30 for 30: Five Finger Discount

06/17/2011 18 Comments

30 for 30: Five Finger Discount

06/17/2011 18 Comments

chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet) | i heart ronson shorts (c/o jcpenney) | vintage scarf worn as a belt (thrifted) | Dooney & Bourke Dillen II satchel in aqua (gift) | Antonio Milani yellow leather espadrilles (Dillards)

Oh yeah, I’m that style blogger. The one who sees a fabulous ensemble on one of her favorites and steals it shamelessly.

Okay, not really. I actually try to avoid blatant outfit plagiarism, but we’re remixing people, and all rules are out the window. Only the strong and resourceful will survive thirty days of thirty items of clothing. I swiped this look off of Kendi before the proverbial ink on yesterday’s post was dry. But I told her I would on Twitter, so my conscious is clear, ya’ll.

A word of caution about the scarf-as-a-belt trick when you tie the scarf at the back: it is not bathroom friendly. I recommend using the same discretion as when wearing a romper. Don’t wait until the last possible second to visit the loo, because it takes some finagling to get out safely in a way that won’t result in your scarf ends falling into the commode. You can thank me later for that [perhaps TMI] advice.

• danilewisphotography 07/19/2011 at 9:50 am

Your outfit is really cute!! I love love the purse and shoe colours together! Another thing about rompers, dont just give yourself extra time, dont wear them hiking!

• Katya 07/18/2011 at 10:56 pm

I am IN love with the whole outfit, but the best part has to be the adorable bag :)

• […] post all of my outfits. Some were less exciting than others {like the Saturday I wore this top with these shorts and my denim flats} but every outfit counts, right? I think we all know the moral of the story by […]

• Jessica Bruner 06/29/2011 at 7:38 pm

I am in love with that D & B satchel. Oh, it is fab!

• Raych 06/23/2011 at 8:41 pm

I love this outfit! Especially that bag!

• Beverly 06/21/2011 at 4:57 pm

love your outfit!! I love everything about it!

• Tiffany 06/20/2011 at 3:57 pm

I love this outfit! The chambray shirt and khaki shorts. The bright shoes and bag. I love it all! And you’re so cute! I’m so happy I found your blog! =)

• Patty 06/19/2011 at 12:50 pm

the bag is to die for! i heart the color so much!!!

• Jess 06/18/2011 at 11:06 pm

This is a great outfit and I think it’s great that you are inspired by other bloggers. =)

• rajthandhi 06/18/2011 at 9:32 pm

Super cute outfit! I saw the original on Kendi and was thinking about “borrowing” the idea as well. I really like how your’s looks with the chambray shirt.

• anne 06/18/2011 at 7:09 am

Oooh, I wanted to steal that look off Kendi too but find myself lacking in the right kind of scarf department. I love your version – the scarf is so great combined with the purse & shoes.

• keiralennox 06/18/2011 at 11:04 am

Try your local thrift stores! That’s where I usually buy all of mine. This is just a big square scarf. I’ll do a quick post or video soon to show how it works :)

• Hannah 06/18/2011 at 3:46 am

You look gorgeous and the scarve tip is some very good advice. I, of course, already knew this since I did drop my scarve in the toilet. Never wore it again.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

• Sunday Crossbow 06/17/2011 at 11:34 pm

such a great chambray shirt! You could wear that with anything!

• Amy 06/17/2011 at 11:02 pm

Cute Outfit. I use to wear scarf as belts all the time

• Linda Z 06/17/2011 at 9:06 pm

Totally different color! I would have never known!! :) I might try the scarf thing next! :)

• Rochelle 06/17/2011 at 8:49 pm

There is nothing too wrong with blatantly stealing an outfit inspiration from another blogger. And you did send her a tweet! :) You look lovely and it looks like you are having more fun with remixing this time!

• Cathy 06/17/2011 at 8:17 pm

Your hair is getting so long and I LOVE it! CUTE cute cute!!!