>Too Hot to Handle

05/19/2011 28 Comments

>Too Hot to Handle

05/19/2011 28 Comments

Sunny Leigh tunic | Apt 9 scarf (Kohl’s clearance) | White House Black Market jeans (thrifted) | Nine West woven belt | Seychelles platform sandals (Marshall’s, $40)

You would not believe the amount of Photoshopping it took to take these outfit shots from completely overexposed to something actually visible! Note to self: check the camera settings before husband takes a dozen pictures, and even though it may seem like a good idea to stand in the direct sun at 10:30am for an impromptu photo shoot, it’s definitely not.  You know what they say, “time is money,” so no second chances or do-overs for blog photos. My photographer charges astronomical overtime fees.

• Eva @ Four Leaf Clover 06/14/2011 at 1:49 pm

Love this outfit – especially that scarf! So perfectly put together.

• Stylishly Short 05/26/2011 at 6:06 pm

>My husband/photographer recently spent 15 minutes taking pics of me only to find out that the memory card wasn't in the camera! He found it amusing and I spent the whole time mourning the loss of some great pics.  Great deal on those shoes!http://stylishlyshort.blogspot.com

• Carrie 05/23/2011 at 9:35 pm

> This is one of my all time faves of yours.  And may I just add that your shoes haunt me to this day.  As I haunt Marshall's in hot pursuit of a pair.

• Lori Jaramillo 05/21/2011 at 3:19 am

>I SO adore your shoes!  And the price, you can't beat it :)  I know what you mean by taking pics in direct sunlight, I'm an amateur photographer and have had to learn by taking hundreds of pictures and hours of editing!  So I feel for you :)http://tryintobestylin.com

• Mr. Taylor and his Lady 05/20/2011 at 8:31 pm

> you're gorgeous! love reading this blog.Xohttp://ericplustanya.blogspot.com

• MeghanM 05/20/2011 at 4:01 pm

>Adorable!

• Cynchu 05/20/2011 at 12:47 pm

> Love, love, love, love! Kisses from Norway!

• Bethy Hardeman 05/20/2011 at 6:19 am

> Digging the belted scarf! I keep forgetting about that little trick, but you pull it off so nicely.

• Katie 05/20/2011 at 3:35 am

>Love this easygoing look! And these jeans – so jealous of this find! I keep trying to hunt down some good flares but they never seem to be long enough on me. These look great on you!

• Rlutz 05/20/2011 at 1:49 am

>great outfit…loving the flared and that great belted scarf!

• Elaine Hearn 05/20/2011 at 12:47 am

> I love the belted scarf!

• Lynzy 05/20/2011 at 12:23 am

> Just discovered your blog and you are flipping adorable! Loving the scarf with this outfit, great style girl :)xo Lynzywww.sparklingfootsteps.com

• EnterKelly 05/20/2011 at 12:01 am

> What a gorgeous outfit! This has to be one of my favs!KellyEnterkelly.blogspot.com

• Celeste Alphabetsoup 05/19/2011 at 9:57 pm

> i'm loving that scarf of yours girly! gotta love kohls! i really actually like their apt. 9 brand…i gotta a super cute purse from there!AlphabetSoup Style

• Jessica Bruner 05/19/2011 at 9:55 pm

>I'm telling you again, but I love your new hair style.  Perfect waves!

• goodframeofmind 05/19/2011 at 8:46 pm

>Your hair looks just darling, and this pics turned out great !

• Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen 05/19/2011 at 8:23 pm

>Usually I find belted scarves a bit strange but you rock it!  This is too cute!  And those jeans are fantastic, great thrifting score!

• In Kinsey's Closet 05/19/2011 at 6:28 pm

>I love how you belted this scarf!  The pics look great, the photoshopping was well worth it!

• Brin_ 05/19/2011 at 5:53 pm

>nice outfit and nice colours! if you want follow me on blogger I will do the same!http://freakyfriday-sabrina.blogspot.com

• Julie 05/19/2011 at 5:29 pm

>These pictures look great! I love the hippie chic look!

• Keira Lennox 05/19/2011 at 5:11 pm

> I would LOVE these shoes in orange!! I think they're my favorites in my closet right now :)

• Hayley 05/19/2011 at 4:53 pm

> I don't know if I said it already or not but I LOVE your new do!Hayleyhttp://theweekendfile.blogspot.com/

• memoriesfromwonderland 05/19/2011 at 4:28 pm

> haha i hear you! I always get so frustrated when after all the photos are taken and loaded on my computer the settings were wrong or none of them turned out as i'd hoped! haha :) you look really cute tho! so dont worry, if you didn't tell us about the photoshopping we wouldnt have noticed!http://memoriesfromwonderland.blogspot.com

• Amy 05/19/2011 at 4:13 pm

> Super Cute Outfit. http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

• Ashley 05/19/2011 at 4:05 pm

> Oh man! This is one of my favorite outfit posts of yours. I have those shoes in orange. :)

• Lauren 05/19/2011 at 3:39 pm

>This is so simple, yet so elegant and colorful! I love the belted scarf here and the proportions are just beautiful!

• caz h 05/19/2011 at 3:27 pm

>You look adorable! Love the outfit!!I've been trying to thrift some wide leg jeans but not having much luck so far!

• eclecticflair 05/19/2011 at 3:15 pm

>Great outfit! I love the belted floral scarf with those amazing seychelles' shoes!  Lidi @ Eclectic Flair