>Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

02/04/2011 19 Comments

>Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

02/04/2011 19 Comments

2-3-11
Awkward:
– The little girl that walked into my shop this afternoon and yelled, “ewwww… it stinks in here!” Guess the smell of fresh flowers isn’t for everyone.
– Picking up the dog from the groomer yesterday and hearing that she thinks your dog is “insecure and timid.” If you had to stand on a table with your head in a restraint every time you went to the salon, you probably wouldn’t be too eager to see your stylist either, lady.
– Taking an order from a customer over the phone for Valentine’s Day, and being asked to come up with something romantic and original for his girlfriend’s card.
Awesome:
– That Valentine’s Day balloon behind my head in the photo above, which is in the shape of dice and says, “Wanna Get Lucky?
– The recent epiphany I seem to have had about floral design — as of this week, I think I’m finally getting the hang of it!
The Pioneer Woman‘s free Photoshop actions (I used “Fresh and Colorful” on the photo above).
– Carrie’s recipe for X and O S’mores
Awkward AND Awesome:

• domain 09/29/2014 at 11:31 pm

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something which helped me. Kudos!

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Cool dice balloon!Just Better Together

• terramcbride 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>And just what does one write when they're asked to be romantic for someone else? Because what I would write wouldn't come across like something a man would write. And your groomer? Jerk. :) I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it but still. Jerk.

• kelsey williams 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Ha! I like your awkward AND awesome addition :)

• fashiontherapist 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Hahaha. I mean really, did someone really ask you to come up for wording on their V-day order???

• Kristen 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>This was a perfect 'awkward and awesome'. Your 'awkward' bullets had me actually giggling out loud.

• Noas'Libellule 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>A great awkward and awesome!

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Ahahaha!! Kids are so crazy. I totally did that very same thing at the cheese shop earlier this week. Prolly not as funny though. heheI'm so glad you liked the s'mores. They are fun and, although time consuming, really pretty easy to make. Thanks for the shout out! xo,Carrie

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>YES! And what's even crazier is he didn't like my "first draft" and told me to do better and try again!

• lorena 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>HahahaaaI am so laughing at the little kid!AND HOW DARE SHE say that about your dog ? !Ok, now I thought the ballon would read "Wanne get laid?" – I know how very unromantic of me.

• Carmia 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Just catching up on Bloglovin' for the first time in a week or two and realised I've actually been missing Awkward and Awesome! Thanks for sharing the Photoshop tutorials – want to start posting some pics but must first learn how to make them look half decent…

• Courtney 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I love little kids no matter what they say. I used to have really bad acne and a kid asked me, "Do you got bug bites on yo' face?" LOL

• Chelsey Hancock 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Ahhh don't you love A&A Thursdays? :) I love that family photos link and that little girl comment is hilarious! I taught swim lessons in high school and the best part of the day was comparing all of the kooky things little kids said! owenandchelsey.blogspot.com

• Carla 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>U have such the cutest blog! The little girl comment made me giggle, thanks for that. Kids says the silliest things.

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Super cute Picture. I love walking in to flower shops b/c of the smell. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• becky 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>i've been a floral designer for 10 years now, and it never ceases to amaze me how many crazy things we deal with over our careers! im only 28, and i think i really only started to "get" the floral design part when i was 21….. from there on its gravy! what is your shop called? becky

• Audrey Cooper 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I love your awkward/awesome list. I'm a new follower. Come check out my blog and enter my giveaway. I think you'll like it.Audreywww.livingfoxy.com

• Ibleedipnk 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>What a fun list!! That Boyfriend sounds lame.

• Anonymous 02/06/2011 at 9:02 am

>Ola gostavas ganhar dinheiro na internet?, aparece em http://www.ganhardinheiroonlinefacil.blogspot.com/ com muitos modos para ganhar dinheiro na internet sem ter de por nada………