>9/30: Pardon the Interruption

02/17/2011 24 Comments

>9/30: Pardon the Interruption

02/17/2011 24 Comments

9of30(1)
9of30(2)
9of30(3)

Well guys, I did it. I survived my first Valentine’s Day in the flower business. Thanks for all the well-wishes and encouraging messages over the last few days!
Sorry things were a little quiet around here, but a long weekend of 12-hour days crammed with wrangling phones, cleaning flowers, and organizing hundreds of deliveries didn’t leave much time for blogging. We designed and delivered nearly 300 arrangements between Friday and Monday, and closed the shop on Tuesday to rest up and recover.
Even though we worked our tail feathers off, I’m so thankful for a successful holiday! Every time I felt myself getting tired or overwhelmed, I thought of how incredibly blessed we are to be busy when so many people and small businesses are struggling right now.
Did you get flowers for Valentine’s Day? I’d love to see what other shops around the country sent out on Monday. Email me a photo of your flowers from your sweetie, and I’ll put together a post so we can share the “love”! Send your photo to aprettypennyblog[at]yahoo[dot]com with Valentines Flowers in the subject line.

• Jessica Bruner 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>love the necklace! super cute!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>I'm so glad you made thru V-day. You look super cute.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Bestfootforward Kate 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>So happy that you made it through your stressful time! Loving this outfit…where is that fabulous necklace from?

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>It's actually two necklaces! One is Stella & Dot (available here: http://stelladot.com/sites/cathyhayes/productcatalog?page=productdetail&sku=N1009S) and the other is from Charlotte Russe — one of my go-to places for cute, inexpensive jewelry.

• Victoria 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Love the lace popping out. Great outfit

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:34 am

>Oh my goodness, I love that necklace and the lace top! I'm so glad that you had a good holiday and you survived! That was smart to take off the next day too. You certainly look bright-eyed and well rested! Hope you're feeling good!

• Kristen 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Woohoo! Congratulations on not only surviving, but seemingly thriving on your 1st Valentine's Day in the business. :)Glad to have you back though. Been missing your pretty face & adorable ensembles around here…

• Jenluvzyou 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Congrats! Here's to many more! That necklace is just fabulous! And of course, so is the rest of your outfit!

• Michelle 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>i'm sure surviving was a task! glad you made it through. :)

• wrinkleddollar 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Congrats on your first successful V-day. I love the pop of lace in this outfit. -Jessicawrinkleddollar.blogspot.com

• Kellie 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Whew, glad you made it! :)

• AFashionFixation 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Congrats for surviving your first year in the florist business Keira and I love your hair like that!

• Elizabeth 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>Surviving Valentine's Day and a great outfit to boot! You're making the rest of us look bad!

• november grey 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Love love love that chain necklace!xxwww.novembergrey.com

• Kara 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Congrats on surviving! I'm sure you were fantastic.

• Vida Crystal 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Congrats on surviving the first of hopefully many! When I was younger I dreamed of opening up my own shop. Now I do photography and get to photography your beautiful arrangements (and still would not-so-secretly love a part-time job in a flower shop)!Call Me Life

• Alessandra 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Yay, you're back! Glad you survived the Valentine's madness.What a gorgeous outfit on you – such pretty colors and lovely necklaces.

• La Vie En Broke 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>loving your necklace!! glad you survived!–la vie en BROKE–http://jennachristine.blogspot.com/

• LORENA 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>You look absolutely fabulous in green :)This year I did not get flowers…. my husband is on a business trip – WHICH IS NO EXCUSE!!!! :(Anyways, I'll send you last years….BTW I am linking a photo of you I found via glamour, but could not find the photo on your site…http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2010/09/27/0928best-dressed-reader_fa.jpgBut if you send me the link I can link directly and give you the credit.I am using the picture as "INSPIRED BY" in what I am wearing today-

• Lidi @ Eclectic Flair 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Yay, glad you made it! You look so pretty and happy in that first picture, love it! Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Jessica Zigenis 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Congrats! That's really exciting, and I bet you were a rock star during the whole stressful process. And congrats on this cute outfit! I love green on you, and that necklace is to die for.

• hayley 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Glad you made it through! love this outfit!

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I'm glad your valentine's day was a huge success!!

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I'm glad your valentine's day was a huge success!!