Mode 12/29/2010 at 5:07 am

>Congrats! What a great spread! I would LOVE to own a flower shop.

• Katie 12/29/2010 at 12:49 am

>That is fantastic! Congrats!!Despite the fact that you had no idea they were sending a photographer – you look great! :)

• silvergirl 12/28/2010 at 11:00 pm

>Congrats on the article and you look fab in the picture as well.

• Nuha Sofiyan 12/28/2010 at 5:50 pm

>Yay! Congrats! I wish I was better at arranging my flowers…One day I will definitely learn! xoxo

• Nuha Sofiyan 12/28/2010 at 5:50 pm

• Fabienne Jach 12/28/2010 at 5:29 pm

>Congrats! You must be so proud! I'm happy for you:)

• rlutz 12/28/2010 at 4:19 pm

>Congrats on the award…isnt it great to know that all your hard work gets noticed!You picture in the newspaper with your MIL looks fabulous.

• No Guilt Fashion 12/28/2010 at 3:25 pm

>Love the simple look. Congratulations on getting people's choice.No Guilt Fashion

• Best Foot Forward 12/28/2010 at 3:11 pm

>I love the yellow watering can as a prop next to the bright scarf. You look great! And congrats on the newspaper feature! From how hard it sounds like you've been working, you deserved it!

• monster cakes 12/28/2010 at 2:14 pm

>This is so great! You should be proud of yourself. What an amazing accomplishment. Cheers!

• Artfully Awear 12/28/2010 at 1:54 pm

>Congratulations! The picture turned out great, too!http://artfullyawear.blogspot.com/

• Hayley 12/28/2010 at 6:53 am

>I love the photos in the newspaper article! you look so cute! not to mention the shop looks adorible. we need a tour soon!Hayleyhttp://www.theweekendfile.blogspot.com

• Michelle 12/28/2010 at 6:33 am

>Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! And you look great in the newspaper photo!

• Sarah Beth 12/28/2010 at 6:15 am

>I love how comfy that outfit seems! And congrats! You look gorgeous in that magazine

• Sara C 12/28/2010 at 5:25 am

>How exciting! Congratulations!

• Amy Fashion Blog 12/28/2010 at 3:47 am

>Congrats. Great Pictures.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Kristen 12/28/2010 at 3:46 am

>Congratulations! That's a pretty big honor. And the impromptu photo turned out amazingly well. :)I'd love to see more photos of your flower shop. It looks darling!

• Ashley J 12/28/2010 at 3:44 am

>Yay, congrats on winning the best florist! Your eyes look so pretty and blue in that first picture.

• WobiSobi 12/28/2010 at 3:16 am

>That is so so great Congratulations, Great picture as well.

• TrophyBoutique 12/28/2010 at 2:27 am

>Congrats! That's a great picture of the picture, as well as a great picture. Whoah, that's like a meta-compliment or something? Maybe not. Your shop looks so cute! xoLaurel

• Krysten @ After 'I Do' 12/28/2010 at 2:05 am

>How excited, what a great way to start 2011!

• whenlifehandsyouapear 12/28/2010 at 12:51 am

>Wow! The photo turned out that amazing and you didn't even have any notice? Good thing you two are snappy dressers! ;) Congrats on being voted 'best florist'! That's quite an honor and I'm sure the title and article will bring in more business!

• From Suns To Moons 12/28/2010 at 12:51 am

>You are surprisingly put-together for an impromptu photo-shoot. If they'd warned you, what would you have done differently? A silk taffeta dress? Fake lashes? Just kidding, you look perfect.

• Melissa 12/28/2010 at 12:32 am

>Ahhhh!!! That's so exciting!You ladies both look beautiful!!!

• Elisabeth 12/28/2010 at 12:31 am

>wow congrats! and the photo turned out so cute.

• Anonymous 12/28/2010 at 12:30 am

>Love the blog! Any chance you can explain how you "fold" your scarf. Mine never end up looking as cute as yours!