>20/30: A Little Hiatus

03/15/2011 34 Comments

>20/30: A Little Hiatus

03/15/2011 34 Comments

21of30(2)
20of30(1)
I’ve decided that this is going to be my last post….
In my 30 for 30. For now.
Sorry, I was going for the whole “shock and awe” effect to soften the blow.

I could give you all kinds of excuses to justify this, but here’s the gist of it: I’ve been faithfully following the rules of the 30 for 30 for the last six weeks, and I missed a lot of outfit posts along the way {and there were some cute outfits in there, which is a bummer}. I’ve lost all my momentum and motivation, and the idea of stretching out at least another two weeks — and that’s if I can post every day, doubtful — feels really grueling and kind of unachievable right now. And grueling and unachievable is not what this blog is about.
There are so many exciting things that I want to share with you guys… like more ReStyles and recipes and some cool brands I’ve partnered with, and I don’t want to put that off any longer. I will share my last 10 outfits with you, but it will probably be chopped up with other non-30-for-30 outfit posts and all the other stuff I just mentioned.
I know that quitters never win {even though I pinky-promise that I finished, and then some} and I hope you won’t think I’m a haggard slacker or beauty-school-dropout. If you came around for the 30 for 30, I hope you’ll stay around!

• […] you’ve followed for a while, you know I kind of tanked with the last 30 for 30. I… er, quit. This time around, I’m putting a lot less pressure on myself and just planning to enjoy the […]

• Kellie 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>No worries! I finished my 30 for 30 in life but never got to photograph my outfits. Wish I did, but I still had a fun time remixing for myself :)

• Sara S. 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I'll be sticking around for sure. I can tell you that it is refreshing to see someone who says "you know what, I'm not finishing this" even if its just for now. Know what is best for you is always the right thing. ;)

• Sara S. 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Elizabeth Highsmith 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>i like a good rule breaker-especially when it's as thought through and practical as yours! you've proven you've got what it takes in other 30 for 30 shindigs! and you're a restyle genius so enjoy your freedom!

• Elizabeth Highsmith 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• brittany d'lynne 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Well, I never even started the challenge, so who am I to judge! I can't wait to see what Remixes you have in store!

• brittany d'lynne 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Emily 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I for one am livid. No, no I'm not. Can't wait to see some of those recipes!

• Twitch Vintage 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>don't tell the others, but I have never been a big fan of 30×30. I love the concept, but I just don't find it very entertaining. I look forward to your blogging freedom. :)

• Jessica Bruner 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I quit as well. I was no longer having fun with it. I need to participate in 15 for 15 challenges. Those would be right up my alley and I would finish them!

• Julianne 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I get bored of them very quickly, too. I much prefer seeing what creativity comes to a blogger as it comes, so I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

• eclecticflair 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Don't even worry about it! You DID finish the challenge, you followed the rules and I'm sure you learned a lot from it. Which really is the main point of the 30×30. Yeah, life got in the way and you weren't able to document every outfit and post it but that doesn't take a way the fact that you did accomplish what you set your mind to do. As a reader, i would never want you to feel forced to finish the challenge…happy blogger=happy readers. :D Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Oh no worries! I admire you so much just for joining, don't think I'd ever made it through the first couple of days, I enjoyed each and every outfit you posted, and think you did great!<3 Cess O.http://blog.cessoviedo.com

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>You're a better woman than I – I never even ATTEMPTED to do a 30 x 30! :) And I totally drool over that jacket!

• Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Ashley 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>First time commenter, though I've been reading for a little while now… don't feel bad about posting the content YOU want to post. I got pigeon-holed by my blog content at one point, and when I finally decided that my scope was too narrow, it was so freeing to just open up and write what I wanted. So, ENJOY your posts and exciting news, we all enjoy reading about it :)

• Ashley 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>No worries, You should be happy in what you post about. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• goodframeofmind 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>There's nothing wrong with that lady, excited to see what else you have in store :)

• Katy_rose1 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Keira – I'm totally with you on the 30 for 30 hiatus. It's been a real struggle to try and get the last handful of outfits created and posted. I'm keeping with it but can't wait to be done and on to other things! – Katy

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I love that jacket! You are always so cute and put together! Love it!http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• andie 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I find it hard to take outfit pictures everyday too. Even when they're really cute and I want to share. Love your posts, in whatever form they take :-)http://nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com/

• andie 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• Daily Jo Haiku 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I did the same thing – I just didn't have the time to catch up. You're forgiven (not that you were seeking our approval, but you know . . .)

• Melissa 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Oh Keira. We love you for YOU, not for whether you take pictures of every single one of the 30 outfits or not. You're not a quitter. :) Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I'd say you're far from a quitter–just because you haven't taken pictures of every outfit doesn't mean that you haven't completed the challenge! And blogging is supposed to be fun, so just do what works for you! I'm excited to see what's coming up!

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• marie a la mode 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>I love this, Keira! Your jacket is so cute. And 20 for 30 is pretty damn good! So don't be hard on yourself. : )

• marie a la mode 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

• BetweenLaundryDays 05/17/2011 at 12:29 am

>Dude, don't EVEN worry about it. 20 days is pretty damn good. And it's definitely not quitting!Plus, I just love your final outfit! :)

• RelatableStyle 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>My two cents would be: Don't worry about it. Challenges are challenging, of course, but they are still meant to be FUN! As blogging is! Now I didn't participate in the 30 for 30 (because I wasn't sure I'd have the stamina), but I'm sure it's A-OK to end it right then and there and not look back if it sucks the fun out of fashion for you. Grueling and gruesome is certainly not what it should be :-) Relatable Style

• EnterKelly 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Its important that you enjoy what you're blogging about, so if that means pausing or ending the 30 for 30 early, do it if it makes you happy :). I'll keep reading!enterkelly.blogspot.com