>Almost Famous

04/14/2011 28 Comments

>Almost Famous

04/14/2011 28 Comments

41411(1)  41411(3)
41411(4)  41411(2)
41411(5)
Ya belted tunic (m.marie) | Simpy Vera Vera denim leggings (Kohl’s clearance, $10) | Unionbay sandals (Beall’s Outlet) | drugstore sunnies | Macy’s bangles

I’m a cover girl, ya’ll!
Well, it’s just a local community magazine, but still ;-) It actually really freaked me out at first. When I came back to the shop after running some errands and saw a stack of these babies on my desk chair, I panicked and flipped them upside down so I didn’t have to look at them. For about twenty seconds, I got a little overwhelmed thinking about all of the people all over town that are going to see this thing. Then I realized, “hey, a lot of people all over town are going to see this thing, and then they’ll call my shop and order flowers!” Nothing banishes a little stage fright like the potential for profit.
And if you’re wondering why I’m showing you my dirty nails {florists get dirty, don’t judge} it’s because I just got one of those new-fangled gel manis last night. Manicures are usually a fruitless task since I wreck the polish by digging in dirt and snagging my fingers across rose thorns all day, but when I stopped in for a pedi last night, the manicurist told me that this gel will stay on for 18 days. It’s about twice the cost of a regular manicure, but if it lasts that long, I think it’s worth every penny. It’s only day one, but I’m impressed so far!

• Carrie 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats girl!! And that gel will stay on…I got it once and it took an act of congress to get it off. xo – Carrie

• Andie325 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>How fun! :) I have been doing the gel manicures for about 2 months now and I love it! I get 3 weeks out of mine, which is a pretty good bargain when you consider the price! :)

• Kara @ Destined For Now 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats! What a great cover. You look adorable. I would buy so many flowers from you!

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congratulations cover girl! Bet they will orders lots and lots, but hopefully not too many to keep you away from blogging! Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Rachel 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>So cool!!! A big congrats! Hope it brings you tons of business! :)

• eclecticflair 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>CONGRATS, that is so cool! You look lovely as a cover girl, love it!!! Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Kate 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats! What a beautiful picture! I hope you are doing well!P.S. Thanks to you I have a cleaned out closet and cutoff shorts from old jeans!

• Melody 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats!! That's so great!

• Megs 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats!! That is awesome! And well-deserved!

• katie 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>awesome! you look beautiful!!! congrats.

• Wobisobi 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>So excited for you. YAY!!!!

• Abbe K 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congratulations! That is amazing!xoxo-abbeMy Leather Jacket

• Jessica Bruner 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>That's really cool! Congrats! I think I would be weirded out to see my face on a magazine too! Everything about your outfit is great. I especially love the satin-y tunic and your sandals.

• style odyssey 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>that's gel on your nails? such a lovely translucency! i like that you added a brown belt to a black and pale taupe outfit. great combo of neutrals. re: your comment on my blog….here was my response:Your blog is refreshingly pretty- I just had a glance…Yes, we could have met up in Charleston. I've done that with a few blog friends- so fun! And not creepy-stalker at all, haha. ;)

• paul kobe 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>I panicked and flipped them upside down so I didn't have to look at them.

• paul kobe 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>I got a little overwhelmed thinking about all of the people all over town that are going to see this thing.tory burch sale

• Linda 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Joey from NKOTB (you know, he was always the cute one) wants to tell you: Oh oh oh you're my cover girl! What a lovely surprise and I hope you get more business from the magazine (and the bridal show)! I'm headed to Kohl's today; You've been wearing so many good pieces lately.

• Kati 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>I have been doing the gel mani for awhile and I love it!

• A76 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats! And thank for commenting on my blog – I appreciate that a lot!xox

• goodframeofmind 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congrats Keira! So exciting! And I always get a no-chip mani, it really is worth the extra $$.

• workitChristine 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congratulations! yay cover girl!http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• Ashley 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congratulations! I love what you do on the blog, so I'm sure the spread in the magazine turned out wonderfully… hopefully you'll get TONS of new business :) Go celebrate!

• Federica 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>WOW,congratulations!!!You deserve it!http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

• shealennon 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>That's awesome, cover girl! Congratulations!

• Amy 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Congratshttp://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• fashiontherapist 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>CONGRATS!!!!! That's a huge deal – keep it up!

• L.Voss 05/17/2011 at 12:27 am

>Hip Hip Hooray

• Jamie M. 04/15/2011 at 1:08 am

>Way to go my dear!!! That's awesome :) you look fab too. Let me know how that gel mani lasts. XoWww.workyourcloset.com