>13/30: Slow and Steady…

02/25/2011 31 Comments

13of30(1)
13of30(2)
13of30(3)
13of30(4)
wins the race (?)
At least, that’s what I keep telling myself.
While my first-time-30-for-30 friends are blowing through this challenge like it’s their job, I’m slowly making my way through this round of remixing (what else is new, right?). When I [compulsively] signed up for Kendi’s Winter 30 for 30, I seem to have completely overlooked the little things that coincided with the timing of this challenge… Like my first Valentine’s Day as a florist and the maternity leave of one of my most vital employees, which hasn’t left much time for downtime or blogging. Or sitting down, for that matter.
Yesterday was a mini-marathon, with a busy day at the shop, a board meeting after work for a charity event I’m involved with, and a trip to the grocery store to pick up supplies for a gift basket. When I finally made it home, I sat on the couch and fell asleep as C talked to me about important business things. Out cold at 8:00pm. He had to wake me up to feed me dinner, after which I conked out again. Hence, no posting, and another remix day lost.
I’ll get there, friends. Thanks for bearing with me!

• karen mouse 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I love that first shot – the flowers are gorgeous!Of course the outfit is great, too – love the sequins and the fringe!

• S. of Narrowly Tailored 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I'm definitely going slower this time around (though for a good cause, I think), but I think you're doing a great job. I've loved the looks you've created, at whatever pace you're on!

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I want your entire outfit! I love the sequins, and every time you wear the knotted cardi, I just die. And if you wouldn't mind, I also think I need that arrangement. :)

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

• chai love you 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>that is a GORGEOUS arrangement! loooove. :)

• chai love you 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>that is a GORGEOUS arrangement! loooove. :)

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I hope you had a more relaxed day today!Just Better Together

• Justine @ Just Better Together 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I hope you had a more relaxed day today!Just Better Together

• Kristen 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Hope things slow down for you soon! And I love this look. Sequins = perfectly glamorous. Even if you're overworked and exhausted. :)

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Okay well a. i see a sequin so you're still in the game and b. i love your sweater so c. you're doing waaaay better than i ever could have hoped and d. i love that arrangement!! e. off to bake brownies in lieu of doing a post. i'm sure that sends me to some sort of blogger purgatory, but at least i won't starve.xo,carrie

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Everyone does things at their own pace, so you take your time! Real life comes first anyway.That arrangement is beautiful! Is that one that you put together? I love it!Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• Elizabeth 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I actually loved that the last time around you finished so much later, it gave me more time to enjoy your outfits AND your insane crafting abilities! Keep up the good work (:

• heidi 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I'm assuming you spend a lot of time working on the bottom image of your post with the clothing. it never occurred to me, until just now, that there's a good chance that you take those photos of your clothes yourself and edited them. well, it adds a nice touch to your remix posts. they're appreciated. (is that corny?)www.aweekfromthursday.wordpress.com

• Sara K.S. Hanks 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Beautiful flowers! They literally made me gasp with delight. =)

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I love everything you have going on here. I love sequins. I love your cardigan, and I really love snap dragons! I always squeeze them and make them say "rawrr". :)http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• KimbraSue 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I love that cardigan.

• Prettylifeanonymous 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Holy cow! I don't know how you do it all! At least you look dang good doing it!!! Also, that floral arrangement could not be more stunning!!!!

• Claire Kiefer 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Just found you via Carrie and that top picture is GORGEOUS! You are so beautiful and those flowers are lovely.

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Thank you, Claire!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Thank you, Claire!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>That just made me giggle out loud ;-)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>That just made me giggle out loud ;-)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Not corny, awesome! Thanks for noticing :) When I picked all of my remix items, I edited all of them in Photoshop. It took a ridiculously long time, but I'm really happy with how they turned out.

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>I wish, Mel! I'm still working on the easy stuff — like putting a rose in a bud vase ;-)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Brownies come first. Always.

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:31 am

>Can you believe this cardi was just sitting on a clearance rack, waiting for me to buy it?! $12, Kim! $12!!

• Mel 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You look GREAT despite the crazy busy day!! That cardigan is adorable and the flowers are gorgeous!I also have to add that I love the way you edit your photos. They look very pretty!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You look great and doing a great job at 30 for 30http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I almost just spit out my water when I read that. :) I want to see some ofyour arrangements! :)

• Jess 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Those flowers look gorgeous! I got so excited yesterday when I saw some snapdragons at the grocery. I love your cardigan, it looks really comfortable and it's eyecatching without being overwhelming. You can do 30 for 30! I don't think Kendi ever said it had to be 30 days in a row ;)

• Lyddiegal 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>This is an adorable paring! I love the fun fringey accents on the cardi and stripe of sequins!