>All American

05/11/2011 15 Comments

>All American

05/11/2011 15 Comments

Hanes tank (3 pack, $9.99) | Hanes teal bandini (2 pack, $10.99) | Tommy Hilfiger scarf (Macy’s, $8) and black skinnies (Macy’s, $9) | Gianni Bini yellow wedges (Dillards, 2009) | Stella & Dot vintage links bracelet | Walmart watch

When I was in junior high, I was obsessed with Tommy Hilfiger. I would’ve been happy to live in a Tommy polo and those jeans with the huge embroidered label for a belt loop every day of the week.

Over the years, I kind of lost the spark for the All-American brand as my style moved away from super-casual and grew more girly and polished. Chinos and cargo shorts just didn’t have a place in my closet anymore.

But like the best kind of love affair, Tommy is reeling me back in… During my last trip to Macy’s, I found myself wandering around the TH section lusting after the great modern denim, easy shirt dresses, and bold textiles. I love the latest ad campaigns for spring, and I’m starting to fall for the classic high-quality brand all over again.

I’m not one to drop $80 on a casual dress or pair of shorts, but I’m watching some of my favorite pieces like a hawk and scooping them up as they hit the clearance rack. Case in point: these black skinnies, which I’ve been eyeing for a while and just picked up for less than $9!

And speaking of All-American, what’s more apple pie than a bright white Hanes tee? I think all I need is an icy Coca Cola in a glass bottle and I’m good go to.

• Danielle Hohmeier 05/26/2011 at 12:24 pm

>I just stopped into a TH at the outlet mall and was shocked to see how mch of it I loved! gingham button downs, seersucker skirts, girly scarves, canvas shorts…. I ended up spending a little too much but I got a lot of cute stuff!http://daniellesotherblog.blogspot.com/

• Mel 05/26/2011 at 12:24 pm

>You look adorable! I think this outfit is perfect. Casual, cool, and effortlessly chic.The bracelet is amazing and I can't even believe those jeans were $9! Awesome find! Makes me wish i had a Macy's close by.

• Hilde Tran 05/18/2011 at 1:31 pm

> natural beauty:)http://ravegeneration.blogspot.com/

• brittany d'lynne 05/17/2011 at 1:49 pm

>That's the best thing about Tommy Hilfiger – he's really mastered polished casual.  I'm loving his new ads too!  Make me want to go join a country club and take up tennis again!!http://www.dlynne16.blogspot.com

• Kenzie 05/12/2011 at 4:24 pm

>I love this outfit, those shoes are perfection. I also like your circular bracelet!

• Sienna 05/12/2011 at 4:00 pm

>you look lovely hon, xx Sienna

• Mel 05/12/2011 at 3:22 am

• Celeste 05/12/2011 at 2:57 am

>come visit me sometime :]celestersalphabetsoup.blogspot.com

• Ashley 05/11/2011 at 7:55 pm

>Perfect summer outfit! You look so fresh and happy :)

• Daily Jo Haiku 05/11/2011 at 6:08 pm

>I have the S&D Vintage Link Bracelet, too, and I love how you've used it here.

• Izabela 05/11/2011 at 5:49 pm

>I love the simplicity of this — it is absolutely perfect for hot summer days!

• Danielle Hohmeier 05/11/2011 at 4:42 pm

• Cecilia Oviedo 05/11/2011 at 3:25 pm

>That vintage bracelet is amazing! Wish they would open a Macy's store here in México, love all the brands they hold specially when sale seasons, scarf is pretty! Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Kelleyetg 05/11/2011 at 2:03 pm

>I am hearing that Dave Mattews Band song in my head "American, Baby" You look great! love the shoes!

• heidi 05/11/2011 at 12:08 pm

>I'm loving how cheap and classic this look is. Also, I love love love those hanes tanks. I wear them around the house all of the time.