>11/30: A Lovely Saturday

02/20/2011 34 Comments

>11/30: A Lovely Saturday

02/20/2011 34 Comments

11of30(1)
11of30(2)
11of30(3)

Let me begin by saying that I’m one of my favorite people to hang out with. As in, sometimes I just need a laid back day by myself to do easy, girly things with no distractions or obligations. After working a few hours this morning, I spent a glorious afternoon browsing in a few department stores, picking up this month’s issues of my favorite magazines, and taking myself to lunch to pore over spring inspiration in Lucky and InStyle and just sit in quiet solitude. Then I came home and did a few ReStyle projects (stay tuned for those) while listening to Bridget Jones’ Diary on iTunes — a book I’ve read at least twice and seen the movie version more than a dozen times.
For some people, this probably sounds totally boring and lame. But it was exactly what I needed to reset and regroup after the last couple of weeks. On the agenda tomorrow: another long-overdue day date with one of my other favorite people to hang out with — my adorable husband :)

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Sounds like you had a great day

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Sounds like you had a great day

• applesandpencils 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Sounds like my kind of day, and I like the pretty polka dots and ruffles!

• applesandpencils 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Sounds like my kind of day, and I like the pretty polka dots and ruffles!

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I love those kind of days!! I can't wait until we can spend a few hours together catching up!

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• erin 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>not boring or lame! totally my kind of day.. i could do a whole weekend of hanging out with myself! and i LOVE listening to audio books… listened to a play-away while i cleaned out my car this afternoon. and now… i'm going to go dig out my long-lost polkadot shirt and try to pair it with something like this for the coming week! thanks for the inspiration :)

• Jeanna 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Totally understand! Sometimes it's nice to just have a relaxing day full of mindless frivolity. Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me!

• Hbarnes 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Your day actually sounds AMAZING. I'm one of those people that can't recharge around a large group of people – a day to myself would be amazing. Glad you enjoyed it and I LOVE this outfit :)

• andie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Love this cardigan, and you day is enviable :-)http://nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com/

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>i'm glad you find some time for yourself :) Just Better Together

• Michelle 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Sounds like the most perfect day to me :)

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I love those quiet moments with myself like right now, early morning post catching up before anyone is awake and my day has started…

• la vie en BROKE 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I'm totally doing that today…grabbing some coffee and spending hours over magazines and shopping on my own! great outfit too, that sweater is so cute–la vie en BROKE–http://jennachristine.blogspot.com/

• Leslie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>those moment are best! you deserve it lady – enjoy :-)

• Leslie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>those moment are best! you deserve it lady – enjoy :-)

• Katie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>That doesn't sound lame at all! That is totally one of my favorite things to do as well! Actually, I can never understand it when people find this weird! Glad you had a nice afternoon for yourself! :)

• Esra 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I'm the exact same! I love my own company lol. Think everyone needs time to themselves from time to time. Not lame at all!

• Evelyn 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>i adore days by myself. No one to judge you when you curl up on the couch for hours reading a romance novel and drinking a bajillion cups of tea.

• marcella 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>sweet outfits :)http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

• marcella 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>sweet outfits :)http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

• katou 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I totally agree with you, a girl needs some time alone to do her shopping, gather her ideas and inspiration.ps: love the ruffled cardigan so cute http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>What a beautiful cardigan!! You look great even when you're having a laid back day! **Jealous**http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• Prettylifeanonymous 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>That day sounds HEAVENLY. So fun. Love love love that cardigan!

• kaylahbanana 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Where is that cardi from? It is so cute! :)-Thrifty Affinity http://www.kaylahbanana.blogspot.com

• Trophyboutique 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Boring and lame? Try super perfect.

• Alessandra 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I totally understand and love being my own company sometimes.Your ruffled cardi is adorable on you.

• Samantha 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Ditto. I'm an only child so I learned to enjoy my own company a lot. Netflix was my friend this weekend, a few episodes of Republic of Doyle to catch up on :) (p.s. if you've never heard of it, check it out on CBC.ca! It's filmed in St. John's NL, my current home!)

• elizabeth 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>that sounds like an absolute perfect day! this cardigan is super cute.

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>It doesn't sound boring or lame at all. I have a lot of respect for people who can go out to eat by themselves, because it's not something I've ever been able to do. I just don't feel comfortable alone and I wish I could be more comfortable that way. Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• C. 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>That would be me, too. I basically spent the weekend all to myself (and occasionally shared it with husband, ha). Super excited to see more restyles — huuge fan of the necklaces!C.http://styleanon.blogspot.com

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Not boring and lame at all–it sounds like a great day to me. It's the perfect way for my introverted self to recharge!

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am