>Snack Attack: Pizza Puffs

02/28/2011 19 Comments

>Snack Attack: Pizza Puffs

02/28/2011 19 Comments

PizzaPuff
Are you guys ready for another quick and easy, husband-approved weekend bite? I stumbled across this recipe for Pizza “Cupcakes” on Tasty Kitchen — one of my favorite resources for recipes —  and was pleasantly surprised to find all of the ingredients in my kitchen! Even better, they were a delicious snack while C and I cuddled on the couch and watched My Life as Liz {does anyone else love that show?} before heading to the pool for an afternoon of beach volleyball and sunshine. I heart Sundays off. And Florida.

Sorry northern friends.
Oh yeah, want the recipe? Just keep reading!

PizzaPuff1
Start with a cup of all purpose flour, a teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, and a dash of salt.

Combine them in a large bowl.
PizzaPuff2

Next, you’ll need a cup of milk, one egg, a cup of grated mozzarella (I like the fresh stuff) and 1/2 a cup of grated parmesan cheese
PizzaPuff3

Toss them all in, too, and give it a good whisk.
PizzaPuff4

Add your favorite pizza toppings. All I had around the house was some Boar’s Head hard salami from the deli, which worked just fine.
PizzaPuff5
 Doak loves salami.
{Note to self: giving him a slice will not make him go away.}
PizzaPuff6
I don’t actually own a muffin pan. It was one of the things on my list when C and I moved into our house {ahem, five years ago} and I just never got around to picking one up. Instead I always use these Reynolds baking cups any time I make cupcakes or muffins. They’re super easy and mess-free.

You can use a muffin pan or these baking cups, just make sure they’re minis. Add the batter to the cups (grease them first if you’re using a muffin pan) and bake in a 375 degree (F) oven for 18-22 minutes, or until they’re all golden and gorgeous.

Serve em’ up with warm marinara sauce.

• aaez 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>yum yum yum. i love the concept of of foods in cupcake form. have you seen the recipes for cupcake lasagna? both ideas genius :)

• Cupcakecult 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>These sound so yummy!

• Rebeccaray05 05/17/2011 at 12:32 am

>I love that show! She is so akwardly adorable!

• Bev Hendricks 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Thanks for sharing this super simple recipe. I can't wait to try it with my favorite pizza toppings – onions, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and maybe some artichoke hearts.

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Yummy and easy my two favorite things …..!

• laura 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>oh my, apple pie. (or pizza cupcakes…) those look delicious. and so simple too! I foresee many variations on these babies… thanks for sharing!

• Courtney 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>This made me very hungry. Looks yummy!!!xoxo,Courtney

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>These sound/look delish! … Although I should stay away from pizza in all it's form and shape, so going to try these pizza-cakes asap! xxhttp://blog.cessoviedo.com

• Liesl 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Yumminess! Plus, I am more of a salt and cheese type person than sweets person so this looks divine!Liesl :)

• Elizabeth 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Yummy! Definitely putting this on my list for next weekend! Thanks for sharing!

• Andrea 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>My kids would plow through those, must make!!

• heidi 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I love your snack attacks. They are always so brilliant and super easy to make.

• punk rawk purl 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>❤ it!

• Tiffany 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>I have to make these NOW. Pizza and cupcakes are my two favorite things. Here, in one dish? Perfect.

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Look yummy and would be great to make for partys. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• KimbraSue 05/17/2011 at 12:30 am

>Thanks for the recipe! I love baking/cooking.

• Juliette 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Yumm these sound SO good. And simple! I am definitely going to try it.http://shoesnjules.onsugar.com/

• Anonymous 03/21/2011 at 12:23 am