>Dollar Deals

03/31/2011 39 Comments

033111(1)
033111(2)
033111(3)
033111(4)
Charter Club gingham button-up (thrifted, $1) | Romeo & Juliet Couture faux leather jacket (Hautelook, $39) | Simply Vera skinnies | Dollhouse sandals (Ross, $16)

I’m about to let you in on one of my secret little sweet spots. As much as I’d love to keep this little gem all to myself, in kindergarten we learned that sharing is caring. So I’m spilling the beans.
There’s a great little thrift store across the street from our shop {hint-hint local readers: Regenerations on Central Ave} that’s become one of my go-to shopping spots. I try to walk over at least once a week with $20 in cash and do a quick search through the racks. I keep a list of the season’s trends I’m lusting over, and see what I can recreate with secondhand items on a shoestring budget. A few of the things on my radar this spring: wide-leg jeans, pretty prints, delicate floral skirts and dresses, bold and vibrant color, and cute wear-to-work shorts. On my last trip, I picked up this gingham button up for a buck!
The store is always impeccably clean and organized, and you can usually find amazing deals on barely-worn designer labels and pretty vintage accessories. They receive new donations every day*, so the inventory is always new and fresh.
As a relatively new thrift shopper — I only started shopping secondhand after starting my blog! — I know the idea of thrifting can seem daunting and overwhelming. If you’re new to shopping secondhand and aren’t sure where to start, check out Jentine’s thrift tips!

* This store is where the items from all of my closet purges usually end up.

• Kristy Keim 04/03/2013 at 6:43 pm

Hey girl – I’m not sure if you still post or not but contact me, I have something to ask you!

• Rochelle 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Isn't it great to have a wonderful local thrift store! I have one that I bring in any clothes I don't want but I think I always find more stuff than I bring in!

• Ruby Girl 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>i LOVE this look! esp the top & shoes!! way to put together cheap chic. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>just a buck? … The idea of thrifting appeals more to me everyday, and even more when I see scores like that cute shirt! unfortunately for me there are none in Mexico or at least not where I live, would be a dream! … Love the way leather jacket gives an edgy look to the ginhams!<3 Cess O. The Outfit Diaries

• Jessica 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love the whole look! Where did you get the necklace?

• Enstylepedia 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>i love everything about this outfit! the necklace really brings it all together but i literally love every item you're wearing! gorgeous!

• Peggy 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>super love those cute sandals from ROSS!!

• Mary 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>oh my word I LOVE those shoes. so cute. and yes- thrift stores are a must!xoxo

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Thanks! It's from Beall's Outlet — a small discount retailer in Florida, like a little baby TJ Maxx ;-) I always buy jewelry from these kinds of outlets and discount stores.

• Rebecca Hammond 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I love this outfit!! Your shoes and your jacket are amazing!

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>You picked that shirt up for a dollar?! I zoomed in on the shoes RIGHT away, too. I love me some thrift…wish you lived closer – it would be so fun to go together!

• Keira Lennox 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Wouldn't you and Chef like a vacation home in Florida?!

• andie 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>love this! nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Great find, girl! And I need a leather jacket like WHOA. Jentine's tips are awesome. I was so glad when she came out with that post. I still get soooo overwhelmed, though!

• terramcbride 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>This entire look is wonderful. And so inexpensive. I feel a strange sense of pride for bloggers who find such badass looks for so little. Kudos!

• Alamodeetplus 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Loving the jacket and shoes! http://alamodeetplus.blogspot.com/

• goodframeofmind 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I'm envious of a clean thrift store! Those shoes are A-Mazing!

• Berni 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say it's lovely! You do a great job :) And I can't believe that shirt was only one dollar, that's amazing! Great outfit!!

• **CSP** 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Keira… I LOVE your shoes!!!

• Jessica Bruner 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love your shoes and your jacket. I just started enjoying thrifting and I am addicted. Sometimes the hunt is so fun!

• FrillsandRuffles 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Those sandals are adorable on you! Perfect with the rolled up skinny jeans. The green is like a neutral for with you black leather jacket and jeans.

• Katy_rose1 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Keira – Loving these shoes! And did you see that Indiana started a DIY network and first on the list of to-dos is the t-shirt necklace. Now I really need to try it for myself. – Katy

• Louise 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Just have to love a good bargain and this top is certainly a good one by the sounds of it. It looks great!

• dotty 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>the cuffs+heels combination is fantastic! and what a great deal on that shirt!

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Omg I just had my hand on those shoes.. They look so great..and you look Beautiful as always.

• Jennifer Rubin 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love your outfit and thrifty finds! I am a dedicated thrifter so I always love to hear of another bloggers adventures. Those sandals are adorable (I want a pair!) xoxo hummingbirdgirls.blogspot.com

• bridgetfossedal 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love your blog, love that you love thrifting, and love that I'm now following! Please peruse mine too if you fancy! And cheers : ] http://bridgetfossedal.blogspot.com

• jentine 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Whooo! Thrifting! You know I love a good thrift source… thanks for the shout-out!Also… those glasses are really bitchin' (haha… did I just use that word?)… I am squinting at the screen to look at them closely.

• cathykhayes 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>So cute! You are getting so skinny girlfriend! http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

• Hey There Carole! 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love the out and the shoes are awesome… You got a great deal on them.http://heytherecarole.blogspot.com/

• DB 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I adore going thrift store shopping! Last time I went, I found an Oscar de la Renta cape for $12. I'm pretty sure it was one of the most fulfilling moments of my life. No lie.

• Jodi at day2daywear 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I LOVE your jacket and shoes!!!~ awesome… love love love your jacket for sure!!! xox Jodi

• nomodellady 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I LOVE Ross for shoes!! I always leave with a minimum of 2 rad finds!

• Marn 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love the shoes, they complete the outfit perfectly!http://marnerella.wordpress.com

• Liesl 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Super cute look! Love the jacket and little charm necklace…you pulled it all together so well! What a lovely thrift store find too…thanks for sharing!Liesl :)

• Ashley P 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>What part of Florida do you live in? I'm a Floridian myself and live in Central Florida.

• Shellsea Oberski 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>What an awesome find. I wish the thrift stores around me were a little better. Thanks for the link to Jentine's Thrift Tips. Very helpful.http://shellseaoberski.blogspot.com

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>What a Great Find. I need to find me a Thrift store. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Mikaela 01/04/2013 at 8:59 pm

wow, those skull & crossbone rbbuer boots are to die for! Last time I saw such a great buy like that I had to hold my breath and slowly, and carefully mosey over and SNATCH them off the shelf before anyone else could see the GREAT find I had spotted. Oh yea, that was today at the Thrift Town sale where I grabbed a NEW pair of Skechers for $15.99! A splurge for me considering my normal finds, but I was just pricing NEW Skechers, and had to walk away! I’m so happy for you and your great find, and for ME!