>15/30: Duplicated Date Night

02/28/2011 30 Comments

15of30(1)
15of30(2)
15of30(3)
15of30(4)

15of30(5)
Chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet, $12 – Similar), Simply Vera Vera Wang skinnies (Kohl’s sale, $19.99), Jessica Simpson Landen pump (Macy’s, 2009), Scarf (thrifted), Belt (m.marie, taken from this tunic), Feather Clutch (ReStyled!
I liked Kendi’s Day to Date Night post so much this weekend, I nearly carbon-copied her date night look for a Japanese hibachi dinner with C last night. Now, if I could just get my hands on everything in Kendi’s closet, dressing myself would get a whole lot easier!
Oh, welcome to my front door. I’d let you in, but then you’d see the huge purple stain on the carpet in the entryway where Doak destroyed my Revlon Just Bitten lipstain pen last week. We’re getting estimates on laminate flooring next week, but until they’re installed, we’ll just stay and chat out here, mmkay?

• andie 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>The textures in this outfit are amazing!http://nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com/

• Kate @ Undeniable Style 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>new to your blog, adorable outfit. I'm so happy 30×30 is finally over. ;)

• BetweenLaundryDays 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I LOVE the belted scarf! You look absolutely gorgeous, and just perfect for a date night!

• Andrea 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Ha – I love Doak's face in the window!Have you tried Spot Shot? Griffin opened up and played in my super long lasting (and very red) lip gloss on the carpet last week and it got it right out. Three baths later and he still has red splotches on his legs but the carpet is good as new!

• Siena Style 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>you look perfect!

• Lupe9796 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love the photo taken with a natural/normal lense. For some reason the blue/green hue you've been using really bothers me. It's like I can't really tell the true colors of what you're wearing. This is a cute outfit.

• Kayla 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Oh I feel your pain on animals destroying carpet. I had to pay an apartment complex to redo the carpet because my dog destroyed it while I wasn't home one day. That was no fun. Oh and I need Kendi's closet too. Can we share? Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

• Mary 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>oh my word that feather clutch is amazing

• grace - stripes & sequins 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>looking fab!i LOVE this feather clutch – so crafty.featured you in my weekly link round-up today.xx gracestripesandsequins.com

• Kara 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You look gorgeous! I love the scarf and bag…such pretty details. Do you edit your pictures? They always look so wonderful.

• Elizabeth 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I hope I can ask this in a non-weird way.. have you lost weight? You look fabbbulousss in this get-up.

• Emily 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love the last picture where Doak is looking out the window like, "Don't believe anything that woman says."

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>LOOOOVE the way you styled the scarf in this outfit! Hope you had a great date night!Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• eclecticflair 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love the picture with Doak sneaking in for the picture through the window! Yeah, with dogs having no carpet is a lot easier!Great date look too! Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>So in love with the clutch! is so amazing, my creative mind feels inspired! Wish you a lovely week doll! xxhttp://blog.cessoviedo.com

• Erin and Caroline 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love your top — this is a cuuute date outfit! :D- Caroline (http://keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

• Jen 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Your outfits are so cute! They make me wish I could wear skinny jeans. Sigh, I don't have the body type for that :)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try. Our carpet is way beyond repair, though. The lipstain incident was just the tip of the dirty, demolished iceberg ;-)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Just a little! But not on purpose, just as a result of running around a flower shop all day and longer guilt-induced walks with the dog because he's home alone more now (I used to work from home). I'm really petite — only about 5'3" — so 5 lbs always looks like a major weight loss or gain. Plus, a belted waist always works magic ;-)

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep that in mind when I'm editing. Sometimes, because of the time of day when we snap photos, they just turn out a little bluish, and the filters I use probably don't help.

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You can make one, too!

• rachel @ be.mine 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love you in this outfit. Shoot, I'd love me in this outfit. It’s sophisticated and chic. Nicely styled.http://designrefinebemine.blogspot.com/

• Rochelle 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Great outfit and that scarf adds so much to it! That last picture with Doak is adorable!

• Rochelle 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>P.S. Your clutch goes perfectly with it as well! Great job on the DIY!

• Sorren Isler 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>You belt this scarf so perfectly! I'm so envious, I still haven't figured it out/gotten brave enough to try it.

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I've been waiting to see that awesome clutch with something. Love it! http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com

• Prettylifeanonymous 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>why am I the only one who cannot pull of the belt scarf look? You look SO cute. My experience doing that left MUCH to be desired.

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Great look. I hope you had a good date night.http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Cynthia 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love love love that scarf! Such a cute date night outfit.

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>oh em gee woman you look amazing. yes amazing – just like bachelor brad says. only i really mean it!! i love your belted scarf and honey i need to diy up that feather clutch. first i need to haul to target and find a poufy feather duster like yours. that idea is genius. i think i love you!! but not in a creepy way. promise.xo,c