>oh hey there, bad blogger!

04/05/2011 15 Comments

>oh hey there, bad blogger!

04/05/2011 15 Comments

040511(1) 040511(2)
040511(5) 040511(4)
040511(6) 040511(3)
Express floral top (older than old) | Lauren Conrad sweater (Kohl’s clearance, $15) | Bleu jeggings | Michelle D nude flats (Dillard’s clearance, $11) | American Eagle belt (even older than that top)
I didn’t leave the planet… just the state.
Last weekend, C and I took a romantic little weekend road trip to Charleston, SC for our friends’ wedding. I had grandiose plans to pack a suitcase full of adorable vacation outfits and take a bah-gillion photos of the wedding, the gorgeous Lowcountry scenery, the beautiful dresses my friend Cathy loaned me for the occasion, the delicious food…

But Mother Nature had different plans. On Thursday afternoon, the day before we left, a terrible storm ripped through the county and spun off a torrent of small tornados all over the place. One of them went right over our house (we’re talking take cover in the hallway weather) and threw some things around our neighborhood and knocked out our electricity. I had to finish packing with a flashlight in the dark, but a few funnel clouds couldn’t ruin our trip!

However, I didn’t take a single picture {shame, shame blogger}. I’ll try to recap it throughout the week by stealing my friends’ photos ;-)

• goodframeofmind 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Oh my goodness, that is so scary! I'm glad you had a fun weekend to make up for it. (your dog is sooo cute!!)

• Kayla 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Well these pictures are adorable anyway. Scary storms are horrible. Glad everyone was okay and you got to have your fun weekend! Ramblings of a Small Town Girl Fanciful Brainstorm – Tumblr

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Oh so sorry your plans were threatened byt bad weather, having no light and packing must've been quite an adventure, waiting to see those photos froms friends! Hope you enjoyed the wedding though.Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Kimberly Anne 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>I don't care how long you're away. You always come back and win me over, again! I'm so sorry the weather was freaktastic. We can't even have a thunderstorm around here without my dog staying up all night like someone is threatening her life. NO BUENO.I hope you can jack some photos, though. I love Keira in a pretty dress just as much as I love her in skinny jeans and flats!

• OnTheRacks 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Aw, look at that pup!! :) So cute.Loving your outfit — the whole look is great! xx

• Ellie 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Great photos! Your puppy is so cute, is she a golden doodle by any chance!?Have a fantastic day!-Ellie

• Samantha 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Cute puppy! Absences happen sometimes, mine was this weekend past when my laptop crapped out on me. Such is life. Glad to hear you're okay, I've never been in a situation like that! All we get are hurricanes or flooding with that type of thing, I think I'd probably freak out if I saw a tornado! http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

• Viktoria with a K 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love this simple cardi+jeans look. Also, your puppy is adorable!!

• Bahareh 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Very pretty outfit. And your puppy poses so well for the camera! Adorable :)

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Your dog is awesome and so is your outfit. I'm glad you are okay after your treacherous weather!http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• eclecticflair 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>The pictures with Doak are always my faves! Glad to hear you are okay and that you were still bale to enjoy your trip! Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am
  • andie 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Love the nude flats, and in combination with the skinnys your legs look SO long!nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:28 am

>Okay I grew up on the prairies in Alberta and girl those tornadoes are no joke. I'm so happy to hear you're okay!! Get in the TUBxo,C

• Iris 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Wow, you are brave. A small tornado touched down by my apartment (yes, I still live in NYC) and it was like the apocalypse. I'm glad you had fun and stayed safe despite the inclement weather!