Summer 30 for 30 Remix: The Rundown

06/14/2011 14 Comments

Summer 30 for 30 Remix: The Rundown

06/14/2011 14 Comments

Well, here we have it!

This is my fourth round of remixing a la Kendi Everyday, and I’ve come full circle back to the season that started it all a year ago. If you’ve followed for a while, you know I kind of tanked with the last 30 for 30. I… er, quit. This time around, I’m putting a lot less pressure on myself and just planning to enjoy the ride and remember the point of the challenge.  It may take me 30 days, it may take me 300 {but boy, let’s hope not 300} and there’s a good chance I won’t post every single outfit throughout my little remix journey. But I’ll do my best. Pinky swear.

IMG_0434 IMG_0436

Here’s what we’re working with:

5 tees, 4 shirts, 3 dresses, 4  jackets/sweaters, shorts, 2 skirts, 2 pants, 6 shoes

Outfit #2 will be up later this afternoon! Good luck fellow remixers :-)

• sydney 07/16/2011 at 9:45 pm

WHERE did you get the shoes on the bottom right? They are beautiful!

• […] taking on this round of Kendi’s 30 for 30 after bombing the last one. But I told myself in the beginning that I’d turn off the pressure and just roll with this one, kind of like I did with my very […]

• […] all I can think about wearing are shorts and tank tops. Fortunately I have several of each in my lineup, but you don’t get much style blogger street cred for rocking that same basic combo over and […]

• Sunday Crossbow 06/16/2011 at 9:55 pm

We have a few similar picks in our 30 items: red striped shirt, blue button down, green cargo like pants. This is a relief for me b/c it lets me know 1) I’m on the right track, and 2) someone out there has similar taste. :D

• Virginie's Cinema 06/16/2011 at 7:59 pm

No pressure, it’s all fun and positive :)

I love your picks and the way you photographed them is so nice.

Glad to remix in your compagnie again!

Virginie ♥

• Kelsey Williams 06/16/2011 at 10:47 am

I love all your striped things! :)

• genevieve 06/16/2011 at 12:49 am

I just love seeing everyone’s summer 30 for 30 selections! I feel as though it’s like getting a peek into the best parts of everyone’s closets. I really do mean that in a non-creepy way.

Loving your selections, especially all the stripes! Good luck!

• Liz @ Law Mama 06/15/2011 at 5:18 pm

I had a hard time with the last remix too, but I’m trying to be more low key about it this time and just keep the same light hearted approach it had the first time I did it.

Looking forward to following your remix!

• Noemi Le 06/15/2011 at 2:11 pm

Love Love Love all the stripes and not to mention your shoes! LOL Good luck with this round, I promise to keep coming back to check on you and keep you motivated to finish with me. =]

Thanks for showing my post some love =]

• Anne 06/15/2011 at 2:07 pm

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog… I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with these items! I’m a total sucker for stripes. And I recently got those same black heels – interested in seeing how you do them up :) Happy remixing.

• Amy 06/15/2011 at 9:31 am

Good Luck

• Angela Madathil 06/14/2011 at 11:48 am

Good luck! It is really tough! I had to take a sabbatical from it last time. I am taking much more time choosing my pieces this time around…with much more color.

• Anonymous 06/14/2011 at 11:45 am

You are so brave! (And creative!) I have a question, won’t this exercise make you want to burn those items when you’re finished? If so, let me know. I’d love to snatch some of them before they hit the flames. HA! Good luck, I know you will be fabulous!

• Ang - Love at First Shoe 06/14/2011 at 11:32 am

Can’t wait to see your remixes!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!