>I Like a Challenge

01/19/2011 45 Comments

>I Like a Challenge

01/19/2011 45 Comments

1-18-11(1)
1-18-11(2)
1-18-11(3)
I think I’d make Kendi and Bryan proud with my photo shoot location today. When C and I were scouting {so official, eh?} around the buildings around the shop this afternoon, I spotted this palette leaning up against a wall, squealed and likely overreacted about its presence, and the rest is history.
Speaking of Kendi, she just sounded the alarm for the winter edition of the 30 for 30. Since I just finished the fall version about three weeks ago, I was on the fence about whether or not I’m going to play this round. I had such a hard time with the last remix, I really didn’t know if I was ready to “get back on the horse,” if you will. However, after [not so very] much debate, I’ve decided I’m in. More on that later…
If you don’t know about the 30 for 30, you can check out all the details here
Wearing: Sunny Leigh button-up (Macy’s clearance, $9), Anne Klein scarf (Beall’s Outlet,  $7), Divine Rights of Denim skinnies (m.marie, 2009), American Eagle belt (2005), Michelle D flats (Dillard’s clearance, $11)

• Kristine 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>You are adorable. That scarf is so wonderful and I love how you belted it! And I really like that tunic, too. And your straight across bangs. Okay, I just like everything.Kristine. Or Polly.

• genevieve, sandbox romance 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Totally Kendi worthy; you've even got bright shoes (which I love!). Yea 30 for 30 round two!!

• Cassandra Igo 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Yay! I'm glad you're doing the 30 for 30 again. :) I'm jumping on the bandwagon once again as well.And I adore your shoes! They are so bright and cheerful!

• innercupcake 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I just just finished my 30 for 30 posts, so I also have mixed feelings about doing this round of it. Aaaand wound up signing up- glad to see I'm not the only one going through this thought process!

• Grace 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I love this outfit! Great blouse. You look so happy!xx Gracestripesandsequins.com

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>You go girl!BTW, I like the way you "tied" your belt. Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

• hayley 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I really like that blouse, good deal!And I fully understand being on the fence about the 30/30, as thats where I am too.

• Rebecca 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Hey, I'm thinking about trying that 30 in 30 challenge, too. I loved all of your outfits last round. It's just so intimidating…Coffee and Inspiration

• Kristen 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Yay for another 30×30! I'm glad you decided to participate again. You're one of my favorite remixers.

• Liz (26 and Counting) 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I really need to start scouting photo locations. I also really could use a photographer….oh the dilemma's of the style blogger. Glad to hear you're doing the challenge again. I don't think I can resist either.

• pam@Over50feeling40 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I just discovered your blog and this outfit is so cute!! I love your scarf and shoes… I am going to post you on my blog as the new friend I met today!!

• thedailyfashionista 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>hmmm..I'm definitley going to pass this round of 30 for 30. It just takes me way longer than 30 days to complete them! haha!! But good luck to you!! I'll have fun check out everyone else's outfits.

• Trophyboutique 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>We both totally wore red flats today. Yours are shiner than mine, and therefore I am jealous. I would totally pose by that palette if I could, too! I think I'm gonna do the remix too….if only to keep myself from shopping!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Cute Outfit. I think about doing 30 of 30 this time. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>You look SO cute! I love the cuffed jeans, the belted scarf and how your shoes pop against the background. You look awesome!I've never done a 30 for 30 so I think I might be in for this one…

• Emily 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I was totally thinking the same thing when I saw her post that today but I think I'm going to bite the bullet.

• Kara 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I love your outfit! I think this has all of my favorite elements…comfy, nudes, and bright shoes! You look adorable.

• the {PostScript} blog 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Hey I'm a newbie to the 30X30 and was thinking about joinin' up! I'm kinda terrified that I'll run out of ideas tho haha. By the way, I have my bangs cut just like yours, except they don't look as.. full/messy (love that look) do you use any special products on them?

