>Project ReStyle: My First Foray into Fabric Flowers…

01/23/2011 22 Comments

>Project ReStyle: My First Foray into Fabric Flowers…

01/23/2011 22 Comments

APPRestyle3(1)

APPRestyle3(2)
APPRestyle3(4)
APPRestyle3(3)

I recently rediscovered this silk Express blouse in my closet during a purge session. It’s survived in there for about five years, not because it’s a particularly great fit, but because I’ve always loved the pattern. I’ve been browsing tons of tutorials for fabric flowers, and I thought I’d give it the old college try. Let me tell you, those little blossoms are tougher than they look! I started to do a how-to based on this video from Threadbanger, but things got ugly and a few steps turned into a few dozen, and between all the frustrating madness, Doak got his little paws on the almost-finished product and decided he wanted to play tug-of-war with my delicate little flower that took me over an hour to make. Grrr….

In the end, I chased down the dog, pulled a soggy flower from his toothy grips, pinned it to my denim jacket with a safety pin and called it a day. It’s not my favorite ReStyle, but it’s not too bad for my first try!
Rest assured, it won’t be the last time I tackle fabric flowers over this year of projects. Next time, I’ll be sure to share a step-by-step.
3 down, 49 to go!

• Trophyboutique 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Can you come over and make me a plaid flower? I think it would be fun! I will let your dog eat some of my dog's treats. It'll be super fun.

• Michelle 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>oh another restyle. it's great! i love crafts, especially one that costs nothing. good job :)

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I Really like it. I like the size it is.. well done.. yay! for you!!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>It look very cute. It funny how dogs think everything is theirs.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Linda 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>You did a great job! Your restyle projects have been so fun. Doak needs a little flower, too. xo

• Mireille Marchand 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Very nice… it gives me idea! Thank you!

• Natalie 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Love it! It looks like it turned out great, and I appreciate the link. It's funny…I pulled the flower I wore out of my dog's mouth today too! :)

• Minute Obsessions 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Cute flower and pup!I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award. Not sure if it is appropriate bloggy ettiquette, so if you consider it blog chainmail, let me know!

• Faith D. 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I just found your blog a few weeks ago, and I love following it! You inspire me to re-imagine my wardrobe. Thank you!

• Kayla 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Love this idea. Adorable. Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

• Running on Happiness 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I love this. It really makes your outfit! You give me the best inspiration.visit http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/

• Delane 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I love your dog!!! Labradoodle?

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Close! He's a Goldendoodle. He'll be 2 years old next month, and he's my little angel baby ;-)

• Samantha 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Love it, what a great idea!!-Samanthahttp://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

• Courtney 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I had that shirt, too, except in red. I'm pretty sure it went to the thrift store ages ago.

• meredith 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>lovely for sure girl! they can get pretty addicting to make too. ;) YOURS, MINE AND OURS

• Cygrazilda 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Fashionable as well as excellent can boost your self-confidence as well as keep you constantly in fashion.http://www.watchnation.net/tag-heuer.htm

• Stkarentsu 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>now turn into the primary purpose why individuals choose branded custom fashion designhttp://www.geekwatches.com/

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Well dog-slobbered or not, I think it looks great! My dog Ellie likes to "assist" me during projects too, especially when they're food related!

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Leslie 01/23/2011 at 8:40 pm

>Can't wait to try…I have attempted a few wool/tweed varieties, but the fraid edges get me every time…stay tuned! http://www.theglammom.blogspot.com. ww.heimersrock.blogspot.com