>Color Block Party

04/19/2011 39 Comments

>Color Block Party

04/19/2011 39 Comments

BDIB-ColorBlock BDIB-ColorBlock3
BDIB-ColorBlock4 BDIB-ColorBlock2
Skirt, scarf and clutch (thrifted) | Sunny Leigh ruffled top (Macy’s clearance, 2009) | Madison cardigan (Belk, $12) | Nine West slingback (Marshall’s, $40) | Belt (NY&Co)
Good morning!
If you’re wondering why I’m up at the crack of dawn doing a post (when I should be getting ready for work) it’s because Kristina issued a pretty awesome challenge and I wanted to be sure that I didn’t miss out on the fun.
Cruise on over to Pretty Shiny Sparkly and check out the run-down on her new series, Bloggers Do It Better. If you’re reading this shortly after I’ve posted it, you still have time to run back to your closet and throw on some bold colorful stripes or put together a little color blocking

• MissRockwell 05/01/2011 at 2:01 pm

>This is great. I'm in love with how you mixed your thrifted items with classics! Your headband is gorgeous and unique as well! Cute work outfit!http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

• marie Kim 04/28/2011 at 9:07 am

>wow..you are very pretty, girl ;)

• kelsey williams 04/25/2011 at 3:22 pm

>This is SO pretty! I love it.

• bluecollarkyla 04/22/2011 at 8:01 pm

>I LOVE this – you look so fresh, springy, and beautiful!

• Tanvi 04/22/2011 at 4:41 am

>You look so darn cute!!! :) I am sure I have said this before. Also, I saw you in the Instyle magazine of this month!!! I knew I that I 'knew' the face from somewhere and then I read the name!!! Congrats!! :) ♡ from © tanvii.com

• What Would a Nerd Wear 04/20/2011 at 2:11 pm

>seriously? i don't know if i'll fit a size 2, though…what's your waist measurement, if you don't mind me asking? if it's too tight on you it's probably too tight on me…

• Keely 04/20/2011 at 1:53 pm

>Gorgeous! Love the red and pink pairing.http://www.casualchickiki.com/

• Carrie 04/20/2011 at 6:52 am

>I love the way you've used color here…bold and fearless!! Looks so good on you!

• Michelle 04/20/2011 at 3:48 am

>cute cute cute! I need to add more pink to my wardrobe!

• Nnenna 04/20/2011 at 3:44 am

>Love love that your headscarf matches your jacket- so cute! =)

• Twitch Vintage 04/20/2011 at 1:53 am

>You look beyond stunning here. I love the color combo, the head scarf, the clutch… literally everything.

• Keira Lennox 04/20/2011 at 12:56 am

>I may have to send you this skirt! It was made for an itty bitty waist (darn vintage proportions!). The size tag was ripped off when I bought it at the thrift store, so it's a Petite X. I'm thinking it's around a size 2. If you think it will fit, it's yours!

• shealennon 04/20/2011 at 12:04 am

>I love the red and pink together! I never would have thought of adding the green, but I love it! This was so much fun to do, don't you think?

• Viktoria with a K 04/19/2011 at 10:32 pm

>This look is gorgeous! Loove your scarf!

• What Would a Nerd Wear 04/19/2011 at 10:05 pm

>ahh i love this! every time i see super-pretty color blocking i get really excited. in fact, i think i'm going to have to borrow this whole look pretty darn soon.

• Birdie 04/19/2011 at 8:53 pm

>Aww your outfit looks so great! Love the pop of green with the raspberry! xo

• Andie325 04/19/2011 at 8:15 pm

>this looks fantastic on you, Keira! Beautiful color palette!

• Rosa Rot 04/19/2011 at 7:55 pm

>brilliant colours!http://31-85.blogspot.com/

• Jess W. 04/19/2011 at 7:50 pm

>You ace the colorblocking challenge! Your outfit looks great and I love your scarf headband too. =)

• marcella 04/19/2011 at 5:07 pm

>nice :)http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

• Monica 04/19/2011 at 4:50 pm

>That head band/ scarf is the perfect accessory with this outfit. Absolutely perfect. I wish I had your accessorizing skills.http://asktheduplex.blogspot.com/2011/04/is-red-lipstick-accessory.html

• Elizabeth 04/19/2011 at 4:45 pm

>Oh, you look adorable!

• andie 04/19/2011 at 4:14 pm

>super inspired to go put on bright colors! yup…i'm not dressed yet.nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com

• Cecilia Oviedo 04/19/2011 at 4:01 pm

>Loved the colors, turbant looks fab!Cess O. <3The Outfit Diaries

• Rlutz 04/19/2011 at 3:49 pm

>Amazing outfit…the bright colors are so great and love how styled that beautiful head scarf!

• Kasey 04/19/2011 at 3:45 pm

>I love your site!! I came across it on the bloggers do it better challenge. Fantastic outfit!!http://bit.ly/i4vnuF

• Sarah 04/19/2011 at 3:32 pm

>So pretty and lady-like! And the pink works so well with the green and gold. Love!xo,Sarah

• eclecticflair 04/19/2011 at 2:46 pm

>What a great look! I'm loving all these bright colors on you! Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

• Mo @Oh Darling Bride 04/19/2011 at 2:19 pm

>Super cute outfit! I love the bright colours :)

• Kayley 04/19/2011 at 2:17 pm

>cute! Love this outfit Kiera!

• workitChristine 04/19/2011 at 2:15 pm

>I really need a beautifully colored pencil like that! You look incredible!http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

• Kayla 04/19/2011 at 2:01 pm

>I love the color blocking look on you! Even more so I adore that skirt on you! The color is simply fantastic!

• Chloe Austyn Holley 04/19/2011 at 1:54 pm

>Alas, I do not have time to change, but I wish that I did! I've seen the rose colored light-Your color blocking interpretation is so ladylike and fun, rather than the crazy alien runway look that brought it to us.

• Jessica Bruner 04/19/2011 at 1:42 pm

>I love your example of color blocking! So chic! Your vintage bag is really awesome too. I love anything mustard.

• Keira Lennox 04/19/2011 at 1:20 pm

>Do you have any bold stripes??

• Stillblondeafteralltheseyears 04/19/2011 at 12:30 pm

>Your color combo is the best so far. That head scarf and green sweater with your blouse and skirt just work! Please visit me here and see how a 49 year old does Color Blocking! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/04/color-blocking-two-ways-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/The Chief Blonde!

• thedailyfashionista 04/19/2011 at 12:02 pm

>This is gorgeous!!! I saw her post yesterday and I have no fun colored bottoms at the moment! It's surprising to see what you don't have when you most need it! haha!!

• BetweenLaundryDays 04/19/2011 at 11:45 am

>I LOVE this color blocking! And all the details are so perfect, from the turban-style scarf to the gorgeous pumps. :)

• Sophia Sews 04/19/2011 at 11:42 am

>Wow. Looove the color combo!