• Alessandra 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I'm in, too. I finished the previous one in early December, but it still feels so soon. Although I have a feeling that the more we do, the better we get! This time around I'm going to do what you did last time – plan 29 items and save one to break in case of emergency!

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Super Great photo shoot and as always you look great too!!

• classiq 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>really nice outfit

• BetweenLaundryDays 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I'm thinking SERIOUSLY about doing the 30 for 30 this time. February in Chicago is pretty steady in terms of weather (read: shitty), so I shouldn't have too many surprises. Hm…Also, LOVE these red flats!

• Jessica Zigenis 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I'm going to try it for the first time! Eek! So nervous. ps. I love this outfit. My go-to basic outfit is a button up with jeans and flats. It makes me smile. : )

• Simply Bubblelicious 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Great Location! I too decided to do the winter 30 for 30. I sucked at the last one. Hopefully I make better choices this time round. Loving your ballet flats btw. Carlahttp://wwwsimplybubblelicious.blogspot.com/

• Rlutz 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>love the way you tied your belt! Great pop of red with the flats!

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I love this outfit – it looks great on you and the shoes are tres cute. The way you've folded the belt over is a great touch, too!xo,Carrie

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Hey and ps – have you entered for those Minnetonka boots yet? If you haven't (and want to) please do! The winner gets a choice of boots or shoes and they are com-fy! :)

• Kayla 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>That's quite a thrifty amazing outfit you've got on there. I'm considering doing this round of the 30 for 30 too. So nervous! Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

• Rachel 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>those shoes make me happy :)

• Jadore-fashion 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Lovely outfit!xoxoStellahttp://www.jadore-fashion.com/

• marie a la mode 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>K I love this! The color palette is perfect!

• Girl and Closet 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Gorgeous pictures and outfit. You look so great, it's very laid back chic. Love the hair, shoes, belt …well basically all of it!

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>This outfit is great, I love the belted scarf. Good luck witht he 30 for 30!

• Katie 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I'm a 30 for 30 virgin. It sounds difficult, especially a winter edition where I live in Arizona. But like you, I enjoy a challenge. Cute outfit and props on the background!visit http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/

• Tiffany 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>ahh I totally thought of Kendi when I saw the first photo load! I'm signed up for the 30×30, but I finished the last round in Dec. Maybe give yourself some time to enjoy the rest of your wardrobe? Or start late?

• orchidsinbuttonholes 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I love those red ballet flats with the indigo and mix of neutrals, and the texture and drape of that scarf is such a fantastic detail!

• Passportglamour 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>you look adorable — love how you shop on a budget and still look so fab you go girl stop by sometime<3http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

• OnTheRacks 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Love this outfit! The red shoes are the perfect touch. :)xx Laura

• terramcbride 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Fantastic location :) Also, you're a brave woman going for a back-to-back 30×30. But I KNOW you can do it. And I cannot wait to watch you do it!

• Leslie 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>just signed up for the 30/30 challenge…i am first timer, so go easy on me. Looking forward to Feb1st! http://www.theglammom.com

• rose&violette 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I'm also signed up for the 30 for 30! I missed the challenge this automn, so I wanted to try it in winter (I did it last summer). Hope it won't be too hard! http://roseetviolette.blogspot.com

• brittneynsmart 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>aah! i've been searching for red flats just like yours! love. no, seriously. LOVE. i like them paired with the drapey shirt, and they're perfect for the effortless chic vibe of this entire ensemble.-brittneyhttp://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I love the belted scarf and fun shoes! And I'm trying to decide whether to join the 30 for 30 this time. I did it this summer, and I think I'm due for another go-round. The fact that you're doing it after you just recently finished is motivation!!

• Anonymous 02/01/2011 at 3:22 am

>The best thing I ever found was anUnlocked BlackBerry Pearl. It saved me a ton of money.

• Sarah Beth 01/19/2011 at 4:01 am

>I adore this outfit! I love how to tucked the neck scarf in the belt also- very chic :) and I agree the background is great for photos~