>4/30: Easy Does It

>4/30: Easy Does It

02/07/2011 24 Comments

4of30(1)
40f30(2)
3of30(3)
4of30(4)
Sunny Leigh tunic (Macy’s clearance, $9), Madison cardigan (Belk clearance, $11), black studded leggings (Beall’s, $9), Payless knot ballet flats ($19.99)

Things are about to get pretty crazy around here. Valentine’s Day is just 7 days away, and it’s the single biggest day of the year for florists. Our shop has designed and delivered as many as 400 arrangements on February 14th’s in the past, and I’m both super excited and a little nervous about our first major holiday as shop co-owners!
If things are a little quiet around APP over the next several days*, just think of me cleaning 90 dozen roses and thousands of other flowers, taking hundreds of phone calls, and organizing and managing a seasonal staff that’s more than twice the size than normal.
* I have the best of intentions of staying on track with my 30 for 30 this week, but I’m throwing out this disclaimer, just in case ;-)

• Andrea 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>For some reason thinking about your week reminds me of that movie from last year, Valentine's Day and Ashton Kutchers character. Best of luck with your big week!

• JoAnn, Sidewalk Chic 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Oh gosh, good luck with your busy season! I hope everything goes well. I have to wonder, though, for Valentine's Day: Do you ever get any unusual requests as a florist? (Like really obscure flower types or elaborate displays or silly messages on the cards) I would imagine during Valentine's Day season, people feel inspired to be pretty creative …I really like the blues in this outfit.

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I love how you added in that color palette ! What a great idea and I love those colors together.Here's hoping that business is GREAT but not stressful!

• Trophyboutique 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>This is exactly how I pose for outfit photos in my wildest dreams. Okay, maybe not my WILDEST dreams, but you get what I mean.

• CindyRex 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>The color of that sweater looks fantastic! Cute outfit!

• hayley 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>love the color of your sweater and the watch is adorable.

• Monica 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>I LOVE how you're adding a square with just the colors you wore that day! Awesome! :)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Thanks! I picked up the watch at Wal-Mart a few months ago for $12 ;)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Haha! This is my home-after-a-12-hour-Friday-sit-on-the-couch-and-can't-get-up-but-I-need-to-stay-on-track-for-my-remix pose {whew!}

• Leslie Heimer 05/17/2011 at 12:33 am

>Love the shots- your vibe is so comfy/cozy!!! Good luck on Vday my friend!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Oh man, like the weirdest requests! Last week a guy asked me to write a romantic note to his girlfriend on his card message, and another guy just came into today and asked me what kind of flowers he could buy in black. Or they want the rarest most expensive flowers available, and when I tell them the price and that I'd have to make a special order, they look at me like I'm nuts. It's quite an adventure, and we're only just getting started!

• Sbsteagall 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I really love this post! The outfit is really cute :) Good luck on v-day! I'm sure everything will go well!

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Good luck to all the deliveries for Valentines Day!!! We have the same flats from Payless :) Just Better Together

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Your look so comfy. Good Luck with V-Day.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Kelly-Fashion Fuel 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Good luck with all the V-day craziness at the flower shop!!!

• wrinkleddollar 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I really like how you incorporate an image of the color palette! -Jessicawrinkleddollar.blogspot.com

• Jessica 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Wow, good luck!And i love those blues!

• Jessica Bruner 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I really like those studded leggings. Good luck with Valentine's Day coming up!

• Smatzy 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>you are the cutest!cheers!xoSarahwww.asgoodasherpetals.blogspot.com

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Good luck with V-day!!

• Kellie 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Cool leggings! I imagine it must be nuts on Valentine's Day…good luck!

• Alessandra 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Good luck with Valentine's madness. You look adorable even in easy does it mode!

• Katie W 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I really love leggings with details like this!And I also love the color blocks you're adding to reflect your theme. It's so much easier for me to translate an outfit of yours that I like when I just have to think about the colors (my brain can't handle colors, cuts, and textures…)!

• Sistandsist 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am