>Project ReStyle: Another T-Shirt Revival

01/31/2011 29 Comments

>Project ReStyle: Another T-Shirt Revival

01/31/2011 29 Comments

Restyle4(1)

This ReStyle actually came about when I was rifling through the laundry looking for my 30 for 30 pieces yesterday. This super-soft, super-long American Rag tank is one of my favorite things in my closet, and I’ve had it since C and I first moved in our house about five years ago. Imagine my dismay to find it in the laundry room, with a mysteriously chewed off strap.

I have a sinking suspicion of who the culprit may be…

Restyle4(2)

Lucky for him, I knew just what to do to reincarnate my old striped friend… but instead of using the technique I used in the first go-round, I thought I’d try my real-life-BFF Anne’s take on my first tutorial. It creates more of a scarf look than a necklace, and you guys know I love a scarf ;-)

Apparently I’m not the only one who’s attached to this tee… Doak laid on it the entire time I tried to work on this project (all five minutes, that is — this is a super quick DIY).

Just like the first time, I cut off the hem and cut the shirt into strips, except this time instead of cutting all the way through, I left a couple of inches before reaching the seam. It keeps the scarf all in one piece and lets you skip a step at the end — great thinking, Anne

Restyle4(3)

Then I stretched out the strips like before. Easy peasy!

Restyle4(4)
Since Doak was such a {not} great helper, I made him his own little scarf with the top of the tank.

Which he wore for two minutes, and then proceeded to destroy.

Restyle4(5)

4 down, 48 to go!

• what to do if your dog barks a lot 03/09/2014 at 4:29 am

I will immediately clutch your rss as I can
    not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly lett me recognise in order that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.

• T-shirt Necklace | Just Nora. 07/26/2013 at 2:36 pm

[…] worn, extremely cheap T-shirt into a necklace. I was browsing a A Pretty Penny, when I saw this post so I decided to go for it and hack up my old T-shirt and make something beautiful. I didn’t […]

• Mimi Jay 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>So cute! Cant wai to see you style this. My dog likes to be involved in whatever I'm doing too!

• From Suns To Moons 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>This looks great and I love the dog's version too. It's very "mommy and me."

• Mimi Jay 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Doak likes to be involved in everything huh? Thats how my dog is! Anyway! What a cute idea…you did a great job…cant wait to see you style it with something:)

• Kara 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Cuteness!

• Lula 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Fantabulicious!

• Jenn @ Peas & Crayons 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>awww i'm glad this project is bopping around blogland! Anne and I made them within a day of eachother and now your super cute scarf is a perfect addition to ours! <3 The stripes look awesome in a loopy scarf! <3xoXOxoJenn @ Peas & Crayons

• Michelle 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>ohhhh i love this…looks great on the pup!

• Jess 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Great idea! I have never seen that before. And you pup is adorable :)

• Kristen 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>What a clever idea! And I love that you made your pup his own little scarf.

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This is such a great idea! Wish I've seen this earlier this month, I got rid of so many printed, screen tees, they would've been perfect! Well I'll soon find another one! … Loved the guilty pup!http://blog.cessoviedo.com

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This looks Great Keira, Love the stripes .Hugs!!!

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>your dog is such a great model :) Just Better Together

• Katy_Rose1 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I said this last time I REALLY need to try this. I've got a number of t-shirts that could be made into one of these great necklaces. Adding it to my to-do list. – Katy

• Mireille Marchand 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Nice again… I must do that! Have a nice day! Mireille

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I'm so going to have to try this out one day.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Lidi @ Eclectic Flair 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Doak is soooooo cute!!

• Jessica Zigenis 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>haha This is all too familiar to me. Except my pups enjoy chewing DVDs. So random. It would be funny if I weren't a movie fanatic. I shed a tear each time I find a new movie on it's death bed. Aren't dogs just grand?

• Victoria 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Very smart! I'd like to see it on you.http://lifeisfullofbeautiful.blogspot.com/

• Bunnie Bee Jewelry 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This is such a great project re-style. I love how easy it is!! Your pup is too cute!!….and good luck with the 30 for 30.

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This way looks a little easier than the first, which did you prefer?

• Dreambookdesign 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This is so rad. I just found your blog through a friend. I love love love your style and LOVE your pup! I have a boxer and a puggle! Check them out if you want at my site http://www.dreambookdesign.com! I will be following your stuff from now on! Thanks for the inspiration!<3,Adriwww.dreambookdesign.com

• Lucy Trujillo 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Your dog is adorable and I the scarf is cute!

• lorena 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Great job ! how very creative…. and i adore the culprit.

• Courtney 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>LOVE THIS! I'm always wondering what to do with tank tops that are too stretched out to wear.

• MadeByTrisha 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Hi! I found your blog through the 30 for 30 list. Love your items, but I had to comment on this– great idea to not cut through the edge! Genius!I'm also participating in 30 for 30: http://madebytrisha.blogspot.com/

• kelsey williams 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Genius! Can't wait to try.

• Rebecca 01/31/2011 at 1:32 am

>I'm literally going into my closet RIGHT NOW to fine a shirt to do this to. I love it! Coffee & Inspiration