>Snack Attack: Easy-Chocolate-Covered-Peanut-Buttery-Goodstuff

02/21/2011 41 Comments

>Snack Attack: Easy-Chocolate-Covered-Peanut-Buttery-Goodstuff

02/21/2011 41 Comments

PBCookie

If we’re going to be friends, there’s something you should know about me. I’m a chocoholic. I have a raging, untamable, out-of-control sweet tooth and I’m pretty shameless about it. {My husband doesn’t share my affinity for sweets, but it doesn’t stop me from baking like it’s my job, because well… more for me}.

If you love dessert more than you love shoes, we’re soul sisters.

This little sweet and savory recipe is super easy, and you only need three ingredients and the most basic of kitchen skills. In fact, I don’t even think you can call it a “recipe.” If you can make a PBJ and you know how to properly dunk an Oreo, you’ve got this one in the bag.

Read more for the scoop.

You’ll Need:
Ritz crackers (or similar salted rounds)
Peanut Butter
Semi-sweet chocolate (I prefer Ghirardelli baking bars, but chips work, too!)

PBCookie1 PBCookie2
Spread peanut butter on a cracker, then smoosh it into a lovely little PB cracker sandwich.
Easy so far, right?

PBCookie3 PBCookie4
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each to prevent scorching.
Are you still with me?

PBCookie5
Now… drop the cracker sandwich into the chocolate. And flip it over to cover the other side.
Hope no one’s feeling too overwhelmed at this point.

PBCookie6 PBCookie7
Fish it out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip off (or don’t, it’s whatever) and lay them on a sheet of foil or wax paper. Then pop them in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.

Even husband knocked a few of these back {shhh… don’t tell him I told you.}

PBCookie8 PBCookie9

• S. of Narrowly Tailored 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>can we be best friends? seriously! thanks for giving us this recipe — it looks fabulous!

• Rie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Ok – looks delish, I'm putting Ritz crackers on the shopping list!

• Faith D. 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I love this simple idea, and I LOVE the fact that you used real chocolate as opposed to nasty fake "chocolate melt disks". I'm totally going to make this! :-)

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Yummy Yummy !!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Looks very Yummyhttp://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Melanie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Yum! I'm going to have to try these!

• Emily 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>YUM. Wish I could eat those delicious little things. :O Look fab.x

• genevieve, sandbox romance 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Um, we share our major chocolate addiction. I think my boyfriend and roomie are concerned about the amount of cocoa I consume on a daily basis. These look SO SO yummy! Totally need to try this out. Hope you enjoyed the snack!

• genevieve, sandbox romance 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• Chelsey Hancock 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>i'm a total sucker for anything peanut butter + chocolate. Must try these asap!! Thanks for the recipe! Also, I totally tried out your newsprint tutorial and posted about it–love it!owenandchelsey.blogspot.com

• Chelsey Hancock 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• Melody 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Yum.. that looks so good!

• heidi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Oh, delicious!

• heidi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Oh, delicious!

• Caz 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>the mister loves PB & chocolate.. might pop to the store on the way home and get some ritz crackers, he can have a treat when he gets home for all the driving he did over the weekend.. :)thanks!

• Sara_ItsAboutTheLook 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Holy Crap-oly. I must make these. They look so easy but so delicious!!!

• Sasha 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Those sound delicious and like the perfect thing to bring the potluck-you-don't-have-time-for (you know how great sounding potlucks/work gatherings/etc are always during busy week? or at least they are in my life.)www.asparkleintime.blogspot.com

• Stef 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>*crunches lemon chocolate sweet* nope. not a chocoholic at all. ;)These look lovely. I eat copious amounts of sweets but I rarely make my own. I should definitely make more use of that kitchen :)

• Elle Sees 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>yes! i'll take a dozen. kthnx

• Stef 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• November Grey 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Oh my.. this looks amazing and I will definitely try! We could very well be soul sisters. (I did a chocoholic post here. Although, I wouldn't claim to like it MORE than shoes. I'll give both loves a good solid TIE. Adore you. xxNovember Grey

• Saxie5 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Those look delicious! Peanut butter + chocolate = You can't go wrong! Yum!

• Saxie5 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Those look delicious! Peanut butter + chocolate = You can't go wrong! Yum!

• Tessawilkes 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>My mouth is watering! You just made me even more hungry. -Tessawww.totallytessa.com

• Tessawilkes 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• Cait Scott 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>salty and sweet, chocolate and peanut butter…these were made for me. unfortunately, my sugar addiction was so out of control, I've had to take a two week break but these are now the first thing on my list to make when i am back at it.

• Angeline 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>omg this sounds delish (and so freakin' easy). I am so trying this.

• Angeline 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>omg this sounds delish (and so freakin' easy). I am so trying this.

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD.I'm drooling at my desk. Is this a normal reaction?

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD.I'm drooling at my desk. Is this a normal reaction?

• Natassja 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I am like you a chocoholic, I really have to try this recipe a.s.a.p I can't believe how simple it is to make this.

• caz 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Ok, so my photos aren't as great as yours… but I made these!!They were a smashing success!! the mister even took them to his work and VERY generously shared them with a colleague who gave it a thumbs up also! :)http://cazmonkeysaround.blogspot.com/2011/02/chocolate-covered-peanut-butter.html

• Breeanna 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>This looks so good! I want to try it!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You're a strong, strong woman.

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Love it!!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Yes. From one chocoholic to another, this is completely acceptable.

• Elizabeth Highsmith 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>you have given definition to my condition"shamelessly loves dessert more than shoes"amenpass the plate. and ghiradelli is hands down the best, soul sister!love your blog, ever delightful!

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I eat WAY too much chocolate, so naturally these are going on my must-make-soon list. The best part is how easy they look! And the worst part… I fear how quickly they will get eaten!

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Juliette 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>YUMMM!!! <3http://shoesnjules.onsugar.com/

• Myfashiontake 02/21/2011 at 6:00 am

>OMG!! This entry is making me salivating!! Will definitely try them out!