>Par for the Course

05/14/2011 7 Comments

>Par for the Course

05/14/2011 7 Comments

My husband, the athlete. I’m perfectly content spending a weekend afternoon reading books and watching reality TV reruns on the couch. Not Mister-Ants-in-the-Pants… he’s not happy unless he’s moving, running, or whacking some kind of ball.
So not only does he drag me outside to fish, he drags me to the golf course, too.
On a recent weekend golf outing, he played 9 holes and I drove the cart, drank iced tea, and ran around the course snapping photos (using a few of the new tricks I picked up from these super helpful tips over at Kevin and Amanda!). As much as I hate to admit it — because I was super whiny about being ousted off of the aforementioned couch — it was a pretty perfect afternoon!
You can check out some of my new photography skills after the jump…

IMG_9977 IMG_9974
IMG_9998 IMG_9876
IMG_9888 IMG_9967
IMG_9879 IMG_9964

In case you’re wondering, I have a Canon Rebel XS (love, love, love it) and the lens it came with. We’re hoping to splurge on some new lenses soon. I’d appreciate any recommendations!

• Hannah 05/17/2011 at 7:51 am

>Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing!xoxoHannahheapsofdreams.blogspot.com

• Patricia 05/16/2011 at 12:48 am

>We have a Canon too and my favorite lens is my 50mm 1.8. Wait until it goes down to $99.00. It takes the most gorgeous photos. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1305506827&sr=1-1

• Melissa 05/15/2011 at 3:59 pm

>What beautiful photos! They're so colorful, it looks like you had great weather that day. Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• Amy 05/15/2011 at 1:22 am

> Looks Like a fun Day outhttp://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Shoe 05/14/2011 at 10:37 pm

>Beautiful pictures!!  I've been thinking about investing in a DSLR and was really interested to find out what you use..

• Sara 05/14/2011 at 4:01 pm

>I looooove this lens: http://amzn.com/B00006I53V It's a macro, but it can do up to 10 feet away, so it'd work nicely for your fashion shots also. I think Chic on the Cheap actually uses the same one, but I may be wrong on that.

• Kelleyetg 05/14/2011 at 1:53 pm

>My husband is the same way!  We live on a canyon, so there is a lot of hiking, biking and climbing.  He loves to golf too, given the opportunity!  I am like you, I would love to sit on the couch and read or watch a movie.  I like to work in the garden, or sew, but I am content if there is a little quiet time.  Hard to come by with our two young sons.  I also have a canon digital rebel XS. LOVE IT. I recently got a new lens and decided to go with the 50mm.  I really like it.  I am taking some time getting to know it, but like you, I am aquiring new photo skills daily! Keep on!