>Momma said there’d be days like this.

01/06/2011 22 Comments

>Momma said there’d be days like this.

01/06/2011 22 Comments

1-5-10(3)
1-5-11(1)
1-5-11(2)
Today was a doooooozie
My MIL had surgery today (all is well, so no worries) and C planned to spend the day at the hospital with my FIL. One of my employees called in sick, and I had a small panic moment about being completely short-staffed. I rinsed my contact with the solution covered in blaring red warning labels screaming “Do Not Rinse Lens Prior to Insertion!” and darn-near blinded myself. My eye swelled up and I had to wear my nerd glasses [and not the nouveau-fab nerd glasses all the celebrities and cool people are sporting] because Doak destroyed my Bebe frames last year. I left the house earlier than I typically wake up to deliver a funeral arrangement before 8:00am on the other side of town. I stumbled and bumbled through the day without any hiccups, until 5:00pm, when the industrial cooler that stores all of our fresh flowers shut off and I had to wait for the refrigeration repair guy.
On the bright side, my MIL’s surgery was a success and she’s recovering and healthy. There were no major disasters at the flower shop, and even though we were short-staffed, things worked out okay. I got a good head-start on my window displays for Valentine’s Day. My eye is slowly returning to normal (although it looks like I’ve spent a good part of the afternoon hanging out with Cheech and Chong). The cooler was an easy and inexpensive fix. I was home by 6:00pm.
I’m reminded today that life is a whole lot of give-and-take. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have…. Anyway. The point is, at the end of the day, I try to tally it all up and balance the challenges with the blessings; and if the blessings come out on top, that’s good enough for me.
I didn’t wear this today. I wore it last week {I told you I’ve been wearing this sweater like it’s going out of style}. When I got dressed that morning and asked C the customary “Is This Cute?” question, he replied, “that’s a lotta bling.” I thought it was an appropriate outfit to share today, because when you’re having a doozie of a day, a little bling can go a long way.
Wearing: One A sweater (Macy’s clearance, 80% off), chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet, $12), Old Navy jeans (thrifted, $2), Target boots (2009) and Nine West belt

• Between Laundry Days 01/09/2011 at 10:23 pm

>Ack! I'm so sorry about your rough day, though I'm glad it's over (by a long time, now, since I'm such a late commenter…), and that you were able to see a bit of a silver (or blingy) lining. I feel like January always has a handful of days like that.

• Mrs. Marcus 01/07/2011 at 11:03 pm

>Glad things turned out well. I have so done the whole burning contact in eye routine, but it's never been as bad as you described. Ouch!Meow & Mwah

• Elle Sees 01/07/2011 at 1:32 am

>gotta love the husband honesty! love this outfit!

• Shellsea 01/06/2011 at 4:42 pm

>What a day! Sometimes it all piles on at once. I'm glad to hear your MIL is okay. Don't worry, I find that days that bad are few and far between. Cute sweater thou.http://brownieninja.blogspot.com/

• silvergirl 01/06/2011 at 3:53 pm

>that sounds like quite a day you hadi am glad it all ended wellI love the major bling with the simplicity of the denim shirt and simple cardi

• marcella 01/06/2011 at 10:54 am

>that's a cute casual outfit …I like the way your shirt sticks out a bit .. and in a bit :)http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

• Erica 01/06/2011 at 5:20 am

>You have such a great outlook on life! I love the denim on denim! Paired with the fancy necklace takes it to a whole fabulous level of chic!

• Anonymous 01/06/2011 at 5:19 am

• minnja 01/06/2011 at 4:30 am

>This is so WOW :)))))))))LOVEminnjahttp://minnja.blogspot.com/

• Justine 01/06/2011 at 3:21 am

>glad to hear your MIL is doing well. You poor thing, I actually went to check my contact soultion just now. At least now we both know what NOT to do. Heal quickly, both of you. Just Better Together

• Collette Osuna 01/06/2011 at 3:02 am

>Glad MIL is doing well…so sorry about your eye….poor thing:(I do love this chunky sweater and hope you are having a better night:)Stop by and say Hello:)Come be a part of my new online fashion magazine!!♥

• Fashion Therapist 01/06/2011 at 2:52 am

>So glad that the surgery went well. You're right when there's bad, there's always good and the important thing is that the good thing is the most important thing to you. :) Well done on the execution of this outfit by the way. I like!

• Jo 01/06/2011 at 2:28 am

>I've totally been there – a day where nothing goes your way. At least you have a good sense of humour about it!On another note, I'd love to see photos of your Valentine's Day display when you're done ;)

• Linley 01/06/2011 at 1:56 am

>i love the contrast of the fancy necklace with the casual chambray button up! this whole outfit looks wonderful!!

• The Suburb Experiment 01/06/2011 at 1:20 am

>Well, it looks like you're in good company with using the wrong solution. My eyeball hurt so bad when I did it I had to pry my eyelids open to remove it because I couldn't voluntarily open them.Glad your MIL is OK and I think bling is perfect for any occasion, even if it's one off to a bad start!

• Amy Fashion Blog 01/06/2011 at 1:15 am

>Sound like you had a rough day. I'm Glad your MIL is doing good and that you day ended up being good.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• liz 01/06/2011 at 1:04 am

>You have such a great attitude about the day's events, I'm sure you'll be rewarded with an extra fantastic day sometime soon!

• genevieve, sandbox romance 01/06/2011 at 1:01 am

>Oh my goodness! Sounds as though you handled more stress in a day than anyone ever should in a week. Here's to making it through without any lasting damage. Hopefully tomorrow ends up improving!On a happier note, your bling is totally awesome. It's the perfect amount of pizazz.

• FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION 01/06/2011 at 12:58 am

>that was a doozy! But I'm so glad all is well now…I'm loving your necklace with that outfit! xo

• Sidewalk Ready 01/06/2011 at 12:48 am

>I know how these days go … Great job being positive – and I'm glad your MIL is doing okay! I, too, have practically burned my eye out of my head with that contact solution. That is dangerous stuff.I think it is just the right amount of bling.Kayleyp.s. I added a "blogs I love!" category to my page. You're on there. :)

• Felicity 01/06/2011 at 12:45 am

>Ouch! I've rinsed my contacts with the wrong solution before and I remember how horrible it felt. I'm not sure that bling would have helped… Hopefully you'll be back to normal tomorrow. Hopefully your MIL has a speedy recovery too.

• WobiSobi 01/06/2011 at 12:34 am

>I am so Glad your MIL is good.. Big Hug..and as always you look great!